New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve googled this and I can’t really find anything other than it might be self soothing but I don’t think it is in this case and it’s normal for toddlers but I don’t remember my eldest doing it.
When the baby gets upset, like I take his brothers crisps out of his reach, he gets on all fours and bangs his head on the floor while he cries is this normal? He’s 1 in 10 days :cry:
I think head banging is a pretty normal display of frustration and the start of dare I say it (baby Waka is 1 in 17 days too) tantrums. Keep an eye on it but it does sounds like frustration, baby Waka will drop to the floor and cry if I’ve taken something off her and she wants, she’s been doing this for a while

Reactions: 2
Flew to Scotland yesterday. You know when you’re on a flight and there’s a baby crying the whole time. Yup that was me. T1 cried from take off to landing. No idea why she was fed and napped. Tried everything possible but poor thing was having none of it. So stressful even more so because the lady sitting next to us got up and moved away which made me feel really bad (it shouldn’t have).
Anyway all the crying wore her out as she’s just slept 11 hours through the night (every cloud)

Ps congratulations @calmyourritas 💐👰‍♀️🤵🏼♂
Oh bloody hell, I’m sure the stress levels were through the roof 😩😩😩

I’ve googled this and I can’t really find anything other than it might be self soothing but I don’t think it is in this case and it’s normal for toddlers but I don’t remember my eldest doing it.
When the baby gets upset, like I take his brothers crisps out of his reach, he gets on all fours and bangs his head on the floor while he cries is this normal? He’s 1 in 10 days :cry:
Yeah it’s absolutely normal, it’s often just their way of showing their frustration as they don’t have the language to express it yet. Are you able to distract him when he does it?

I’ve tested positive for Covid for the first time this morning and Baby Cupcake has the saddest sounding little cough so pretty sure he has it too 😫 may aswell just paint a red cross on our door at this point. Send help and/or wine 😵💫😵💫

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Do you have a link to that? Were looking for something for baby cucumber's birthday
this is the one we have

Definitely normal (for little kids, their normal is insane though 🤣).

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So after being in a foul mood yesterday morning, baby o had a three hour nap before lunch and then seemed fine the rest of the day, but I still had to put her to bed early because she was rubbing her eyes. This morning she’s slept in til 7.45 (she’s usually awake around 6.20). She seems fine otherwise so I’m assuming perhaps a growth spurt…

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Another brutal night over here 😴😴😴 I'm pretty sure this is leap 4/4 month regression and it's killer! Just hope it doesn't last too much longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have to wake Tommy up for his bottle every morning and the one day I need to give him it late of bloody course he wakes early and starts screaming bloody murder 😤

This child is going to be a satanist one day I’m sure 💀😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think we have our first nursery germs. She’s very snotty so can’t wait to catch that off her 😂🤢
She’s so tired and miserable, she’s not napping well at nursery at all and is sitting up pretty much every hour at night she’s so unsettled. Bless her ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I was due to go back to work in October but really didn’t want to go back to the same place, they promoted someone what I was doing before but they are getting paid more, new job title and I’m really annoyed I wasn’t considered for the promotion, I’ve been doing kit days and my smp doesn’t finishing until January but I was always helping out so it made sense to go back earlier.
Anyway I applied for a higher position at a different company, guess who bagged the job 😅 they said I can hold off for as long as I’m ready, it’s almost double my salary for less hours.

I’m buzzing (and can totally justify the fact I’ve just ordered a new car 😂 )

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I was due to go back to work in October but really didn’t want to go back to the same place, they promoted someone what I was doing before but they are getting paid more, new job title and I’m really annoyed I wasn’t considered for the promotion, I’ve been doing kit days and my smp doesn’t finishing until January but I was always helping out so it made sense to go back earlier.
Anyway I applied for a higher position at a different company, guess who bagged the job 😅 they said I can hold off for as long as I’m ready, it’s almost double my salary for less hours.

Yassss well done! It worked out well in the end 🤗🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Amazing, well done 👏👏 I bet you can’t wait to tell your current employer where they can stick their job - in an entirely professional way of course so you can still get a reference 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ours isn’t 1 yet but saw this in smiths the other day and maybe I’m tacky af but I love it will prob get her one for her bday ..
We got this for my toddler for Christmas this year! It’s so cute, but it took her many months to get the hang of driving and steering 😂

• Haha

Yayyy!! Congratulations 🥳

• Heart
We’re going back into the NICU today to give the donation we’ve collected for them- I thought I was fine but the anxiety about going back has just hit. I feel so sick at the thought of it. I know it will be fine when we get there and I have to keep telling myself that!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
We’re going back into the NICU today to give the donation we’ve collected for them- I thought I was fine but the anxiety about going back has just hit. I feel so sick at the thought of it. I know it will be fine when we get there and I have to keep telling myself that!
Good Luck!!! Xx

Definitely normal. Just make sure they’re safe/can’t hurt themselves too badly (they won’t generally) and don’t react as they know it gets attention from you. Kids can be so 🙃🙃🙃

Another brutal night over here 😴😴😴 I'm pretty sure this is leap 4/4 month regression and it's killer! Just hope it doesn't last too much longer.
We’re right there with you! Last week he did nothing but sleep for hours, now I’m struggling to get him down in the day for longer than 30 minutes and for no contact naps and he’s waking at least 4 times a night. 4 months is fun!
All I want is 15 minutes to do a YouTube workout 😂

Same here! Combined with Covid then a cold just a week and a half later 😓. It sucks doesn’t it lo l

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.