New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First birthday gifts - we a ladybird wheelybug which we got when my eldest was 9months, and it has been used daily, by all 4 kids, ever since. Hands down the best toy we’ve ever owned. But I wouldn’t think it’d be good if you’ve got carpet in your house.
Other things would be a toy kitchen, start to build a craft set (colours, play dough, paints), maybe a small balance bike. I rarely buy gifts a toddler can use at the minute, but rather look at things they may be ready for in the next year.

@LittleBluebird do you think you are over producing on one side? If so, look up block feeding, which is a method a few of my friends have used several times to counter overproduction.

Reactions: 4
@Definitelyme absolutely over producing on my right side compared to my left. Pumped yesterday because and got 90ml on the right and 10ml on the left. I forget the reason why I pumped, I think because she hadn’t eaten in a while, it’s all a blur of decisions 🤣.

She also way prefers the right since, I’m assuming, she doesn’t have to work as hard for the abundance of milk.

My lactation consultant is calling me this afternoon so I’ll see what she says. And thanks for the tip of block feeding!

Reactions: 2
Think Hannah is coming down with something again 🙄
Screamed last night like she was in pain so brought her into my bed, she slept till 8.30 am. Back down for a nap at 10:45 and still sleeping now. Not sure whether to just leave her to nap as long as possible (I start work at 2 and have to take her with me to swap cars with KW as we work in same place but he is early shift) or wake her 😫 she never sleeps like this so she's obv not feeling the best 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Think Hannah is coming down with something again 🙄
Screamed last night like she was in pain so brought her into my bed, she slept till 8.30 am. Back down for a nap at 10:45 and still sleeping now. Not sure whether to just leave her to nap as long as possible (I start work at 2 and have to take her with me to swap cars with KW as we work in same place but he is early shift) or wake her 😫 she never sleeps like this so she's obv not feeling the best 😭
Let her sleep as long as you can. My 3yo is currently sleeping on the sofa, her second snooze of the day, as she threw up earlier and obviously feels horrid. She never usually sleeps during the day anymore, so it could totally screw us over tonight, but I think when they are miserable just to leave them to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Definitelyme absolutely over producing on my right side compared to my left. Pumped yesterday because and got 90ml on the right and 10ml on the left. I forget the reason why I pumped, I think because she hadn’t eaten in a while, it’s all a blur of decisions 🤣.

She also way prefers the right since, I’m assuming, she doesn’t have to work as hard for the abundance of milk.

My lactation consultant is calling me this afternoon so I’ll see what she says. And thanks for the tip of block feeding!
I’ve been the same with both of my children. They’ve both preferred the right (too lazy to bother with the left when the right will just spray it right in for them!) but it’s evened out over time. Baby is now 10 months and boobs still wonky, just less so than when she was a newborn but it hasn’t been an issue! Remember the baby is much more effective than a pump too so they’ll be getting more from the less active side than a pump can. Hope the LC is helpful!

Reactions: 3
Hello!

After breaking my lurker status over on the toddler advice thread I thought I would say hello here as I have a 3.5 month old son as well as my 3 year old daughter. I have enjoyed reading this thread, so much good advice is given along with the hilarious stories! Hoping to now join in instead of just reading!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hello!

After breaking my lurker status over on the toddler advice thread I thought I would say hello here as I have a 3.5 month old son as well as my 3 year old daughter. I have enjoyed reading this thread, so much good advice is given along with the hilarious stories! Hoping to now join in instead of just reading!
Hi! We have very similar ages then, I have a 3 year old daughter and a 4.5 month old son!

Reactions: 3
Let her sleep as long as you can. My 3yo is currently sleeping on the sofa, her second snooze of the day, as she threw up earlier and obviously feels horrid. She never usually sleeps during the day anymore, so it could totally screw us over tonight, but I think when they are miserable just to leave them to it.
She ended up sleeping for 2.5 hours, woke up happy as anything 🤣 defo messed up bedtime but that's dad's problem tonight 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Do not I repeat DO NOT go to Gloucester Park whatever you do 😅 im from Gloucester and unfortunately the center is pretty grim. The quays is ok though lots of boats to look at so a walk round there in the sunshine is nice
Too late!!

I headed there as it looked like they had some swings etc. We stayed about 20 mins as there was a festival or something being set up and baby cucumber is a people watcher and he'd been in the car for an hour and a half. But I kept a very close watch on the pram!!!

We went to the city farm - a bit of a schelp through not the nicest area, but it was ok, pottered to the cathedral cafe for lunch and then around the shops at the docks.

Poor kid was in his pram most of the time, but wasn't too fussy.

Almost pee'd myself as the loos in the quays weren't big enough to fit a pram in and the baby change didn't have a loo. Thank god for Costa!

Too late!!

I headed there as it looked like they had some swings etc. We stayed about 20 mins as there was a festival or something being set up and baby cucumber is a people watcher and he'd been in the car for an hour and a half. But I kept a very close watch on the pram!!!

We went to the city farm - a bit of a schelp through not the nicest area, but it was ok, pottered to the cathedral cafe for lunch and then around the shops at the docks.

Poor kid was in his pram most of the time, but wasn't too fussy.

Almost pee'd myself as the loos in the quays weren't big enough to fit a pram in and the baby change didn't have a loo. Thank god for Costa!
Ahh man hope you got out of there with all your belongings 😅

Ah yes I forgot about city farm haven't been there in years, yeah the area is pretty gross honestly anywhere in the city centre i avoid completely 🤣

Probably t.m.i , but I know how great this group is for advice....
I'm 4 weeks post section tomorrow... May have had a bit of a saucy moment with my husband a few days ago and felt fine... today (2 days later) I'm quite sore and light pink when I wipe and kinda hurts to finish my wee? I should have waited the 6 weeks but really fancied it ha ha

• Heart
I must have got up with baby about 100 times last night. She puts her foot between the bars of the cot, then pushes so she ends up banging her head on the top panel 🙄 so I have to get up and move her back down again. I know cot bumpers are a no but I wish there was something soft I could put along that edge, I’m starting to worry that she’s going to really hurt herself!

Mums with babies 1 year+ do you have any recommendations for 1st birthday presents? Struggling to think of what we can get her that other people won’t also buy!

@calmyourritas have a lovely day today 👰🏻‍♀️💒
Ours isn’t 1 yet but saw this in smiths the other day and maybe I’m tacky af but I love it will prob get her one for her bday ..

Attachments

• Heart
Ours isn’t 1 yet but saw this in smiths the other day and maybe I’m tacky af but I love it will prob get her one for her bday ..
I went in for this and came out with the pink electric remote control mini sport, she loves it though 🤣....even though its for ages 3+ 🙈

• Haha
I'm 4 weeks post section tomorrow... May have had a bit of a saucy moment with my husband a few days ago and felt fine... today (2 days later) I'm quite sore and light pink when I wipe and kinda hurts to finish my wee? I should have waited the 6 weeks but really fancied it ha ha
You are at risk of infection or splitting your stitches which is why they say 6 weeks. Best to keep an eye on it and see the doctor if it persists, don't want to mess around with infections etc. Hopefully you've just irritated things or got a mild UTI, but I would definitely avoid it again, better to be overly cautious than end up poorly for sure.

You are at risk of infection or splitting your stitches which is why they say 6 weeks. Best to keep an eye on it and see the doctor if it persists, don't want to mess around with infections etc. Hopefully you've just irritated things or got a mild UTI, but I would definitely avoid it again, better to be overly cautious than end up poorly for sure.
Definitely going to avoid it for a few more weeks!
My c section wound had healed so I thought I was ok to do it.... didn't think about internally!

Thank you 😊

Reactions: 1
Went to the zoo today.
Everleigh spent the whole day trying to grab anyone's bag she could reach.
At one point, I pushed her up towards the window with the chimps, grab my 4yo so she can see, turn back around and Everleigh is undoing a woman's bag standing next to her and digging her hand in 🤦🏻‍♀️

She also wouldn't stop shouting at a little boy who had a Duggee Tshirt on. 😂 Poor kid looked terrified

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Went to the zoo today.
Everleigh spent the whole day trying to grab anyone's bag she could reach.
At one point, I pushed her up towards the window with the chimps, grab my 4yo so she can see, turn back around and Everleigh is undoing a woman's bag standing next to her and digging her hand in 🤦🏻‍♀️

She also wouldn't stop shouting at a little boy who had a Duggee Tshirt on. 😂 Poor kid looked terrified
The other week ToddlerMe walked up to a woman who was sitting on a low wall (we also were, so he toddled Off from us to her) and just lifted her mobile from her hands. I was MORTIFIED 🙈🙈

Actually unbelievably impressed that you found any time for a saucy moment! Go mama!
But yes, just be very careful. Even sometimes when you feel well after a section you can still be healing internally. The pink wouldn’t be such a big issue I don’t think, as many people bleed for weeks and weeks (my record is 9) after having a baby. They do say if it tails off then returns that you’ve been over doing it so just bare that in mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
One of the hardest parts of solo bedtime is making sure the children fall asleep in the right order. Because tonight it all went wrong and the baby fell asleep first and then the toddler woke her up after 10 mins of sleep. So baby now thinks it was just a lovely nap and I’m now destined to be awake for hours

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.