New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To all you cat lovers, there’s a fab baby sensory video on YT called Kitties Dance Party, lots of cats with Pom poms and flying round in donuts 😂 makes a change from dancing pineapples and avocado

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We had it blamed on covid, then her being premature then we finally saw a lovely lady GP who had a baby around the same age as the twins and her daughter had just been diagnosed with it too! We were given antibiotics and told to come back in 10 days which we did, the next GP we saw didn't even listen to her chest and just said it was because she had covid and was born with respiratory distress so I rang our pediatrician she saw her arranged more antibiotics then an xray once the second course was finished and confirmed it was PBB and gave us a spacer to clear the last of the mucus and open her up a bit more!
It's so crazy how they all sing from different hymn sheets
Yeah, that’s so interesting as baby’s only went away after she was given antibiotics for something else. Although I must admit when I first read your post I thought you’d said your GP had diagnosed her as PFB - as in, precious first born, what mumsnet uses to mean someone is being a ridiculously unreasonable parent 😂 I was about to say how bloody rude!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah, that’s so interesting as baby’s only went away after she was given antibiotics for something else. Although I must admit when I first read your post I thought you’d said your GP had diagnosed her as PFB - as in, precious first born, what mumsnet uses to mean someone is being a ridiculously unreasonable parent 😂 I was about to say how bloody rude!
I can think of many things for twin 1, precious newborn is probably 67th(?!) On that list🤣🤣

• Haha
Baby Bluebird had herself a party last night. Slept like a champ from 6 or 7 to 12:30. Then fed, passed out, so I changed her and put on her PJs. Placed her in cot and her eyes sprang open and her arms and legs went a wiggling. After 30 or 45 minutes I decided to feed her again even though she didn’t seem interested so she then clamped on and ate a ton and fell back asleep. 🤦‍♀️

ION- my super producing right boob is in massive overdrive and I’m not sure what to do with it. It’s 2, maybe 3, times the size of my left and had water boarded her the past 2-3 feeds. She ate from it at 5:45 this morning for 30 minutes and by 7:30 it was full and hard and a little bit painful. I’m going to message the LC because I’m not sure if I should pump or not since she sometimes goes longer in between feeds and that will inspire the boobs to make more.

• Heart
I must have got up with baby about 100 times last night. She puts her foot between the bars of the cot, then pushes so she ends up banging her head on the top panel 🙄 so I have to get up and move her back down again. I know cot bumpers are a no but I wish there was something soft I could put along that edge, I’m starting to worry that she’s going to really hurt herself!

Mums with babies 1 year+ do you have any recommendations for 1st birthday presents? Struggling to think of what we can get her that other people won’t also buy!

@calmyourritas have a lovely day today 👰🏻‍♀️💒

• Heart
Mums with babies 1 year+ do you have any recommendations for 1st birthday presents? Struggling to think of what we can get her that other people won’t also buy!
We're not one yet (16 days to go) but we've got money from my parents to buy an indoor climber, and then we've ordered a large wooden activity cube from smyths and a few books. (Obviously our food hamper from the MIL too, yay!)
If you're worried others might buy you similar toys is it work asking for them to perhaps give gift vouchers instead or even start building her winter wardrobe before your inundated with toys?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Have an amazing wedding day @calmyourritas i hope you tell us all about it! Mainly so I can steal ideas cause a weddings the worst idea I’ve ever had 😂❤

• Heart

We bought Toddler Runner a teepee to play in for her first birthday. There’s some really lovely ones on Etsy. Her favourite present was probably a scuttle bug though

so today we’re having one of those days where if she’s not constantly being entertained, she howls and cries 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
Send booze.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Baby Bluebird had herself a party last night. Slept like a champ from 6 or 7 to 12:30. Then fed, passed out, so I changed her and put on her PJs. Placed her in cot and her eyes sprang open and her arms and legs went a wiggling. After 30 or 45 minutes I decided to feed her again even though she didn’t seem interested so she then clamped on and ate a ton and fell back asleep. 🤦‍♀️

ION- my super producing right boob is in massive overdrive and I’m not sure what to do with it. It’s 2, maybe 3, times the size of my left and had water boarded her the past 2-3 feeds. She ate from it at 5:45 this morning for 30 minutes and by 7:30 it was full and hard and a little bit painful. I’m going to message the LC because I’m not sure if I should pump or not since she sometimes goes longer in between feeds and that will inspire the boobs to make more.
I’m not a LC so this may be awful advice, but what I’d do is express a teeny bit for comfort if they get uncomfortable (enough to relieve the pressure but not to signal to make more milk) and then continue to feed as normal, and I’d imagine eventually they will even themselves out! Although I think there’s things they can suggest like block feeding for oversupply - would be interested to hear what the LC says!

I must have got up with baby about 100 times last night. She puts her foot between the bars of the cot, then pushes so she ends up banging her head on the top panel 🙄 so I have to get up and move her back down again. I know cot bumpers are a no but I wish there was something soft I could put along that edge, I’m starting to worry that she’s going to really hurt herself!

We got her a musical instrument set (wtf is wrong with us) that she loves, and a busy board which she is obsessed with!

Reactions: 2

Things our little girl got for her first birthday (some from us, some from others):

Play kitchen and accessories
Ride on toy
Play tent (UPF fabric for use outside too)
Water play table/picnic bench
Paddling pool plus ball pool balls to use as a ball pool inside
Musical instruments (selection of percussion instruments)
The usual books etc.

Made a list of all your ideas, thank you! We wanted to buy her a swing for the garden but it’s going to be unusable while the renovations are going on, so seems a bit crap to buy it and leave it in the box in the garage til November 😂

so today we’re having one of those days where if she’s not constantly being entertained, she howls and cries 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
Send booze.
Same! Cries to be picked up, then whinges to get off my lap. Plays with a toy for 0.4 seconds before getting bored and crying. I would also appreciate a large gin now 🥲

Got baby to sleep for his first nap, toddler screamed at him on purpose and woke him up after 15 minutes so now he won't go back to sleep 🙃 and this is why I have an overtired baby who won't sleep at night!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Made a list of all your ideas, thank you! We wanted to buy her a swing for the garden but it’s going to be unusable while the renovations are going on, so seems a bit crap to buy it and leave it in the box in the garage til November 😂

Same! Cries to be picked up, then whinges to get off my lap. Plays with a toy for 0.4 seconds before getting bored and crying. I would also appreciate a large gin now 🥲
Yep, if I even take my eyes off her for a second she starts crying. No toys are good enough. No songs are helping. Spent 5 mins throwing her up in the air which got a brief chuckle. Just put her down for a nap, hoping she wakes up with a better attitude 😑 solidarity!

Also just thought I’d share my latest tip discovery if it helps -when she’s overtired or stressy abd trying ti sleep, she’ll keep pulling her dummy out and waving it around.Except then she’s upset becatse she actually wants it in her mouth - it’s almost Like a tic or a reflex. Anyway today I’ve discovered if I press a muslin into her hand she’ll hold that and rub it on her face instead and then she’ll chill out and sleep 🤷🏻‍♀️ Might be a million years late to the party but it might help someone - unless it’s just my weirdo kid that has that issue 😂

• Heart
Yep, if I even take my eyes off her for a second she starts crying. No toys are good enough. No songs are helping. Spent 5 mins throwing her up in the air which got a brief chuckle. Just put her down for a nap, hoping she wakes up with a better attitude 😑 solidarity!

Also just thought I’d share my latest tip discovery if it helps -when she’s overtired or stressy abd trying ti sleep, she’ll keep pulling her dummy out and waving it around.Except then she’s upset becatse she actually wants it in her mouth - it’s almost Like a tic or a reflex. Anyway today I’ve discovered if I press a muslin into her hand she’ll hold that and rub it on her face instead and then she’ll chill out and sleep 🤷🏻‍♀️ Might be a million years late to the party but it might help someone - unless it’s just my weirdo kid that has that issue 😂
Yep, took me ages to put the washing out because I literally managed to hang up one thing before she started screaming for me again! I’ve also put baby G down for a nap but she’s just laying here kicking me at the moment. Need to go food shopping today so hopefully a trip round the shop in the trolley will distract her from her mood 😂

Reactions: 1
Yep, took me ages to put the washing out because I literally managed to hang up one thing before she started screaming for me again! I’ve also put baby G down for a nap but she’s just laying here kicking me at the moment. Need to go food shopping today so hopefully a trip round the shop in the trolley will distract her from her mood 😂
I will send good post-nap vibes for you! I think we’re going to the library later just to get out 😂

I often give my little one his dummy in his mouth and then another dummy in his hand … then he has the best of both worlds and there are two dummies in his cot to give him a chance of finding one himself in the night (he doesn’t ever do this, but I have hope 😂)

Not been on for ages how is everyone??

So we’ve just got Mollie settled in her own room and it’s looking like another heat wave 🥵 it’s way cooler in the office so kw wants to move her cot in there for the week which is prob a good idea tbh but is it going to disrupt her sleeping being in a diff room? Does anyone else do this?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.