New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit of a random one. Does anyone know where I can go that is baby friendly in Gloucester on a Sunday? We're there for a couple of hours in the centre, but with no car. I'm thinking a baby friendly cafe and a nice park with baby swings etc. It's that or I'll just be doing loops of the outlet centre with the pram.

Do not I repeat DO NOT go to Gloucester Park whatever you do 😅 im from Gloucester and unfortunately the center is pretty grim. The quays is ok though lots of boats to look at so a walk round there in the sunshine is nice

just doing a bit of emotional dumping, don’t mind me…

Just sat on my bed having a little cry. Not sure why but I just feel sad today. I’m so tired and burned out, I woke up this morning thinking how much I’d love to just have a day off - I wish I had someone close by I could leave her with for a few hours so I could get some headspace. She’s pretty chill compared to a lot of babies but I just need to switch my brain off for a bit.I don’t think I was prepared for how exhausting it is just constantly being ‘on’ 24 hours a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What age can I leave BabyShark upstairs in her crib? Me and MrShark like to watch tv on an evening and we are disturbing her (plus I have a mega weak bladder and get up 271761 times before actually going to bed to have a wee or get a drink because breastfeeding thirst).
I saw something on a group that said BabyShark is in ‘the most common age to pass away from sids’ so now I don’t want to leave her but the poor thing can’t sleep because we disturb her so much. She’s nearly 4 months, wasn’t prem and was a good birth weight. She’s about 14lb now I think.

Reactions: 1

Just sat on my bed having a little cry. Not sure why but I just feel sad today. I’m so tired and burned out, I woke up this morning thinking how much I’d love to just have a day off - I wish I had someone close by I could leave her with for a few hours so I could get some headspace. She’s pretty chill compared to a lot of babies but I just need to switch my brain off for a bit.I don’t think I was prepared for how exhausting it is just constantly being ‘on’ 24 hours a day.
Sorry to hear you’re feeling down 😔 No advice but solidarity. I feel like it just gets harder as they get older, the constant noise and doing things (and feeling guilty if you’re not doing something fun and exciting 24/7). It’s so different to when they’re newborn and you spend the majority of the time just cuddling them while they sleep!

What age can I leave BabyShark upstairs in her crib? Me and MrShark like to watch tv on an evening and we are disturbing her (plus I have a mega weak bladder and get up 271761 times before actually going to bed to have a wee or get a drink because breastfeeding thirst).
I saw something on a group that said BabyShark is in ‘the most common age to pass away from sids’ so now I don’t want to leave her but the poor thing can’t sleep because we disturb her so much. She’s nearly 4 months, wasn’t prem and was a good birth weight. She’s about 14lb now I think.
I’m pretty sure we put baby G to bed upstairs at around 4 months (why does it feel so long ago and why does my brain not remember past last month 😅). Same as you, she used to fall asleep on me but the tv would disturb her, or we’d disturb her talking or getting up and down from the sofa. We used to put her up to bed at about 8/9ish, put the monitor on then just have the last few hours downstairs on our own. I’d go up and check on her regularly but most of the time she’d sleep through.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

This is the most difficult thing of being a mom/having a baby in my opinion. You just can't prepare for that.
Kitten is also a pretty chill and sweet baby, but even so it can feel so draining having to care for a little human all the time.
But you are doing great! Don't forget to take care of yourself ❤
Wish we all lived closer so we could help eachother out.

Reactions: 6
Sorry to hear you’re feeling down 😔 No advice but solidarity. I feel like it just gets harder as they get older, the constant noise and doing things (and feeling guilty if you’re not doing something fun and exciting 24/7). It’s so different to when they’re newborn and you spend the majority of the time just cuddling them while they sleep!

I’m pretty sure we put baby G to bed upstairs at around 4 months (why does it feel so long ago and why does my brain not remember past last month 😅). Same as you, she used to fall asleep on me but the tv would disturb her, or we’d disturb her talking or getting up and down from the sofa. We used to put her up to bed at about 8/9ish, put the monitor on then just have the last few hours downstairs on our own. I’d go up and check on her regularly but most of the time she’d sleep through.
We did this exact same thing when my toddler was around 4 months old. She got to a stage when she’d fall asleep but be woken up by the TV or us and then have a complete melt down and cry for ages, putting her up to bed revolutionised ours and her life 😂

Reactions: 3
Happy to report the birthday party went ahead! We did not get sick although I do have a sore throat and tickly chest. Baby is still vomiting though (which makes it 9 days of puking most feeds) but on Friday it was 7 times and today only 3 so some improvement. On our third dr visit on Friday they said if she didn’t stop vomming completely over the weekend they would see her Monday as she might need some ‘help’…not sure what that entails. But still not well enough for nursery I’m wondering if she will ever go back🙈 we have also been told to wean off the omeprazole as they suspect that is the cause of her not being able to fight off the bug, and why her stomach is so inflamed. God help us.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

It’s so exhausting isn’t it. Totally know how you feel, just a tiny bit of me time feels like such a luxury. It does get easier and you do begin to get more of your own time back when they get a bit older.

Ah thank you I feel less guilty now! She goes down at 6.30/7pm but goes down in her crib, so me and MrShark feel confined to the bedroom 😂
I’ll give her a try on her own tonight and see how she goes. I’ll keep checking her as well 😀

I've given up and have learnt to embrace it! It's just hard isn't it when everyone on your baby due fb group is saying how their baby has slept 12 hours a night since day 1 😂😂😂
I think they are lying to you! Babies at that age aren’t supposed to go that long without a feed. I call bs on those people lol

Reactions: 9
We are on week 11 and he still wakes every 2 (very occasionally) 3 hours for milk, send help 🙃 I've tried everything!
Sorry to say this but mine still wakes to feed every 1.5/2 hours at nearly 9 months 🙈 someone needs to have words with these babies!

Reactions: 4
I hate nursery. It’s just caused the most amount of crying ever this week. She won’t settle I feel so guilty. I wish I could afford to quit 😭
I know it takes time to
Settle in and she is always ok there she just takes it out on me and I hate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I hate nursery. It’s just caused the most amount of crying ever this week. She won’t settle I feel so guilty. I wish I could afford to quit 😭
I know it takes time to
It’s so hard isn’t it, she’s still in transition so hopefully in time she’ll settle in and her naps et. will align and she’ll be more content with what to expect.. I hate it too and we haven’t even started yet (Thursdays her first day, I have to hand her over at the door I’m not even allowed to her peg)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We are on week 11 and he still wakes every 2 (very occasionally) 3 hours for milk, send help 🙃 I've tried everything!
As others have said it’s 100% normal! 16 months almost and still at it 🙄
If it helps, think of it as partly a primal defence mechanism - cave babies needed to wake frequently to ensure they were safe and not being attacked by a mountain lion (or a mammoth or whatever it was 🤣).

I know it takes time to
It’s been a hard week for you guys with so much adjustment to your new routine after she’s been comfy in her normal for so long. She will get there, and you have given her so much love and patience through this time of change that it will help ease her transition greatly ❤

Reactions: 2
It’s so hard isn’t it, she’s still in transition so hopefully in time she’ll settle in and her naps et. will align and she’ll be more content with what to expect.. I hate it too and we haven’t even started yet (Thursdays her first day, I have to hand her over at the door I’m not even allowed to her peg)
Aww ☹ I hope Thursday goes well for you both. Sorry I’m not filling you with positivity. She is fine when she’s there she’s just stressy at home bless her. It’s new to every one x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Officially the advise is to be in the room with then for all sleep until they are 6 months old. But I think that's wildly unrealistic, we started leaving the room when baby was about 11 weeks (overdue, quite a big baby, no known health issues) and just kept the monitor on and went and checked on him regularly. We did the same with our daughter.

It's whatever you feel comfortable with really but just know you're not alone in wanting a bit of an evening!

• Heart

❤ As others say, I think this is something many mums struggle with. The fact your every second is taken over by someone else is very, very difficult. And I think it is absolutely normal to not feel ok with that, and to feel frustrated and even resentful at times. X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.