New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone of my teacher friends on here wants a good read go check out the unpopular opinions thread 🤣 teacher bashing central over there 😬🫣
I had to stop reading that thread after some of the views on working mums, just checked in and good lord 😬😬 unsure why anyone would think teachers are overpaid 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
It’s my 30th tomorrow and in typical fashion I’ve just started my first proper period since having Tommy, FML 🤣😭💀

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
If anyone of my teacher friends on here wants a good read go check out the unpopular opinions thread 🤣 teacher bashing central over there 😬🫣
Fellow teacher over here! Read a few posts and it’s given me so much rage 😂

• Heart
It was a joke but clearly you aren’t in the mood so I’ll leave you to your rage.
That’s everyone’s go-to comment about that thread. Nothing wrong with a bit of debate about some opinions😃 even better if they wind people up. 10/10 entertainment except when it’s my feelings they get hurt obv 🤣
I apologise @jackolantern 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I may go on there and leave my classic quote for the job ‘you can’t care more than the parents do’ (I mean with homework or progression not safeguarding) that’ll really rile them up 😂

Reactions: 3
Fellow teacher over here! Read a few posts and it’s given me so much rage 😂
I’m a teacher, as is my husband, so I would not be able to take it! Not even going to look!!!

I had to stop reading that thread after some of the views on working mums, just checked in and good lord 😬😬 unsure why anyone would think teachers are overpaid 🤷🏼‍♀️
I wish we were overpaid!!!

Just went over to start reading and I couldn’t get past a few pages. I could feel the rage building. Was so tempted to reply but I CBA getting into an argument with those people. People who think all teachers are overpaid, get too much holiday and do naff all won’t ever change their opinions (and it’s often their kids who are the worst behaved- funny that)
So true!! It’s people who aren’t very bright/ probably were bad at school themselves who think this about teachers IMO!

I let the baby have nappy free time after dinner. He did a tit. He did a tit on the carpet🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Baby’s slept so much today compared to normal I don’t know if I should be worried? He slept 9-5 last night, had a nap at 6-7:30, a nap at 10-11 and he’s now been asleep since about 3:45ish and is still sleeping. He’s usually a cat napper never going more than 30 minutes.

When he has been awake hes been quite whingy.

Can they sleep more at 4 months rather than less?

Reactions: 1
Baby’s slept so much today compared to normal I don’t know if I should be worried? He slept 9-5 last night, had a nap at 6-7:30, a nap at 10-11 and he’s now been asleep since about 3:45ish and is still sleeping. He’s usually a cat napper never going more than 30 minutes.

Wanna trade babies? I'll throw in a Polish axe? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Could it be the heat? 😊

I've found sometimes they do just tend to sleep a bit. Especially when having a growth spurt.
As long as he's fine when he's awake and not lethargic or anything, he's probably fine 😊

Just thought I'd let you all know, if you don't hear from me, my MP has killed me.

With the help of twins Trust, I sent a really long complaint letter to my LA & my MP, like really long and really intelligent sounding ( doesnt sound like me at all😂) basically highlighting the fact our LA is not accessible to twins never mind a twin with additional needs, and the failures and dangers they are placing my child in.
My name will be mud by the end of the week, he'll defo have me taken out 😂😂 ☠💀☠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks everyone for your nappy and feeding tips.

Having a bit of a rubbish day today. Took baby o out to this ‘play in the park’ event that the childrens centre were advertising. I did text a few of the mums from baby group but they were busy, but I figured it’s only a little park I’ll just go on my own.

Yeah it was like a massive festival event with music blasting and loads of big kid activities like rock climbing etc..sounds silly but I just felt really overwhelmed and anxious and I felt so silly being on my own. The childrens centre had a tent with some sensory bits for babies but it was packed so I just awkwardly went off and sat under a tree and tried to calm down.

One of the staff from the centre recognised me and came over and she helped me find a spot in the tent for baby to play. Only stayed half an hour as it was so hot and I didn’t bring any drinks and I didn’t have cash for the food van. But I did manage to feed baby o her lunch on the grass, which I’ve never done before - I only give her solids at home.

Anyway, came home and got a call to say I didn’t get the job I interviewed for on Monday. Gutted as it was my dream job and now I’m faced with the reality of going back to my current job.

Sirry, just needed somewhere to offload

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Just thought I'd let you all know, if you don't hear from me, my MP has killed me.

With the help of twins Trust, I sent a really long complaint letter to my LA & my MP, like really long and really intelligent sounding ( doesnt sound like me at all😂) basically highlighting the fact our LA is not accessible to twins never mind a twin with additional needs, and the failures and dangers they are placing my child in.
My name will be mud by the end of the week, he'll defo have me taken out 😂😂 ☠💀☠

good for you!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.