New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Halloween dancing vegetables are absolutely a bit of me. Put them on for myself never mind bub. 🎃

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah she might have but she said it should be logged. I’m hoping they’ve just fucked up and she really didn’t just survive off a rice cake all day!!
Fingers crossed it was just an error! And if she didn’t eat lunch I’d hope they’d try again later if she hadn’t eaten/drink all morning?

Reactions: 1
I seem to be in some sort of battle of the wills with the baby 😩
He started biting when he feeds and he's now got six teeth 😖😭 so all day yesterday he has not fed. I had to pump and I offered it to him in a beaker but he refused it.
I tell him no and put him on the floor when he bites, and he's just not arsed! Like "okay whatevs, I won't have milk then" So we are now on day two of no feeds...I really don't want mastitis again.
Is this it? Is this how he weans?! What do I do? Do I keep pumping??

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@sodit hope you’re okay, how is the biting? Have you manage to find any tips that somewhat worked? I love breastfeeding and dreading the teeth coming! 😬

I seem to be in some sort of battle of the wills with the baby 😩
He started biting when he feeds and he's now got six teeth 😖😭 so all day yesterday he has not fed. I had to pump and I offered it to him in a beaker but he refused it.
I tell him no and put him on the floor when he bites, and he's just not arsed! Like "okay whatevs, I won't have milk then" So we are now on day two of no feeds...I really don't want mastitis again.
Is this it? Is this how he weans?! What do I do? Do I keep pumping??
That sounds pretty awful 😩 it could just be a nursing strike - maybe if his mouth is sore that’s why he’s biting and he doesn’t want to suck either. Keep offering as much as possible, and definitely keep pumping if he won’t take it to ensure you don’t end up with mastitis. How old is he now?

@bottombanana I don’t know if you mentioned and I missed it, but how did little banana’s operation go?

@Sailorontheseasea haven’t seen you much, hope all is ok with you and your tribe xx

Ok so she had 4oz at 10am even though she usually has an afternoon bottle (I did say this) and then a little bit of broccoli purée but no pudding as she went to sleep. They said today they’ll stick to her routine better and offer a bottle this afternoon.
She also hit her face this morning on a toy and hurt her cheek ☹ I’m literally ready to quit work and get my baby back home. It’s horrible.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Yeah she might have but she said it should be logged. I’m hoping they’ve just fucked up and she really didn’t just survive off a rice cake all day!!
I remember when my first was a baby at nursery sometimes there would be whole days missing in her logs, i would allways ask if she'd been fed had her bottles ect and she allways had, the girls were busy with the babies (baby rooms in nurserys are chaotic aren't they? 😅 gives me a headache lol) and sometimes wouldn't manage to fill logs in and things. Hopefully thats the case with yours too

ETA just seen your update! Its really hard when they first go isn't it 😔 i found after a few weeks they get used to routines and what she likes doesn't like etc and it gets easier

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Bent down in the Tesco queue to speak to baby Waka who kindly kicked me on the side of the face with her trainers on and made my hair go all messy. Not embarrassing at all 🫠🤣🙃🙃

I remember when my first was a baby at nursery sometimes there would be whole days missing in her logs, i would allways ask if she'd been fed had her bottles ect and she allways had, the girls were busy with the babies (baby rooms in nurserys are chaotic aren't they? 😅 gives me a headache lol) and sometimes wouldn't manage to fill logs in and things. Hopefully thats the case with yours too
I’m dreading nursery as they don’t do logs or have an online portal of photos/evidence. Parents have complained that everyone gets the same feedback at the door, I’d you ask what they ate they ask you to look at the menu online 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bent down in the Tesco queue to speak to baby Waka who kindly kicked me on the side of the face with her trainers on and made my hair go all messy. Not embarrassing at all 🫠🤣🙃🙃

I’m dreading nursery as they don’t do logs or have an online portal of photos/evidence. Parents have complained that everyone gets the same feedback at the door, I’d you ask what they ate they ask you to look at the menu online 😩

Oh no id hate no updates at all!! I love to see pictures and see what they are doing. Even my 5yo has daily updates and pictures from school!

Toddler Runner was just one of those babies who hated being a baby. Screamed constantly, couldn’t put her down, never slept, hated the pram and the car… the CO discovered she had some issue with her shoulder and literally we had one appointment and the journey home was the first time she ever went into the car without screaming her head off. She actually stayed quiet the whole journey. Which was quite something as she didn’t go til she was about 8/9 months. For context, she also had allergies that took a long time to get a handle on so it didn’t solve all her problems but helped the specific car/pram shoulder problem. Her sleep improved slightly (in that she went from waking half hourly to maybe two hourly sometimes) but not significantly
Baby Runner also showed signs of being a miserable baby so I booked her in very early because it had been so good for toddler runner. So I think we went at about a month old. We’d also discovered Baby Runner had allergies so had sorted that out earlier this time. Baby Runner had an overactive tongue thrust reflex which made breastfeeding quite tricky so the CO spent a lot of time on that. We had three or four appointments and I didn’t really do anything so we stopped going
I have with both my boys. My eldest son cried non stop, had mild torticollis, was just a general nightmare to be honest. The CO was a miracle worker, he was so much more settled afterwards (only cried 75% of the time instead of 95%). With my youngest son I didn’t see any difference at all.

This is a real cliche, but It does get easier. The first few days are pretty rough, I always found, but after a while it becomes normal and not so bad to leave them. ❤
Thank you so much both for your feedback, experiences and advice - think we will book in as I’m pretty willing to try anything at this point!!!

I took my daughter last week. We’ve got another app booked for next week. From the minute she’s been born she’s been very unsettled, hours upon hours of crying, awake all day. No colief or infacol or anything worked, gp thinks there’s nothing medically wrong with her. For us it definitely wasn’t a miracle worker. The CO said she had tightness in her neck that she released, but it didn’t make a huge amount of difference, but we’d booked the next app so we can say we have it a good go and to see if anything changed or if she had anymore tightening.

However I am glad I tried it. We paid slight less than 59, we were around 47 pound I think x
Yes I have a lot of crying too. Thanks for your view on the CO - think I’m going to go for it, as you says, just so I can say I gave it a go and I’ve tried everything I can!! Hope you see improvement with your little girl ❤

• Heart
Oh no id hate no updates at all!! I love to see pictures and see what they are doing. Even my 5yo has daily updates and pictures from school!
I know, I’m in the mums whatsapp group already and everyone has asked them but they just say they prioritise the children, you’re not even allowed in the building you hand them over at the door. They good in their ofsted a couple of weeks ago too 🤷🏼‍♀️ The only saving grace is all the children are happy and my niece who goes there loves it so much

Ok so she had 4oz at 10am even though she usually has an afternoon bottle (I did say this) and then a little bit of broccoli purée but no pudding as she went to sleep. They said today they’ll stick to her routine better and offer a bottle this afternoon.
She also hit her face this morning on a toy and hurt her cheek ☹ I’m literally ready to quit work and get my baby back home. It’s horrible.
It feels horrible because you’re not there but she’s probably having a lovely time and just not eating because she’s too busy playing. It takes kids quite a while to settle in and eat as normal at nursery I think. Try not to worry too much

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It feels horrible because you’re not there but she’s probably having a lovely time and just not eating because she’s too busy playing. It takes kids quite a while to settle in and eat as normal at nursery I think. Try not to worry too much
Thanks, she not even eaten her yoghurt today bless her and she always eats pudding 😂

yeah ours don’t seem to do a log either! They do send photos but I haven’t had any unless I’ve specifically asked for them. Baby b has just had her third settling in session and if anything she’s even less settled than ever 🫣 they also fed her meat when we don’t eat it at home (very apologetic but still!)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
It will probably seem like she's constantly hurting herself whilst there but they have to log/tell you everything like that, even the slightest little knock. Where as when they're at home, you don't think much of it.
So it isn't as bad as it seems.
Although it sounds it when you're not there and just getting that information.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've hit a new low. Tommy was lying face down on my chest and vomited all over my neck, I mean bad enough in itself right? Well let me tell you I panicked because these days I have more chins than is socially decent to count and my neck rolls could rival that of Ursula. So, I knew gravity wasn't my friend here and I was about to have some serious sick roll storage. I was frantically trying to find his bib for moppage, while condensing my rolls like an accordian and FOR SOME INSANE REASON I held the vomit overlord above my head. Turns out the movement and stomach pressure meant my ordeal wasn't quite over. Did he vomit on my face you ask? No.

He
vomited
in
my
MOUTH.

So naturally, I heaved and projectiled it back out of my mouth, so now not only do I have sick in my neck. I have twice brewed sick.

Tommy, you have out Tommy'd yourself son. 😭 :sick: 😖 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29

Do they not even do paper logs?
When I used to work in the nursery (pre phones/iPads) all our babies had their own books, which we wrote down what they ate/their nappies/what they drank and what we done during they day
Yes, it was repetitive, and most of the parents got the same feedback, as we done the same things with them all.
When I worked in the smaller nursery, all our babies settled in so well (we had 1 that cried all day) and fell into a routine really quickly
There were obviously accidents and we did have a couple of biters, but all the kids were loved, so much by us all. I’m sure I said before, but I ended up nannying for a couple of them, and I still talk to a couple of the mums now, and I left there in 2008!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Do they not even do paper logs?
When I used to work in the nursery (pre phones/iPads) all our babies had their own books, which we wrote down what they ate/their nappies/what they drank and what we done during they day
Yes, it was repetitive, and most of the parents got the same feedback, as we done the same things with them all.
When I worked in the smaller nursery, all our babies settled in so well (we had 1 that cried all day) and fell into a routine really quickly
There were obviously accidents and we did have a couple of biters, but all the kids were loved, so much by us all. I’m sure I said before, but I ended up nannying for a couple of them, and I still talk to a couple of the mums now, and I left there in 2008!!
Nope 🙃 it’s the only one that opens early enough for me to be at work by 8 so my options are limited. She’s on a waiting list for another one but it opens at 8 so don’t know what I’ll do if I even get a place

I've hit a new low. Tommy was lying face down on my chest and vomited all over my neck, I mean bad enough in itself right? Well let me tell you I panicked because these days I have more chins than is socially decent to count and my neck rolls could rival that of Ursula. So, I knew gravity wasn't my friend here and I was about to have some serious sick roll storage. I was frantically trying to find his bib for moppage, while condensing my rolls like an accordian and FOR SOME INSANE REASON I held the vomit overlord above my head. Turns out the movement and stomach pressure meant my ordeal wasn't quite over. Did he vomit on my face you ask? No.

He
vomited
in
my
MOUTH.

So naturally, I heaved and projectiled it back out of my mouth, so now not only do I have sick in my neck. I have twice brewed sick.

Tommy, you have out Tommy'd yourself son. 😭 :sick: 😖 :ROFLMAO:
I am shaking with laughter here trying not to wake Baby Author who is contact napping on me 😂 This is so horrendous and hilarious at the same time! Sounds like it’s time for a joint shower for you both 🤣

• Haha
Hi all my little one has her 8 week jabs tomorrow, do I give her calpol before or immediately after? X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.