New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My cat must think she’s a dog, she will go & lie right next to the baby. She’s really good and just lightly touches the cat ( which is amazing for a 1yo) babies face just lights up when she sees the cat & she crawls at lightning speed towards the cat flap when she hears it 🥰.
Erm can I hire baby cj to give baby waka classes on how to be gentle to animals as she corners the cat then hits the air right in front of him multiple times a day 🫠🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I finally go back to work after my maternity leave tomorrow. Iv shed a few tears tonight tucking my little one into bed. I can't imagine how I will feel not being around him 24/7, he's become my best friend.
So some words of wisdom to all you wonderful new mums is that time is so precious. I know we all say it and get told it, but it really is. One moment you are pregnant , the next they're here and your life changes....but it all goes so fast. Iv enjoyed every single second of being at home with my little boy, I will always treasure it and I know im so lucky to have been able to take maternity leave.
So to all you mums who work, are on maternity leave or just amazing stay at homes mums (who do the hardest work imo) I just want to say enjoy your babies because time goes so fast.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Has anyone taken their baby to a cranial osteopath? My baby has colic and we’ve had almost 4 hours of crying and unsettled behaviour. I’m at my wits end and read an CO can help babies with colic or who are unsettled. However, it’s £59 to see one near me so I don’t want it to be a waste of money….

• Heart
Reactions: 1
ToddlerMe is obsessed with the dog. He gets his lead and tries to put it on (which is just whacKing the dog with the lead) and when we are walking him he cries until he can hold the lead. When we are at the caravan we have a cage for the dog, and ToddlerMe gets in the cage with the dog if you take your eyes off him for a second (just to say our dog isn’t crate trained, so he doesn’t have any special love for the crate, and he doesn’t seem to mind ToddlerMe getting in there, but we always take the beast out when we see it!) He also sits on his head, puts food in the dog’s mouth for him, tries to ride him like a horse (this is a big Labrador btw). He is a MENACE.
The poor dog puts up with so much from him without a complaint. He’s a saint.
Oh god 😅 I keep promising our poor dog (like he understands me) that things will be better when baby boy is bigger 😳 maybe when he's much bigger then 🤣
To be fair I think he will be loving life when baby is eating proper food 😅

• Haha
Has anyone taken their baby to a cranial osteopath? My baby has colic and we’ve had almost 4 hours of crying and unsettled behaviour. I’m at my wits end and read an CO can help babies with colic or who are unsettled. However, it’s £59 to see one near me so I don’t want it to be a waste of money….
So Toddler Runner saw one and it was like a miracle worker. But Baby Runner saw the same one and it made no difference 🤷🏼‍♀️ so I guess that’s a bit of a mixed review?

Got up to go to the toilet and disturbed Baby G who has been rolling around in her cot trying to get comfy since. I can’t sleep either so we’re both just awake occasionally looking at each other like 👀 in the dark

We have a family dog at my mum and dads, she’s an old girl now but she’s always been a bit nervous of kids - she just takes herself upstairs if they get too loud. But since Baby G has been here she’s been so curious and gentle, coming to look at her when we arrive and sitting next to me if Baby was crying when she was tiny. Now she’s more aware of her Baby is obsessed with her, constantly looking around for her when we’re at my mums and trying to grab her as she walks past 😂 It’s so lovely and makes me want to get a dog of our own - to which Mr G says “aren’t you stressed all the time as it is though” which is a fair point haha

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So Toddler Runner saw one and it was like a miracle worker. But Baby Runner saw the same one and it made no difference 🤷🏼‍♀️ so I guess that’s a bit of a mixed review?
Thanks so much for this! Interesting you had two different experiences. What did you go to them for? I might try and convince my husband to just go for it as i am a desperate woman who, at this stage, will try anything 😅

Tommy is obsessed with our dogs and knows how to pat them now without me having to his hands there so if they walk past, he grunts and whacks his hands out in front of him like TO THE HOUNDS PEASANT 🤣 The German Shepherd just about accepts it but luckily the Mastiff is a hoe and laps it up, even when Tommy decides to lick his head 💀😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A whole day on my own with 5yo and baby elf. 5yo had a massive 4 hour meltdown yesterday even though she had a great day at holiday club, shes doesn't appear to be in a great mood this morning so wish me luck. I might not make it through the day.

Baby elf loves our cats, we have the most baby friendly cat ever and she just lie there and takes a beating from him everyday purring away while I say "gently, dont pull, dont hit" on an endless loop 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks so much for this! Interesting you had two different experiences. What did you go to them for? I might try and convince my husband to just go for it as i am a desperate woman who, at this stage, will try anything 😅
Toddler Runner was just one of those babies who hated being a baby. Screamed constantly, couldn’t put her down, never slept, hated the pram and the car… the CO discovered she had some issue with her shoulder and literally we had one appointment and the journey home was the first time she ever went into the car without screaming her head off. She actually stayed quiet the whole journey. Which was quite something as she didn’t go til she was about 8/9 months. For context, she also had allergies that took a long time to get a handle on so it didn’t solve all her problems but helped the specific car/pram shoulder problem. Her sleep improved slightly (in that she went from waking half hourly to maybe two hourly sometimes) but not significantly
Baby Runner also showed signs of being a miserable baby so I booked her in very early because it had been so good for toddler runner. So I think we went at about a month old. We’d also discovered Baby Runner had allergies so had sorted that out earlier this time. Baby Runner had an overactive tongue thrust reflex which made breastfeeding quite tricky so the CO spent a lot of time on that. We had three or four appointments and I didn’t really do anything so we stopped going

Just opening my blinds expecting to see flying pigs and unicorns because I must be dreaming right now. Both babies slept 12 hours solid at the same time (no wake ups at all) for the first time ever and I slept for 9 hours. What the actual?? is this what it feels like to wake up well rested and refreshed and not need 5 espressos by 7am. Is this how I used to feel in the mornings pre babies? Is this a one off treat or do I now add “Infant sleep expert” to my insta bio ?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
On the dog talk we have a dog who tries to avoid the baby like the plague, he hasn’t been near him since we brought baby home. The baby kicked him once when he got too close. Bringing the baby home calmed the dog down so much though he used to be so hyperactive now he’s like an old man.
He has so many allergies, has to have specific allergen food and lives in the vets so I can’t wait for weaning and the dog to eat something off the floor and flare up

• Heart
Just opening my blinds expecting to see flying pigs and unicorns because I must be dreaming right now. Both babies slept 12 hours solid at the same time (no wake ups at all) for the first time ever and I slept for 9 hours. What the actual?? is this what it feels like to wake up well rested and refreshed and not need 5 espressos by 7am. Is this how I used to feel in the mornings pre babies? Is this a one off treat or do I now add “Infant sleep expert” to my insta bio ?
Obviously your now an infant sleep expert and your going to share your tips with your tattle friends, because we're all sick of being up at 1am🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Must be something in the air because baby boy who turned 3 months yesterday did exactly the same! Although I was awake at 1, 3 and 5 checking he was still breathing 🙃
Is this how they lull you into a false sense of security before the 4 month sleep regression?

• Wow
Well I checked to make sure she was fed lunch & a bottle but the woman who took her in wasn’t in yesterday but she’ll check! 😡

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I took my daughter last week. We’ve got another app booked for next week. From the minute she’s been born she’s been very unsettled, hours upon hours of crying, awake all day. No colief or infacol or anything worked, gp thinks there’s nothing medically wrong with her. For us it definitely wasn’t a miracle worker. The CO said she had tightness in her neck that she released, but it didn’t make a huge amount of difference, but we’d booked the next app so we can say we have it a good go and to see if anything changed or if she had anymore tightening.

However I am glad I tried it. We paid slight less than 59, we were around 47 pound I think x

I have with both my boys. My eldest son cried non stop, had mild torticollis, was just a general nightmare to be honest. The CO was a miracle worker, he was so much more settled afterwards (only cried 75% of the time instead of 95%). With my youngest son I didn’t see any difference at all.

I finally go back to work after my maternity leave tomorrow. Iv shed a few tears tonight tucking my little one into bed. I can't imagine how I will feel not being around him 24/7, he's become my best friend.
So some words of wisdom to all you wonderful new mums is that time is so precious. I know we all say it and get told it, but it really is. One moment you are pregnant , the next they're here and your life changes....but it all goes so fast. Iv enjoyed every single second of being at home with my little boy, I will always treasure it and I know im so lucky to have been able to take maternity leave.
So to all you mums who work, are on maternity leave or just amazing stay at homes mums (who do the hardest work imo) I just want to say enjoy your babies because time goes so fast.
This is a real cliche, but It does get easier. The first few days are pretty rough, I always found, but after a while it becomes normal and not so bad to leave them. ❤

Do you think they offered but she didn’t want it?
Usually it should still appear on the nursery app though? They just put what was offered and how much they eat. Hang on I’ll see if I can screenshot my nursery app and edit out identifying bits

Here’s an example of a meal when Toddler Runner didn’t eat it (she hates quiche). They should still log it and comment that she’s not eaten much?

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.