New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
4 kids is nothing when you have 3 already 👀 I’ve just spent the week with 5 kids and I’m fine 🤥😂
There was a little baby last night in the club house at the caravan park, and I DIDNT get broody. I think my time is up (even though we can’t have anymore ✂) I honestly am so over having babies, especially now baby b is at the delightful age of army crawling 🫠
Please don’t tell me things like it’s not that bad I’m a woman on the edge 🤣🤣 when I look after the kids I nanny for and my own kids all together in the holidays there’s 5 or 6 with the bebe and I end every day with a migraine so it seems mental to even be considering it but also I low key love when they’re all playing together and coming up with games and running around like headless chickens because I secretly love chaos even though it makes me SWEAT. Good to know there’s an end though, maybe I’ll just keep going until I can look at a baby in the eye and not get broody 😂 (kidding, not kidding) (mr sailor would definitely be having something to say about all of my thoughts 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
LittleBluebird is 1 month Sunday and I’m already broody! I LOVED being pregnant & I am loving love the NB stage. My pregnancy was an absolute breeze save for a few minor complications, like GD.

However we’ve agreed on 1 kid due to KWs job & my chronic insomnia + MH. He’s gone for 2+ months at a time and it’ll be a lot for me to work FT, deal with my mental health, & care for 2 kids alone.

I’m also 35 & had a c section and OB said wait 2 years.

We’ll see how I feel then, but right now— wouldn’t be angry if I got pregnant again.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can confirm without a shadow of a doubt, I'd rather have a daily enema in the middle of Tesco's than be pregnant again :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Day 7 of whatever viral bug baby pain has and there is literally no sign of improvement. Still vomiting almost every feed and in between as well! Been to the drs twice and just been told to ride it out but not sure how much longer I can cope, nearly had a breakdown last night. My OH puked last night but seems a bit better today, I’ve got a sore throat but no puking but my 3yo this morning said she felt a bit unwell but wasn’t sure in what way, was happy in herself though so I’m hoping she doesn’t get sick as it’s her birthday party on Sunday and if she is sick I’ll have to cancel and I’ve spent so much time and money organising it! I never expected a vomiting bug to last this long 😢 I am wondering if it’s because she is on omeprazole as I read that can affect the immune system especially for tummy bugs.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
@Sailorontheseasea as someone who has 4, I can honestly say it isn’t that much different to having three, IMO, and ToddlerMe is by far the hardest work (as a toddler, 6Me was a horrendous baby) out of all we’ve had, but even he hasn’t put me off wanting more! But no more here either, sadly.
Also, I’ve got to say that I do find it hard to be in every head space I need to be. It’s hard to be working at 9 yr old level with the emotions and issues going on there, and also working at 1 yr old level, jumping between the two (and 3 and 6 in the middle!) is the biggest challenge I’m facing. Trying to manage my own parenting strategies across the range we currently have is enough to tell me 4 is enough for us.
But logistically speaking, no different than 2 or 3 I don’t think. Just kids and stuff everywhere, mounds of washing, never ending feeding 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
If I could just wave a magic wand and have another one I would, the whole pregnancy thing was a bit crap so I’d rather not do that again 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd happily have another pregnancy and another baby over and over again but then I think I'd have to send them to boarding school age 2.5 🤣🤣 I really think two toddlers is going to be my limit as one is currently stressing me to high heaven!

• Haha
  • Heart
I think I’d love another one, aside from horrendous morning sickness I liked being pregnant, but I’d like to guarantee that the next baby will sleep better 😂

Day 7 of whatever viral bug baby pain has and there is literally no sign of improvement. Still vomiting almost every feed and in between as well! Been to the drs twice and just been told to ride it out but not sure how much longer I can cope, nearly had a breakdown last night. My OH puked last night but seems a bit better today, I’ve got a sore throat but no puking but my 3yo this morning said she felt a bit unwell but wasn’t sure in what way, was happy in herself though so I’m hoping she doesn’t get sick as it’s her birthday party on Sunday and if she is sick I’ll have to cancel and I’ve spent so much time and money organising it! I never expected a vomiting bug to last this long 😢 I am wondering if it’s because she is on omeprazole as I read that can affect the immune system especially for tummy bugs.
Christ, what a long horrible run of it 😖 - hope the 3yo stays clear and you can have the party, sounds like you all need it!

Reactions: 1
I think I’d like another one but I might wait til I’ve done toddlerdom again before deciding. Because I love the baby stage, age one is my favourite, two is fine… but age three is a whole new 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh, poor baby :( Hope it'll get better soon!
Does she have a fever?

Did the sugar test and also secretly tested in between myself 😁 My values seemed perfectly normal, so hoping it'll be fine! Will get the results next Friday 🤞

Also, Kitten is 40 weeks old today! I was induced on 40 weeks and Kitten was born on 40+1!
So grateful to have this little human in my life! My heart is so full when I look at her ❤🥺

I think I might want another, but I didn't really like pregnancy, nor the first few newborn weeks 😅

• Heart
I take back what I just said - there was a basket of clean folded laundry on top of the dirty laundry basket and the baby in the 2 seconds I left the room has knocked them both over and mixed it all in together. No more babies for LilyRose

• Haha
I am so desperately broody. I’m still so angry and upset about little lad’s newborn days going by in a blur of nicu and feeding issues, that I just want a chance to properly enjoy it. I know a new baby isn’t a do over, but knowing more now I know I’d be able to advocate for us better.
Mr SI is increasingly anxious about the finances though and thinks we shouldn’t have another. (Me, the one who actually does our finances, thinks we will make it work somehow).
Cycle isn’t back yet though so unlikely to need deciding on soon. And I need to gee myself up for another pregnancy, first and third tris I was so sick. Dunno how I will cope being alone with little lad and needing to feed him/do nappies 🤮🤮🤮 when Mr SI used to have to eat simple stuff like a sandwich in another room.

And on the Mr SI front - he’s gone back to work today after a month off 😭 he’s got two days off next week then that’s it until October half term, gutted. I was kinda looking forward to having him out from underfoot and getting a routine back, but no groups or anything are back to normal until September and mum is having an op soon and having a month off to recover, so there will be a requirement for me to pitch in there while she can’t drive.
Not feeling great today either, so was going to treat myself to the baby having an emergency Cheerio+blueberry low clean up breakfast but while I was in the shower Mr SI nipped down and cooked the baby a big breakfast as a back to work send off. He never does this? But he chose today? Then left before the eating and cleaning 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@Sailorontheseasea as someone who has 4, I can honestly say it isn’t that much different to having three, IMO, and ToddlerMe is by far the hardest work (as a toddler, 6Me was a horrendous baby) out of all we’ve had, but even he hasn’t put me off wanting more! But no more here either, sadly.
Also, I’ve got to say that I do find it hard to be in every head space I need to be. It’s hard to be working at 9 yr old level with the emotions and issues going on there, and also working at 1 yr old level, jumping between the two (and 3 and 6 in the middle!) is the biggest challenge I’m facing. Trying to manage my own parenting strategies across the range we currently have is enough to tell me 4 is enough for us.
But logistically speaking, no different than 2 or 3 I don’t think. Just kids and stuff everywhere, mounds of washing, never ending feeding 🤷🏻‍♀️
This is definitely my biggest thing, sometimes I worry (a lot) I’m not emotionally meeting their needs/spreading myself too thin having 3 very little kiddos. Middle sailor has some BIG emotions and sounds a lot like ToddlerMe, add that to his ongoing health needs and I feel like he gets the worst side of me whereas the other 2 get the cutie baby voice me and the 4 year old gets to do all the cool things for the first time so we have some good fun. I think I’ll definitely wait a tiny while if we did have anymore, I’d have 100 babies/children if I could but the reality is a lot isn’t it emotionally! Thank you for talking sense into me in my 5 minutes of madness 🤪

I do often wonder how huuuuuge families cope, surely at some point the kids just look after themselves?!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.