New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I've mentioned it before, if you have an Alexa enable the ambient sounds skill, it has pink noise, white noise, brown noise, I want to say black noise but I'll need to confirm that with Mr TY. Rainforests, hoovers (which twin 2 absolutely despises and will scream the house down) storms you name it ambient sounds will deliver😂

Reactions: 4
No advice but solidarity. I did find that the tommee tippee pink sound machine (with a red light which we don't use) is quite good for settling her if she wakes briefly.

Its brutal when they don't sleep. I can't remember if you tried getting her to sleep in the car? Is that an option for you? One of the only things that worms for Hannah when she's overtired. Currently been sitting on my driveway for the last hour while she sleeps 🙃

Those of you with older kids.....what age would you say is the best? I hated newborn phase and this starting to toddle about phase is much more fun 🤣.....I'm just praying it lasts 🤣
I have quite enjoy the toddler stage tbh.
I hate the newborn phase 😂
When they just start to communicate but also do hilarious things 😂
Anything above that really when they become more independent and can communicate.

• Heart
KW swanned off on an impromptu afternoon at the pub so I'm left here with both kids. Baby elf has refused to nap since 11 so he is MISERABLE. Trying to sort out some food for the 5yo one handed as he won't let me put him down. 5yo demanding all sorts, everytime I come out the kitchen shes asking for a drink, some sauce or whatever and I'm straight back in. Baby elf has definitely eaten cat food today 🤷🏼‍♀️ everytime I blink hes at the bloody bowl! Now attempting to run a bath for the kids with a screaming overtired baby hanging off me.

KW just messaged to say hes "having a blinder" so staying out 🤬 I'm mean ffs I haven't seen anybody accept my kids for months but okay mate carry on drink up get another round in dont worry about me

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
You know what really fucks me off, family and friends who were so insistent on meeting baby as soon as she was born. Wanted to come round as soon as we were home. Met her once and then not even mentioned it again. Always busy or have something better to do when I try to arrange something 🤷‍♀️

I actually think that annoys me more than people who didn’t even bother to come. I’m giving up with people now
Yep I’ve been quite disappointed in a couple of friends. They came to visit when they were born got “the photo” holding both babies for the gram and never bothered to visit again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
KW swanned off on an impromptu afternoon at the pub so I'm left here with both kids. Baby elf has refused to nap since 11 so he is MISERABLE. Trying to sort out some food for the 5yo one handed as he won't let me put him down. 5yo demanding all sorts, everytime I come out the kitchen shes asking for a drink, some sauce or whatever and I'm straight back in. Baby elf has definitely eaten cat food today 🤷🏼‍♀️ everytime I blink hes at the bloody bowl! Now attempting to run a bath for the kids with a screaming overtired baby hanging off me.

KW just messaged to say hes "having a blinder" so staying out 🤬 I'm mean ffs I haven't seen anybody accept my kids for months but okay mate carry on drink up get another round in dont worry about me
As if he messaged to say he's having a blinder?! Utter get-in-the-bin territory!

Reactions: 9

He can get in the bin

Reactions: 3
@Chickenandgravy i think it was you who’s baby has suddenly gone off breakfast isn’t it?! Just saw this and thought of you, mentions they’re growth slows down after 1 and their bodies aren’t needing the same amount of nutrition

Reactions: 2

Could you still find someone to change the locks while he's out? What a prick...
Don't let hime try to get you to take 5 yo swimming.
In Dutch we say "wie zijn gat verbrandt, moet op de blaren zitten", which translates to "if you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters".

Don't know if MrCat is one of the lurking KW's, but he has booked us a surprise tomorrow, with Kitten, and told me he needs to go out tomorrow morning for... reasons... (Insinuating he'll go out to buy gifts). So that's pretty nice 😄

I just went to visit my 1 week old nephew and he's soooo adorable! He's a big boy, 56 cm at birth, but compared to Kitten he is SO smoll 🥺 I'm feeling so broody now! 😆 Although I still don't want to think of having another one before Kitten is at least a bit more independent 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Could you still find someone to change the locks while he's out? What a prick...
In Dutch we say "wie zijn gat verbrandt, moet op de blaren zitten", which translates to "if you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters".

Don't know if MrCat is one of the lurking KW's, but he has booked us a surprise tomorrow, with Kitten, and told me he needs to go out tomorrow morning for... reasons... (Insinuating he'll go out to buy gifts). So that's pretty nice 😄

I just went to visit my 1 week old nephew and he's soooo adorable! He's a big boy, 56 cm at birth, but compared to Kitten he is SO smoll 🥺 I'm feeling so broody now! 😆 Although I still don't want to think of having another one before Kitten is at least a bit more independent 😅

Oh he'll be sitting right on his blisters tomorrow trust me 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh my goodness the baby has gone down for a nap ON HIS OWN twice today and once yesterday. The freedom for that period of time (45 mins to 2hr) is insane and I feel like a new woman for being able to get stuff done/have a quick nap/cup of tea without it going cold 🙏🏻 . I sat beside him for a while and just enjoyed the quiet 😂. I am fully aware that I’ve probably jinxed it now and it’ll change as quickly as tomorrow but I am taking a small win where I can get one 😋

THREAD TITLE 😃😃😃😃?!!??!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Oh my goodness the baby has gone down for a nap ON HIS OWN twice today and once yesterday. The freedom for that period of time (45 mins to 2hr) is insane and I feel like a new woman for being able to get stuff done/have a quick nap/cup of tea without it going cold 🙏🏻 . I sat beside him for a while and just enjoyed the quiet 😂. I am fully aware that I’ve probably jinxed it now and it’ll change as quickly as tomorrow but I am taking a small win where I can get one 😋

THREAD TITLE 😃😃😃😃?!!??!
Ah living the dream! My first was a good napper until about 5-6 months but this kid will not nap unless he is on you, I can't get anything done.
Hope the naps continue for you!

I've had such a good day - the toddler was amazing at her first ever haircut, then she went to the grandparents for the afternoon so for the first time all week I didn't have both kids, just the baby and it honestly felt like a holiday, I even managed to get some gardening done while he sat in his bouncer!
Toddler has come home in a great mood and eaten loads of dinner so everyone is happy... Now just for the bedtime battles and I might even get to enjoy a glass of wine with MrPower but that might be a dream too far 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8

The bin is too good for him, put him in a silage tank x

P.s. In the sun

• Haha
Reactions: 11
@Chickenandgravy i think it was you who’s baby has suddenly gone off breakfast isn’t it?! Just saw this and thought of you, mentions they’re growth slows down after 1 and their bodies aren’t needing the same amount of nutrition

Yes it was me, thanks! She's now got soooo fussy with every other meal so mealtimes are great fun just now aswell 🙃

• Heart
Yes it was me, thanks! She's now got soooo fussy with every other meal so mealtimes are great fun just now aswell 🙃
None of my kids have ever been interested in breakfast at all until about age 2.5. ToddlerMe is 15 months now, and doesn’t eat anything at all for breakfast, but it doesn’t seem to faze him at all (maybe the 40 gallons of boob he drinks overnight?!)
How is Louie doing?

Ah living the dream! My first was a good napper until about 5-6 months but this kid will not nap unless he is on you, I can't get anything done.
Hope the naps continue for you!

I've had such a good day - the toddler was amazing at her first ever haircut, then she went to the grandparents for the afternoon so for the first time all week I didn't have both kids, just the baby and it honestly felt like a holiday, I even managed to get some gardening done while he sat in his bouncer!
Toddler has come home in a great mood and eaten loads of dinner so everyone is happy... Now just for the bedtime battles and I might even get to enjoy a glass of wine with MrPower but that might be a dream too far 😂
🥳🥳 I am all about celebrating the good days!! Love a day like that when you just feel it’s all gone smoothly. Get that glass of wine at the ready!

I agree he is for the bin, what a shambles.

• Haha
Once again, these two are perfectly in sync. We’ve got a fussy eater too now, just picks at each meal whereas last week she’d eat anythjng

Reactions: 1
Hi All, after some advice please. I’m keen to explore eco-friendly options for nappies when my little one arrives. I’m not sure I’ll go down the reusable route - at least not straight away - but I’m keen on biodegradable options. I just don’t feel right about the mountain of landfill waste created by nappies, wipes etc.

Do any of you have any recommended brands or good deals you know of? I’ve found some articles online and there seems to be a wide choice and some wild prices! We’re not rolling in it so trying to be budget friendly as much as possible. Thanks!

• Heart
None of my kids have ever been interested in breakfast at all until about age 2.5. ToddlerMe is 15 months now, and doesn’t eat anything at all for breakfast, but it doesn’t seem to faze him at all (maybe the 40 gallons of boob he drinks overnight?!)
How is Louie doing?
gallons of boob 🤣🤣

I said to mr B tonight, I don’t think baby B would care if I didn’t feed her any food at all 😫 she eats two bites of each meal then the rest goes on the floor! Wish we had a dog so I wasn’t constantly scraping Weetabix off the floor

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.