New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i do not understand your energy system, people. We get a bill for what we use, and that’s it.
I think it was initially to try and be helpful - instead of having small bills in summer and ridiculous ones in winter, they try to use the data they have on you to estimate your annual usage and divide it by 12.
But, they cock it up beyond belief.

Our bills are a joke. We have solar panels, but we don't own them, we rent out our roof space to the company that does - means they own them, insure and maintain them and have to look after our roof. It means we can use power live as it's generated, but can't store any for future as all the excess has to go to the grid and the company who own them get paid the government feed in tariff. So it's autopilot now to stagger use of electrical appliances as much as we can - make a brew before turning on the washing machine etc.
When we first moved here we'd spend £20 a month in the summer (for gas and electric!) and now it's July and we're racking up £15 a week 🙁

We got new windows in May, so hoping the house is a bit warmer than last year, but it's still going to cost more 😭
I'm normally fine with a hot water bottle or electric blanket - I've got one for the bed (Mr SI hates it) and a throw kind for the sofa. But they aren't safe for using with a co-sleeping bub soooo that's another winter of them going unused.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
We've been having major milk intake issues with T2. To the point I've cried because I don't want to keep putting her through the trauma of a NG tube and the pump is soo annoying to set up, not to mention the fact the pair of them think it's a toy.
You have to distract her to get a bottle in her mouth atm and it can take up to 2 hours to get anything in her.
Anyway I found the issue, the teat was too slow. I forgot I used a fast flow for a dream feed, she's just downed the bottle in record time with no messing.
Why didn't I ever think of that🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Our bill has gone from £80 to £250, it’s absolutely insane and I don’t quite understand how they can justify it?! There’s only 3 of us but I guess we are at home allll the time. So looking forward to that plus £900 a month nursery fees…

Baby b had her first half day at nursery today and she let the nursery staff put her down for a nap and she just fell asleep in one of their cots 🤯🤯🤯

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Ladies, these stories of your electric bills are just crazy. Is is insane that any one of us, or anyone at all, should have to be considering whether they can afford to heat their house ❤

Our bill has gone from £80 to £250, it’s absolutely insane and I don’t quite understand how they can justify it?! There’s only 3 of us but I guess we are at home allll the time. So looking forward to that plus £900 a month nursery fees…

Baby b had her first half day at nursery today and she let the nursery staff put her down for a nap and she just fell asleep in one of their cots 🤯🤯🤯
Well done baby Biscuit!!! I’m sure that’s a weight off your mind, knowing she will settle well for a nap there

I’m about a million pages behind and only ever get the chance to like the supportive comments. But seeing @Babyyoda88 back I couldn’t keep scrolling without commenting. Everyone’s missed you. Xx

• Heart

Check your account and bills to see if you're actually using that much. You may find you're in credit each month!
They put ours up that much and we aren't using it at all. I have no idea where they got their calculations from considering it was supposed to be going up an average of 54% for each household. Which is about what we're using!

I’m holding out for a miracle tonight, we’ve got our cranial osteopath app tonight. She’s been unbearable today. She’s slept an hour max and cried all day

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have been to 4 different pharmacies today, do any have thrush treatment in stock? Do they heck.🤯

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
So the funeral was today.
Driving there, Kitten only slept for the last 10 minutes of the drive. Then when we arrived we put her Maxi-Cosi on the pram, but there was a very cold wind, so she immediately woke up 🙃
She didn't go back to sleep and in the beginning of the service she was pretty calm, but then she decided she had to make her presence known 😅 Luckily my parents were also there, so my mom took over and walked around with her. She still refused to sleep though and everytime she got quiet and my mom wanted to come back inside, she'd start screaming 😅
But afterwards, when everyone was talking in front of the church, she was so sweet and happy. MrCat took her in his arms and she smiled at everyone ❤
Then I gave her a bottle and my parents took Kitten home with them. She immediately fell asleep in their car and kept sleeping at their home too. So really happy she had a good nap. And we didn't have to worry about her when we went out for the ash scattering (is that the right term?) and the lunch.
My mom also sent me a ridiculous amount of pictures and video's ❤

We also visited MrCat's grandma, she didn't go to the funeral, she couldn't cope. She only lost her husband a few years ago and now her youngest son 😩😭

It was a beautiful service though. MrCat wrote and read the eulogy, it was heartbreaking...

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Me and MrShark had some child free time today. Older ones at holiday club, BabyShark with grandma.
We went car shopping and fell in love with one but then I had an anxiety attack which I don’t think anything specific triggered, and we left and picked BabyShark up. Weren’t even out an hour 😬
Now he’s in a mood because we didn’t reserve the car and is stomping about the house like a child. I just can’t 🤯🤯

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
So the funeral was today.
Driving there, Kitten only slept for the last 10 minutes of the drive. Then when we arrived we put her Maxi-Cosi on the pram, but there was a very cold wind, so she immediately woke up 🙃
She didn't go back to sleep and in the beginning of the service she was pretty calm, but then she decided she had to make her presence known 😅 Luckily my parents were also there, so my mom took over and walked around with her. She still refused to sleep though and everytime she got quiet and my mom wanted to come back inside, she'd start screaming 😅
But afterwards, when everyone was talking in front of the church, she was so sweet and happy. MrCat took her in his arms and she smiled at everyone ❤
Then I gave her a bottle and my parents took Kitten home with them. She immediately fell asleep in their car and kept sleeping at their home too. So really happy she had a good nap. And we didn't have to worry about her when we went out for the ash scattering (is that the right term?) and the lunch.
My mom also sent me a ridiculous amount of pictures and video's ❤

We also visited MrCat's grandma, she didn't go to the funeral, she couldn't cope. She only lost her husband a few years ago and now her youngest son 😩😭

It was a beautiful service though. MrCat wrote and read the eulogy, it was heartbreaking...
That is great that your mum was able to help you out with kitten, such a weight off your mind to allow you to grieve and be there for MrCat.
Sending lots of love to the Cat family xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So after baby's nursing strike on Tuesday, he feed fairly normally yesterday although last night was a shitshow and then today he's fed basically every hour 😵💫 not felt this drained since I had a stomach bug when he was 2 weeks old! Hope things settle down soon 🤞

• Heart

The sleeping at nursery thing is pure witchcraft I’m sure of it.

What is the point of a bloody Healyh Visitor if she’s just going to cancel the day before! 🤬

The sleeping at nursery thing is pure witchcraft I’m sure of it.

What is the point of a bloody Healyh Visitor if she’s just going to cancel the day before! 🤬
Baby cucumber normally only managed 45 minutes in total sleep at nursery from 9-5. At home he'll nap for 60-90 mins twice a day.

Frustrating about the HV. We've not heard anything about the 9-12 month check and he's 11 months tomorrow. A bit annoyed as I remembered I was supposed to get an additional visit re PND at 6-8 months and I didn't hear anything. I've been on so probably didn't need it, but how did they know that!!?

Baby cucumber normally only managed 45 minutes in total sleep at nursery from 9-5. At home he'll nap for 60-90 mins twice a day.

Frustrating about the HV. We've not heard anything about the 9-12 month check and he's 11 months tomorrow. A bit annoyed as I remembered I was supposed to get an additional visit re PND at 6-8 months and I didn't hear anything. I've been on so probably didn't need it, but how did they know that!!?
No check?! We had a letter in post asking us to call & book but shocking there was no PND follow up

No check?! We had a letter in post asking us to call & book but shocking there was no PND follow up
I had some extra support up until 3 months, then she said she'd check in again between 6-8 months but as I was returning to work she said she'd call nearer the time and never did.

Any recommendations for best suction bowl for a high chair? I’ve got a vital baby one “strongest ever” but it’s so complicated to lock and attach but easy for tiny fingers to lift it up and tip the food everywhere 🙃

Our HV was last here at the start of May, said she’d be back in a month, it’s now been nearly 3 and no word. Not that I miss her mind 🤣

• Wow
Hey everyone and yaaay baby yoda has returned! Does anyone have the stokke clikk high chair? I’m thinking of getting one? I was going to get the ikea one but I’ve used it while I’m out and I’m not massively into it and I know I’ll spend more pimping it out 🧐

Hey everyone and yaaay baby yoda has returned! Does anyone have the stokke clikk high chair? I’m thinking of getting one? I was going to get the ikea one but I’ve used it while I’m out and I’m not massively into it and I know I’ll spend more pimping it out 🧐

Honestly KW is really bleeping testing me atm. The last few days it feels like all he’s done is nitpick and complain at me. Everything I say, everything I do, or don’t do.

I said I was tired earlier (I literally had a nap on the sofa after baby o went to bed, I could barely function) and he scoffed at me like I was being ridiculous. He then made some comment about me talking during a film we were watching and now he’s rooting about downstairs looking for a spare bulb for the kitchen and he’s muttering about the state of the kitchen cupboards.

i do 99% of the stuff round the house AND I parent. Since baby o was born, our house has been relatively clean and tidy, he’s had dinner made most nights, clean clothes every week and his child is looked after. If he’s that bothered about the bleeping cupboards he’s welcome to do it himself or find somewhere else to live.

• Heart
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.