New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly KW is really bleeping testing me atm. The last few days it feels like all he’s done is nitpick and complain at me. Everything I say, everything I do, or don’t do.

I said I was tired earlier (I literally had a nap on the sofa after baby o went to bed, I could barely function) and he scoffed at me like I was being ridiculous. He then made some comment about me talking during a film we were watching and now he’s rooting about downstairs looking for a spare bulb for the kitchen and he’s muttering about the state of the kitchen cupboards.

i do 99% of the stuff round the house AND I parent. Since baby o was born, our house has been relatively clean and tidy, he’s had dinner made most nights, clean clothes every week and his child is looked after. If he’s that bothered about the bleeping cupboards he’s welcome to do it himself or find somewhere else to live.
Don’t do them. Mr Waka broke today and cleaned them himself. He was making ‘banter’ comments too about state of the cupboards and whatever else.. I said that’s why we’re in a partnership, I spend all of my time parenting and nurturing baby waka and luckily you’re here to pick up the slack of what I don’t have time for. They don’t get it

🙃🖕🏼

Reactions: 8
When do the rules on safe co sleeping etc end? 13 month old won’t settle in her bed so put her in mine and she’s wriggled around until she’s made herself a little den in the pillows and blankets, and now she’s spark out so I don’t want to move her 😬

Reactions: 1
So the update no one was waiting for…

No, the one singular nappy that Mr Runner packed was not enough to make it to Spain. Had to buy the most expensive nappies I’ve ever purchased in my life in the airport. I think I paid £11 for a tiny pack but needs must. However we’ve had a lovely time splashing about in the pool and tomorrow we’re off to the zoo. Toddler Runner is having a whale of a time. Baby Runner is oblivious to it all but quite likes splashing in the water. She’s less keen on the sun cream application though

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Been awake for two hours on and off crying I’ve given up I’m now wedged between the cot and the edge of the bed orange and mr annoyed have all the space did anyone else fold the top teeth so bad for night waking I’ve known her wake so many times or for this long

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Been awake for two hours on and off crying I’ve given up I’m now wedged between the cot and the edge of the bed orange and mr annoyed have all the space did anyone else fold the top teeth so bad for night waking I’ve known her wake so many times or for this long
Just had random screaming/crying too from 2am. Not even co sleeping calmed her have given some calpol and water and seems to have helped her 🥱

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My child won't go to sleep. 😭 I'm absolutely exhausted, KW is snoring away beside me. I've fed, winded, changed on endless repeat and he's still wide-eyed. Feel like I'm going insane. Even the dog is looking at me like enough is enough (he's my shadow and keeps me company during most night feeds haha).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My child won't go to sleep. 😭 I'm absolutely exhausted, KW is snoring away beside me. I've fed, winded, changed on endless repeat and he's still wide-eyed. Feel like I'm going insane. Even the dog is looking at me like enough is enough (he's my shadow and keeps me company during most night feeds haha).
Hope you have managed to get some sleep. My KW woke me up coming home from work at 3am and I’m still awake even though the baby is asleep. Can’t switch my brain off 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Apologies for sounding like an idiot considering this is my second cold, but my first didn't get her first cold until she was about 8 months old and even then it was just a runny nose for a few days.

Baby is almost 4 months old and has had a cough/cold since Sunday, his sister had it first. He's barely slept the past 3 nights, only if I sit up and hold him so I've basically not slept for all those nights. He's coughing a lot and it sounds wet but not productive, and he's very congested too. Is it worth calling the GP tomorrow or will they likely just tell me to carry on as I am? Poor little thing is so miserable and tired and it's breaking my heart.

• Heart
I wonder if it's possible to die from exhaustion?!

Hannah will go in her cot from 7-10 then ends up in my bed where she wakes up almost every hour, rolling about the bed and looking for milk, KW is nighstshift so he cant help. I don't even know how to break this cycle but I'm going back to work 4 days from next week and this just isn't going to be feasible 😫 don't know what the point in this post is but just feel at my wits end 😫

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Apologies for sounding like an idiot considering this is my second cold, but my first didn't get her first cold until she was about 8 months old and even then it was just a runny nose for a few days.

Baby is almost 4 months old and has had a cough/cold since Sunday, his sister had it first. He's barely slept the past 3 nights, only if I sit up and hold him so I've basically not slept for all those nights. He's coughing a lot and it sounds wet but not productive, and he's very congested too. Is it worth calling the GP tomorrow or will they likely just tell me to carry on as I am? Poor little thing is so miserable and tired and it's breaking my heart.
Definitely worth getting his chest listened too! Chances are it's viral but you just never know!
Hope it clears for you all soon.

• Heart

Hannah will go in her cot from 7-10 then ends up in my bed where she wakes up almost every hour, rolling about the bed and looking for milk, KW is nighstshift so he cant help. I don't even know how to break this cycle but I'm going back to work 4 days from next week and this just isn't going to be feasible 😫 don't know what the point in this post is but just feel at my wits end 😫
We’re in exactly the same boat, she’ll settle beautifully until her first wake (which is 12 at the latest) but then refuses to go back in and ends up rolling around in bed trying to be as close to me as possible at all times. No advice - just solidarity!!!

Re work, you’ll get through it because like most of motherhood, there isn’t much choice and I’m sure you’ll suprise yourself with how you cope! It’s tiring and not easy, but you get through it one way or another (my way is copious amounts of coffee)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We’re in exactly the same boat, she’ll settle beautifully until her first wake (which is 12 at the latest) but then refuses to go back in and ends up rolling around in bed trying to be as close to me as possible at all times. No advice - just solidarity!!!

Re work, you’ll get through it because like most of motherhood, there isn’t much choice and I’m sure you’ll suprise yourself with how you cope! It’s tiring and not easy, but you get through it one way or another (my way is copious amounts of coffee)
Its so hard isn't it 😫 this time last year I thought by now I would be getting at least 8 hours uninterrupted 🤣🤣

I've not been able to stomach coffee since pregnancy, might have to get on the energy drinks 🤣

Remind me how old she is? I remember going through a terrible patch of sleep when my daughter was 10/11 months which was just before I went back to work. No advice really other than it did end and you will survive!
It's bloody brutal though, sending strength!

Its so hard isn't it 😫 this time last year I thought by now I would be getting at least 8 hours uninterrupted 🤣🤣

I've not been able to stomach coffee since pregnancy, might have to get on the energy drinks 🤣
Hahaha I know, I thought she’d sleep all night with no wake ups and I glide serenely through our morning routine feeling refreshed 🤣 most days I rock up to nursery with un brushed hair, looking dishevelled

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Living on redbull over here, come and get some wings!

• Haha
Remind me how old she is? I remember going through a terrible patch of sleep when my daughter was 10/11 months which was just before I went back to work. No advice really other than it did end and you will survive!
It's bloody brutal though, sending strength!
She's just turned one....she's always been a tit sleeper but this takes the biscuit 🤣

Hahaha I know, I thought she’d sleep all night with no wake ups and I glide serenely through our morning routine feeling refreshed 🤣 most days I rock up to nursery with un brushed hair, looking dishevelled
Maybe by the time they are 5 we will have had a full night's sleep 🤣 she's in such a bad mood this morning because she is obviously tired too 🙄🙃

Living on redbull over here, come and get some wings!
Might need to prime a pallet from Amazon to see me through the next day 🤣

• Haha

We’re not much better either. She can go until 1-4am but then it’s in the bed. She’s constantly ill so I’m never in a position to be firm with her and lay her back down as she just wants me. I’m hoping nursery knackers her and she sleeps til 5/6 anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️

We’re not much better either. She can go until 1-4am but then it’s in the bed. She’s constantly ill so I’m never in a position to be firm with her and lay her back down as she just wants me. I’m hoping nursery knackers her and she sleeps til 5/6 anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️
Sleep deprivation is a great torture device isn't it 🤣

Reactions: 3
I had some extra support up until 3 months, then she said she'd check in again between 6-8 months but as I was returning to work she said she'd call nearer the time and never did.
Just catching up. My dad died when my daughter was 16 days old. I have a history of depression. I told the hv I was struggling and they promised me extra support. Never heard from them again. I am one of the lucky ones as I had a husband and friends looking out for me but honestly had I not I could see this ending very differently. .

Any recommendations for best suction bowl for a high chair? I’ve got a vital baby one “strongest ever” but it’s so complicated to lock and attach but easy for tiny fingers to lift it up and tip the food everywhere 🙃
With my first we used an easy mat as I resisted splashing out the bamboo sets but this time I went crazy and bought them and honestly they’re life changing. Such strong suction!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am also riding the sleep deprivation train, baby has basically not slept for 3 nights unless he's upright in my arms which then means I can't sleep 😴😴😴 hoping I can get him to sleep in the buggy today and then park it in the porch and take a nap myself as I feel half dead. Really hoping this isn't just the worst 4 month regression ever and is mostly just the horrible cough/cold he's got.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.