New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re now at that point of breastfeeding where I can’t have a conversation or baby pulls off to look at me speaking 😂
Yep, been there for a couple of weeks, it's so annoying! And I can't sit and read to my toddler because baby just cranes his neck to look at the book or his sister and listen to the story 🙄

How cute is it though when they pull off just to give you a massive grin?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I tried to work on self settling so I got baby Waka pretty much as sleep but tried to allow her to get herself to off independently… I went in to give dummy and pat her back about 5 times..well, it’s resulted in her having the biggest meltdown ever, couldn’t even catch her breath. Mr Waka is currently bouncing her to help just calm her down but can still hear her 🫠🫠
Everleigh does this if it's me that goes in to settle her.
Can result in her being up for hours!
I dread it! ♥

Yep, been there for a couple of weeks, it's so annoying! And I can't sit and read to my toddler because baby just cranes his neck to look at the book or his sister and listen to the story 🙄

How cute is it though when they pull off just to give you a massive grin?
I’ve put my partner on a talking ban until he’s done feeding otherwise he turns to look at him like ‘excuse me can you be quiet’

The cutest little grin! Not so cute when he’s smiling with my nipple in his mouth and is pulling it off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Hello everyone hope you are all doing ok 🥰
We go on holiday abroad next week with our 5 month old 😬
Has anyone got any tips for travelling with a baby please 🙏🏻
Also I’m taking 2 tins of formula, am I correct In saying to put these in our hold luggage?

Mr Author reaches KW status this weekend- the ‘serious’ triathlon training is kicking off. He kindly told me that he’s try to leave by 7.30 so that he’s home by 4ish and not gone the whole day… even if he’s home by 4 he will then take an hour having a shower, stretching and having something to eat so it will easily be 5pm, which to me basically feels like the full day. Feeling pretty resentful to be honest on top of the moving abroad curveball he’s chucked my way the last couple of weeks.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
He's now 11 months. It seems like 2 steps forward one step back sometimes.

We don't have a spare room so he'd be on the sofa which is where he spent a lot of the early days
Oh the same, I thought we’d be getting way better sleep by now but here we are….Is he a super light sleeper? I do the side lying feed and roll to fool her most of time when she’s like that

Mr Author reaches KW status this weekend- the ‘serious’ triathlon training is kicking off. He kindly told me that he’s try to leave by 7.30 so that he’s home by 4ish and not gone the whole day… even if he’s home by 4 he will then take an hour having a shower, stretching and having something to eat so it will easily be 5pm, which to me basically feels like the full day. Feeling pretty resentful to be honest on top of the moving abroad curveball he’s chucked my way the last couple of weeks.
Wouldn’t it be a shame if his bike were to get a mysterious unfixable mechanical…?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Can any of you with more experience than me recommend anything for trapped wind? I've been up and down trying to wind him since 2am, he'll happily settle on my chest but is so uncomfortable on his back. He hasn't cried at all, just makes that awful uncomfortable noise. I don't think it's colic if he's not crying? Or have I misunderstood that. 🙈

Preemie mamas - should weaning be from 6 months actual or corrected? I can’t find anything concrete online other than ask your HV and we all know that’s as useful as asking the toaster 💀🤣

Or is it purely based on the signs they are ready? Tommy can sit well along as he is supported and is seriously interested in food, but he definitely hasn’t mastered hand eye coordination and unsure about the swallowing tbh

Oh the same, I thought we’d be getting way better sleep by now but here we are….Is he a super light sleeper? I do the side lying feed and roll to fool her most of time when she’s like that

Wouldn’t it be a shame if his bike were to get a mysterious unfixable mechanical…?
He's in his own room and on formula. I wouldn't say he's a light sleeper as he sleeps through us to showering in the next room, the cats yowling, noise outside when his window is open etc. He just can't seem to consistently join up sleep cycles over night.

It just makes everything else so difficult.

Preemie mamas - should weaning be from 6 months actual or corrected? I can’t find anything concrete online other than ask your HV and we all know that’s as useful as asking the toaster 💀🤣

Or is it purely based on the signs they are ready? Tommy can sit well along as he is supported and is seriously interested in food, but he definitely hasn’t mastered hand eye coordination and unsure about the swallowing tbh
Baby c was munching on corn cakes from about 5 months because he grabbed one from my hand. So at that point we just started offering him sensible things from our plates at dinner.

I've heard from other mums that it is corrected but should guided by baby. That said I was about 6 weeks early and apparently my parents gave me garlic bread at 4 months

• Haha
Reactions: 3

We were told we could begin from 6months actual, but guidance is no sooner than 4 months corrected on medical advice.
Twin 2 took to it really well from 6months actual but twin 1 was pretty much 7 months corrected when we began. How old is he now?
The bliss website has loads of helpful weaning information for preemies, far more than your HV would be able to give you😂

• Haha

Actual age I think. The six months is due to gut maturity and that’s from birth.

Hello everyone hope you are all doing ok 🥰
We go on holiday abroad next week with our 5 month old 😬
Has anyone got any tips for travelling with a baby please 🙏🏻
Also I’m taking 2 tins of formula, am I correct In saying to put these in our hold luggage?
Babies is the golden age for travel 🥰 toddlers are more of a challenge. We’re currently in Spain as we speak, and generally I try and fit as much travel in while they’re small as possible. Try and feed baby or give them a dummy as the plane takes off and lands to help their ears. If baby is fidgety once you’re in the air, most stewards let me go to their little area so I have space to rock the baby. Often they just sleep though as the plane is just like white noise. Annoyingly, they insist on baby being in a pointless seatbelt on your lap, so you have to take them out of a carrier/sling to take off and land even if they’re asleep.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.