New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve got to the stage where baby won’t sit still in bed in the mornings 😭 I just want to chill, but he’s all over the place, trying to grab my phone or the iPad. Just wish he’d sit still and watch fireman Sam

We’ve just moved, and dreading the bills. We were paying £140 a month on a 3 bed house. We are definitely going to be paying at least £100 more 😔
We were paying £100 for a 2 bed detached, the online calculator said it would go up to £276, but I phoned SSE and explained we never used more than £70, had loads of credit and he advised us to go on a variable (we couldn’t switch our fixed) which would be £85 for a 3 bed terraced, then in September switch to a fixed before they raise the price cap. I think the fixed was £135.
Definitely worth holding to get through on the phone rather than doing it online, although I did hold for 46 minutes then the baby got my phone and hung up 🙃

Reactions: 2
So I’m sat in the airport. I put Mr Runner in charge of packing the nappy bag. Guess how many nappies he’s packed?!

One. No joke. Just one.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Totally unrelated question but what do you all pay a month for gas and electricity? I thought we’d got off pretty lightly with the recent price hikes but have just had an email to say our bills are going up another £119 a month.
Gone up to £166 🥲

Gas and electric prices are ridiculous. I don’t know how they expect us to cope! We used to pay £90, always in slight credit. I’m tight when it comes to putting the heating on as it is, but looks like we won’t be putting it on at all this winter 😔 the only good thing I can say about global warming is that we are getting warmer winters
Just by us moving, and I haven’t worked it out properly, but I reckon our bills are going to go up by about £1.5k a month

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Totally unrelated question but what do you all pay a month for gas and electricity? I thought we’d got off pretty lightly with the recent price hikes but have just had an email to say our bills are going up another £119 a month.
5 of us in a small 2 bed, we're paying near enough 200 for electricity 🙃 dread our winter gas bill.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I’m starting to think £280 is ridiculous!!
I don’t think you have to pay it? As in if you’re always in credit I think you can phone them and say you want to keep it as is, especially if you’re on a fixed term. They’re just making sure people don’t go overdrawn on gas and electric because I’m sure it’s harder for them to recover underpayments than hoard overpayments 🙄

I don’t think you have to pay it? As in if you’re always in credit I think you can phone them and say you want to keep it as is, especially if you’re on a fixed term. They’re just making sure people don’t go overdrawn on gas and electric because I’m sure it’s harder for them to recover underpayments than hoard overpayments 🙄
Yea I think you’re right. We have always been in credit but are suddenly £300 in debt to them. We are with bulb too who have gone into administration so I’m sure they’re trying to avoid anyone owing them anything if they totally go bust.

Reactions: 1
I’m starting to think £280 is ridiculous!!
I made a thread about this back in April.
We originally paid £90 for a 3 bed house.
They wanted to up it to £256.
Had 2 months of paying the £256 and we've been in credit both months by £130 😑
So it should have only gone up to £120 really!
I tried to speak to them and they wouldn't let me lower it! They said "Well, actually, we advise you higher it more" sorry? What?
So now I'm £260 in credit because they insist that's how much I need to be paying. Partner saying to wait and see what they say in October when it goes up again but by then, I'll be over £600 in credit!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yea I think you’re right. We have always been in credit but are suddenly £300 in debt to them. We are with bulb too who have gone into administration so I’m sure they’re trying to avoid anyone owing them anything if they totally go bust.
Were with bulb as well!
what pisses Me is my smart meter doesn’t go over £1 a day & im paying a fortune!

We were with utility point who went bust and they owed use just under £200. Our new supplier paid it back. Took a couple of months, but I think that’s because of how many people were owed money. You WILL get your money back

The government need to cap it asap.
They’ve given money to families on low income & that’s fine. We’re on average income & we have a house reflective of this & cars etc so we currently have no money left any more.
It doesn’t seem fair, people live to their pay check.

Reactions: 11
Mr B was supposed to give up one of his jobs next month, but he won’t be able to now 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Were with bulb as well!
what pisses Me is my smart meter doesn’t go over £1 a day & im paying a fortune!
our bloody smart meter stopped working about 18 months ago and they’ve been so useless at helping us sort it so I have no idea what we are spending day to day!

our bloody smart meter stopped working about 18 months ago and they’ve been so useless at helping us sort it so I have no idea what we are spending day to day!
Do you have an online account and can work it out from your statements?

We are with utility warehouse and we pay £300 a month for gas, electricity, boiler cover, Internet and one sim only phone. Was cheaper to take all that as a bundle than separately! We're in a 5 bed detached

They tried to up our bill by £40 a month even though we were in credit so I cancelled my direct debit and just pay what we use. We will just need to make sure we don't go overboard in the winter 🙈

Also Totally unrelated to this but a bite on the nipple at 3am is such a good way to wake up isn't it 🙃🙃🙃🙃😳

• Sad
Do you have an online account and can work it out from your statements?
Because the smart meter isn’t working they’ve been estimating for us. I’ve just entered some meter readings this morning to try and balance it all out.

@Chickenandgravy i am jealous of all the space it sounds like you guys have! Fancy taking a couple more children?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.