New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because the smart meter isn’t working they’ve been estimating for us. I’ve just entered some meter readings this morning to try and balance it all out.

@Chickenandgravy i am jealous of all the space it sounds like you guys have! Fancy taking a couple more children?!
Even though its 5 bed it's not massive tbh, but see trying to keep it clean 😭 (3 rabbits, 2 parrots, 2 step kids and one of my own dont help for sure though!) 🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
Baby Bluebird had a party last night. She was 3 weeks yesterday and I had just felt like we were making a turn on her day / night confusion. She was restless from about 8-11 pm. Wouldn’t take either boob for longer than 7 minutes, she’d fall fast asleep and I’d put her in her swaddle and she’d wake up instantly and start thrashing about. I finally decided to put her down without a swaddle and use a muslin as a blanket and she was out. I guess she’s decided she doesn’t like the swaddle anymore 🤦‍♀️ She wiggled around so much one night she ended up at the other end of her next to me sleeper so I guess that’s also not idea when she’s swaddled.

In good news though, the Fysio is coming to the house today to get started on her neck and give us some exercises so I’m looking forward to that.

ETA- she’s also taken to biting my nipples now. I thought I had more time before that kicked in! I really hope we’re not getting bottle/pacifier/nipple confusion. Though she did eat for 25 minutes this morning on one boob so 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Because the smart meter isn’t working they’ve been estimating for us. I’ve just entered some meter readings this morning to try and balance it all out.

@Chickenandgravy i am jealous of all the space it sounds like you guys have! Fancy taking a couple more children?!
Oh that sucks!
Ours is a smart metre but the actual little device screen thing for in the house doesn't work. But they still manage to get our readings.

I'd submit your readings every month for a few months and hopefully you'll then be in credit!
Dreading October when they put it up again! 😑

Oh that sucks!
Ours is a smart metre but the actual little device screen thing for in the house doesn't work. But they still manage to get our readings.

I'd submit your readings every month for a few months and hopefully you'll then be in credit!
Dreading October when they put it up again! 😑
Are you fixed?

Are you fixed?
We were. And then when my tariff ended, it was either £256 a month for variable or £312 for fixed. Usually I'd always go for fixed but it was bad enough having find an extra £165 a month, nevermind £220 a month!

i do not understand your energy system, people. We get a bill for what we use, and that’s it.

Reactions: 6
i do not understand your energy system, people. We get a bill for what we use, and that’s it.
That’s the way it should be! They do it in estimates but clearly they’re estimating wayyyyy over the odds 😡
My auntie submits readings monthly and only pats for what she uses which is how it should be! Robbing bastards x

Ours used to be £60 then they tried to up it to £250 but my husband refused because we were in so much credit so only agreed to up it to £80 and see how it went over a few months.
I let him deal with that sort of thing, like a blue job. My job is just switching all the sockets off 100000 times a day

Reactions: 2
Same! Here in the Netherlands you have a monthly rate that you pay and then at the end of the year you either pay a difference if you used more or they pay you if you used less. We got 350 back one year because we used less. We’re on a variable contract though so could be a totally different story next winter 😬🤦‍♀️
We also have a thermostat in each room of the house so we can choose to have the heat on or off in that room, based on if we’re using it or not.

Same! Here in the Netherlands you have a monthly rate that you pay and then at the end of the year you either pay a difference if you used more or they pay you if you used less. We got 350 back one year because we used less. We’re on a variable contract though so could be a totally different story next winter 😬🤦‍♀️
We also have a thermostat in each room of the house so we can choose to have the heat on or off in that room, based on if we’re using it or not.
This is the same as estimated, no? They estimate you will spend ‘x amount’ so you pay a monthly direct debit, and then they do meter readings every so often, and you either get money back, leave on the account, or pay it off?

How often do you get a bill and pay? We do get bills, but it’s mostly estimated, unless you’re on top of giving meter readings every month, which I’m pretty sure you can do

I pay £60 a month atm for a 3 bed semi but we’re a new build so we rarely have the heating on and if we do it’s only for about 20 minutes a time. We are on a fixed rate though which is helping massively, it’s due to end in September just in time for the next price rise. Shell are quoting me £74 a month for the variable tariff but with it going up in October and January it’ll easily be over £100

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@ThePidge how was your night?
Well, my eyes are well and truly stinging-had a white monster at 7am 😩😷😂
Up every hour as she was she just wanted to be held, and when she did fall asleep, I’d put her down and she was awake again 😭
The vomiting has calmed down and her poop has become a bit more pastie so I’m hoping that we are over the worst of it!
In summation, the dog had the most sleep in the house, walking around all smug 😂

Hope you all had a better night than ours! How are you all doing, is babyT a bit brighter today?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Baby elf is asleep in his cot on his own!!!! First time he's ever not contact napped or napped in his pram. What on earth do I do with this time?? 🤣

We are at 250 now for gas and electric - in a 2 bed terraced hardly use the heating just put the hot water on for 30 mins a day for baths ect. We use alot of electricity though as computers and things like that on all day due to WFH. Our fixed rate deal ends 1st August and hubby wants to stay on variable as its working out cheaper so we will see how we go with that. I let him deal with it all honestly because I feel quite stressed when I think about it too much and how we are going to afford it when it goes up again.

They are completley fleecing us because when you look on the smart meter for each day how much we are actually using its doesn't add up to anywhere near what they are charging us. Its incredibly stressful

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Well, my eyes are well and truly stinging-had a white monster at 7am 😩😷😂
Up every hour as she was she just wanted to be held, and when she did fall asleep, I’d put her down and she was awake again 😭
The vomiting has calmed down and her poop has become a bit more pastie so I’m hoping that we are over the worst of it!
In summation, the dog had the most sleep in the house, walking around all smug 😂

Hope you all had a better night than ours! How are you all doing, is babyT a bit brighter today?
The dog sometimes waits for a walk and I’m like babes you’ve had about 15 hours sleep you need to wait 😂
Glad to hear that it’s not as brutal today and hopefully the worst is all out of her 🤞🏼
We co slept and she only got upset if the dummy fell out, she’s better but the floor is still lava so I have a koala baby for the second day 🥰

• Heart
How often do you get a bill and pay? We do get bills, but it’s mostly estimated, unless you’re on top of giving meter readings every month, which I’m pretty sure you can do
I think it’s every two months wepay. The meter man comes really regularly, maybe 5/6 times a year. I think we pay about £120 for the two months (more in winter, less in summer)0. But that’s literally just electric. I’ve seen people further up say that their bill includes loads of stuff, ours is just electric. We use oil as we live in the country so no mains gas, and they about £800 a year I’d say.

The dog sometimes waits for a walk and I’m like babes you’ve had about 15 hours sleep you need to wait 😂
Glad to hear that it’s not as brutal today and hopefully the worst is all out of her 🤞🏼
We co slept and she only got upset if the dummy fell out, she’s better but the floor is still lava so I have a koala baby for the second day 🥰

Mine is literally the same, he stares at me and does little whines then side eyes his lead 😂
i actually tried co sleeping last night and she was having none of it. I think she thought it was a game as she was laughing her head off so that woke her up even more. I almost cried 😂
Hope she’s feeling better soon, our poor babies ❤

• Heart
Totally unrelated question but what do you all pay a month for gas and electricity? I thought we’d got off pretty lightly with the recent price hikes but have just had an email to say our bills are going up another £119 a month.
So we have electricity and oil. We used to pay £70 for the two of us, electricity. Now that's £140 and the only reason it isn't increasing further is because we paid more for fixed because we knew come October tit was going to hit the fan. But wait for it... we used to pay about £200-£250 on average of every other month for oil (heating). It's now £750 for the same amount. It got to the point where I paid more for 500 litres, than I paid for 1000 at the start of the pandemic. We physically can't turn the heating off either as our house is on average of 9 degrees during winter. Plus now with Tommy, it's one thing us suffering but obviously we can't put him through that. I honestly don't know what we are going to do. We can't afford £750 every month over winter on oil. We are considering basically living in one room of the house (the box room basically, us 3 and 2 massive dogs :censored:) and sacrificing the rest.

So in essence, our electricity has doubled and our heating trebled, for no more usage. What a world we live in!

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.