New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just for a bit of balance as I feel like I've been a moaner lately (although in my defence it has been a crap 6 weeks for various reasons) - I've had a really nice day today!
It didn't seem hopeful at the start as I barely slept because baby was so unsettled due to a cold/cough/vaccinations yesterday, but it's been lovely! Toddler has behaved like an actual lovely little human rather than the spawn of Satan, baby has napped and fed really well and been cheerful when awake, we've gone to the park, to a cafe, played in the garden, done some crafting, played some board games and cooked together and it's all been so nice!
I really needed a day like this as it's been really relentless lately with bad toddler behaviour and constantly being ill etc so it's amazing to be reminded that it's not always like that and that it can be lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Went to visit a friend this afternoon. T1 is normally super friendly but today she was super clingy to me and wouldn’t let anyone near her 🥲. I went to the loo and left her with my friend and she screamed hysterically! But was fine when I got back to hold her. Is this a separation anxiety thing?
Yeah new place, new person, could also be coming down with something sometimes their Patience goes when they’re not feeling 100% but sounds like a separation thing!

Reactions: 1
Went to visit a friend this afternoon. T1 is normally super friendly but today she was super clingy to me and wouldn’t let anyone near her 🥲. I went to the loo and left her with my friend and she screamed hysterically! But was fine when I got back to hold her. Is this a separation anxiety thing?
Everleigh has always done thing. And even now does it still!
I went to a friend's today and she didn't let go of me!
I hate going anywhere where there's someone new.
She's even like it at my partners mums too!
And god, if anyone talks to her, she digs her hands in to me and basically tries to cling to my face!
She's been like it since around 8/9 months and if anything, it's got worse!

Thank you 💖💖 😘
how’s your dad and FIL???
My dad is still pretty okay, but my FIL passed away last week. Funeral's tomorrow.
Feeling really anxious and sad, not only because of FIL, but lots of things aren't really going as I'd like...

MrCat took care of Kitten today so I could go out with one of my best friends. It was really nice, but she also has a lot of stuff going on, so it was basically us ranting/venting for hours 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just for a bit of balance as I feel like I've been a moaner lately (although in my defence it has been a crap 6 weeks for various reasons) - I've had a really nice day today!
It didn't seem hopeful at the start as I barely slept because baby was so unsettled due to a cold/cough/vaccinations yesterday, but it's been lovely! Toddler has behaved like an actual lovely little human rather than the spawn of Satan, baby has napped and fed really well and been cheerful when awake, we've gone to the park, to a cafe, played in the garden, done some crafting, played some board games and cooked together and it's all been so nice!
I really needed a day like this as it's been really relentless lately with bad toddler behaviour and constantly being ill etc so it's amazing to be reminded that it's not always like that and that it can be lovely!
🥰🥰 it is always so nice to have a day where it all goes well and at the end you feel you’ve done a great job. They can be few and far between, so bask in the glow, and hopefully many more are ahead!

Reactions: 3
@Babyyoda88 how is tiny baby yoda doing? How are you getting on with mil, does she still send the texts then complain she doesn’t see enough of you both while simultaneously being too busy to see you both? I’m glad to see you back and am looking forward to more updates

@jackolantern I’m sorry you’ve had such tit news about the job, hopefully you can find something else if you need to. Well done Tommy for looking after his mum in that moment though and keeping you on your toes by making sure you didn’t get too comfortable with the lack of crying

@ThePidge @wakametango 2.0 sorry to hear about the poorly babies. Hopefully neither illness lasts long and you have happier babies soon!

While we’re on the topic of sick, baby banana is sick after every single meal. He always has been ever since we started weaning, it goes on for hours after the meal - he had dinner at 4pm today and vomited for the last time at 5.30. He’s gaining weight fine, he’s dropped a couple of percentiles but he’s a short boy too so he still looks chunky. 99% of the time he probably only has 2 proper milk feeds now, big one in the morning and before bed, then maybe a distracted on and off every 30 seconds feed where he doesn’t take much milk. I can’t tell if he’s uncomfortable because he cries more than he smiles but he always has done. We did blw and leaves food if he so I don’t feel like he’s over fed but I started capping meals at 20 minutes just in case but it didn’t stop it. I’m not worried but I’m not sure if I should be more concerned than I am?
BabyMe was sick after meals until probably 10/11 months. He was barely eating, but any time he swallowed, he would then be sick. His has tailed off now, but if you’re concerned I’d mention to to HV or GP and see if they can give you a referral to work out the root cause

Very true!
How's baby Waka? Ear infections suck so much :(

Now that Kitten is getting teeth I rub them clean, but should I start using baby toothpaste? What is good baby toothpaste?
Yes definitely use toothpaste. We just use any brand of kids’ toothpaste as long as the fluoride level is 1450ppm. May be different advice though in your country as I think our water has fluoride added, so just check that out.

Reactions: 2
First birthday as a mum and today we went to Chester zoo 100% recommend usually I would go and buy / pick a handbag but today I chose this family trip and I have never had such a great birthday 🥳 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for 🥹🥹🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Very true!
How's baby Waka? Ear infections suck so much :(

Now that Kitten is getting teeth I rub them clean, but should I start using baby toothpaste? What is good baby toothpaste?

Edit: @jackolantern So sorry about your job :( Hope you're okay. What a sensitive boy Tommy is ❤
Oh gosh poor girl is the worst she’s been. Boiling hot, twitching every 20 mins if she nods off which wakes her will only sleep diagonally across my body lol she’s sleepy though so hoping we can both get a few hours in now!

yes she has baby toothpaste and a set of baby toothbrushes and I let her do what she wants with it then take it to give the only two she has a little brush

Attachments

i found the gel to be a bit crap as it comes off, the powders on the other hand work better for us- we use teetha it’s a little green box! When it’s bad, we use the powder and calpol!
The powders you can use every 2 hours (I think!) if it’s bad, but I’ve never needed too- usually use every 4 hours!
Get some nuby keys that you can freeze too, they are fab!!
I’ll have a look for that tomorrow, he keeps licking the gel tube so I need something better 😂
We’ve got those keys and he hates them I think they’re too big for his mouth still so they just live in the fridge 😂

For those with first birthdays coming up 👀 dancing fruit cake 😂😂
As long as it isn’t actual fruit cake it’s a cake no one except parents will understand 😂

First birthday as a mum and today we went to Chester zoo 100% recommend usually I would go and buy / pick a handbag but today I chose this family trip and I have never had such a great birthday 🥳 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for 🥹🥹🥹
Happy birthday mama 😘 so glad you had a lovely day 🎈

• Heart
BabyMe was sick after meals until probably 10/11 months. He was barely eating, but any time he swallowed, he would then be sick. His has tailed off now, but if you’re concerned I’d mention to to HV or GP and see if they can give you a referral to work out the root cause
ah okay, thank you. If he’s still doing it as he gets older I’ll consider a gp. I’m more worried about my carpet tbh, poor thing has been covered in explosive diarrhoea courtesy of my toddler and now gets hourly doses of vomit. I’ll have to buy shares in rugdoctor

• Sick
  • Heart
Hey, I remember you! I think our babies might even have been born on the same day or very close anyway, hope you're getting on ok!

My hair is also falling out in clumps so huge solidarity but I can't imagine how upsetting it is with your upcoming wedding as it really does affect your confidence. Biotin supplements might help in the longer term but I think for the shorter they won't make that much of a difference. I think unfortunately that you won't be able to change things much but are you having your hair done professionally? If so I'd just talk to them about it as much as possible, and I have no knowledge on these things but would temporary extensions help make an up-do look thicker? And then something like a pretty clip in the front to distract from the thinner hair at the front? Might not work depending on tiara/veil situation.

I hope you can find a way to feel as confident at possible despite this and that you have a fantastic day 💕
31st of march my baby was born was yours the same day? I do remember somebody on the thread was the same day!

At the moment my ponytail is half what it was already and I don't think I can even ahve my hair how it's supposed to be already
Maybe extensions but will they just pull more out, with the pressure of them? I am barely touching my hair it just comes out constantly I don't know how I have any left to be honest . I'm so worried how I'm going to look in a few weeks.

I've got the vitamins the new mum pregnacare hair and skin ones. Should I get different?
Hope you and baby are okay xx

I think a professional hairdresser might be able to help with extensions etc. They could look quite natural all in an updo. Or they might have ideas of styles to hide it
Might be worth a ring around to chat to a few?
Or how about a veil, even if you don't want it over your face, it could cover your hair.
I've messaged my hairdresser. I kind of thought she'd make me feel better and have options but she seemed like she didn't know and said we'd see what it looked like in a few weeks, which didn't fill me with confidence.

I do have a veil x

Also , it'll be nice to join this thread, If I can keep up! Other mums to talk to , I don't really have anyone where I am.

Baby sunshine had her 16 week jabs yesterday. I'm so glad they're over till a year old. Awful!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Happy birthday!!!

• Heart
Happy birthday @Easilyannoyed 🎉🎉🎉 so glad you had a lovely day with princess orange and MrAnnoyed. Have to say the joy you find in being Orange’s mum is something I find really inspiring, it always reminds me to take a moment to remember how very lucky I am ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
31st of march my baby was born was yours the same day? I do remember somebody on the thread was the same day!

At the moment my ponytail is half what it was already and I don't think I can even ahve my hair how it's supposed to be already
Maybe extensions but will they just pull more out, with the pressure of them? I am barely touching my hair it just comes out constantly I don't know how I have any left to be honest . I'm so worried how I'm going to look in a few weeks.

I've got the vitamins the new mum pregnacare hair and skin ones. Should I get different?

I've messaged my hairdresser. I kind of thought she'd make me feel better and have options but she seemed like she didn't know and said we'd see what it looked like in a few weeks, which didn't fill me with confidence.

I do have a veil x

Also , it'll be nice to join this thread, If I can keep up! Other mums to talk to , I don't really have anyone where I am.

Baby sunshine had her 16 week jabs yesterday. I'm so glad they're over till a year old. Awful!
Mine was the 30th so very close! And we also had 16 week jabs yesterday 😬

Do you think your hairdresser would see you sooner, if not to try out a style then at least to look at some pictures/ideas together and for her to see how your hair is currently?

I do have a veil x

I think I remember you - was your baby originally due 14 April? Maybe I’ve got you totally mixed up with someone else, but I remember there were three of us with the same due date!

I was going to pipe in with the hair extension suggestion - have a look at nano/micro ring hair extensions as they put less weight o the hair itself. I have pretty thin hair and had them for my wedding to help add volume. Ironically by the time the wedding actually happened due to several covid cancellations and delays I was then pregnant with Baby Author and for once had slightly better natural hair thickness anyway… but I would recommend them as I was super impressed with the colour matching the hairdresser was able to do and how natural it looked - you seriously couldn’t tell.

Welcome to the thread - its such a friendly and supportive community here, and definitely makes me feel less lonely during some of the long days.

Happy birthday ❤🥳
So happy you had a lovely day 🤩

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.