New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve been wondering where you’ve gotten to 🥰🥰 glad you took some time out until you felt in a better place, we’re all glad you’re back!! Will she be with MIL from sept?

Hey bear on YouTube! It’s hypnotic for babies (apart from mine of course……)

Thanks all 💖💖💖

She will be with MIL for one day, nursery for three and me for one. How are you getting on with a new job? 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We breastfeed, and they say it takes 6 weeks for dairy to leave mum’s system fully once we stop eating dairy - but I noticed his eczema getting better after about 3 weeks. (Although it still wasn’t great). So I’d hope switching formula you’d see results much quicker - but it’s worth noting that it’s quite common for cmpa babies to also struggle with soya/that to be the thing they’re allergic to, so if you aren’t seeing any improvements at all that could be the next thing to look at.

When we started solids we discovered my little lad has a nut allergy too. I cut nuts out of my diet (annoying more than dairy as I’m normally an almond milk person and bought loads from Costco before baby was born so I’d be stocked up) and between that and stopping using almond oil on my hair (😬😔) his skin has ended up getting so so much better and we are hardly using a steroid cream at the mo!
Thank you so much for response! Good to know that it’s not an instant quick fix. Just had no idea what to expect time frame wise!! We’ve been using the new SMA for 24 hours now and the rash that kept coming up has really reduced and hasn’t flared up like it did when we used normal formula so that’s been really good to see. Hope he will be more settled now too.
Yes heard about the soya thing, hoping he won’t have that too but so far doesn’t look like he does…

to add to the work/nursery Conversation i sympathise and understand you all. When I had my first baby I found it so hard going back to work and leaving her at nursery for 3 days and with my mum for 2 days. I had to go back full time as I’m a teacher, head of department, and I’ve heard from other heads of department that my school won’t really entertain a part time HoD. So I had no choice but to go back to my job as normal, but I really resented missing out on so much time with my daughter. We can manage nursery fees generally ok but now im mat leave with my 2nd baby and the thought of going back to work and now paying for 2 children to go, with the possibility of increasing my daughters hours as I feel I can’t ask my mum to look after 2 children for 2 days, honestly makes me feel sick. I hate the pressures put on working parents and it’s awful more isn’t done to help and encourage women to work.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone!

I've never been on the baby threads but I was on the TTC and the pregnancy ones so some of you may remember me

My baby girl is a few days off 4 months

My issue here is with me that I'm desperate for ANY advice. My hair is falling out. Badly. It was fairly thin anyway and it's halved in two weeks. It's all of a sudden seemed to have come on. I do know this can happen. But my problem is that I get married in few weeks. I already am unable to do with my hair what I'm meant to and I've actually got clumps coming out. I could just cry at how it's going to be in weeks. I am actually now dreading it and the photos. How can I feel nice about myself on the day?

I know there is nothing really that can be done as it just happens, and I'm so stressed which won't be helping, but if anyone on here does have any advice and on the off chance something that helped I'll be so so greatful Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi everyone!

I've never been on the baby threads but I was on the TTC and the pregnancy ones so some of you may remember me

My issue here is with me that I'm desperate for ANY advice. My hair is falling out. Badly. It was fairly thin anyway and it's halved in two weeks. It's all of a sudden seemed to have come on. I do know this can happen. But my problem is that I get married in few weeks. I already am unable to do with my hair what I'm meant to and I've actually got clumps coming out. I could just cry at how it's going to be in weeks. I am actually now dreading it and the photos. How can I feel nice about myself on the day?

I know there is nothing really that can be done as it just happens, and I'm so stressed which won't be helping, but if anyone on here does have any advice and on the off chance something that helped I'll be so so greatful Xx
I haven’t tried it myself but everyone on this thread usually recommends biotin supplements

When needing to concentrate to apply for my jobs he made so much noise it ended in me screaming at him. I hope you manage to get what you need done. Is there anyone else that could help if you’re completely pushed for time?
I managed to get the writing bit done because it was just editing some copy but I need to plan, write and practice this presentation before Monday and I’m definitely going to need quiet to think.

Luckily she’s taking decent naps these days so I should get a couple of hours each day.

My dad is coming up on Monday to watch her while I do the interview as KW will be in bed as he’s working that night. He did offer to get up for an hour but clearly that would be more hassle than it’s worth 🙄

• Heart
Hi everyone!

Hey, I remember you! I think our babies might even have been born on the same day or very close anyway, hope you're getting on ok!

My hair is also falling out in clumps so huge solidarity but I can't imagine how upsetting it is with your upcoming wedding as it really does affect your confidence. Biotin supplements might help in the longer term but I think for the shorter they won't make that much of a difference. I think unfortunately that you won't be able to change things much but are you having your hair done professionally? If so I'd just talk to them about it as much as possible, and I have no knowledge on these things but would temporary extensions help make an up-do look thicker? And then something like a pretty clip in the front to distract from the thinner hair at the front? Might not work depending on tiara/veil situation.

I hope you can find a way to feel as confident at possible despite this and that you have a fantastic day 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I managed to get the writing bit done because it was just editing some copy but I need to plan, write and practice this presentation before Monday and I’m definitely going to need quiet to think.

Luckily she’s taking decent naps these days so I should get a couple of hours each day.

My dad is coming up on Monday to watch her while I do the interview as KW will be in bed as he’s working that night. He did offer to get up for an hour but clearly that would be more hassle than it’s worth 🙄
Ah well I hope you get some calm and quiet to actually have time to focus and prepare, good luck!

Thanks all 💖💖💖

She will be with MIL for one day, nursery for three and me for one. How are you getting on with a new job? 😀
Ah perfect balance. I got a local one for 4 days a week in year 1!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice @I’mThankyou_ , @Definitelyme, @Cucumberthunder really appreciate it and following it all. Kept her fluids up as best as poss and she did have her dinner despite the non-stop vomming. Mr. Pidge came home on his break so I could shower which was really sweet!
Doctor called again to check on her, and she thinks she has Noravirus as apparently it’s spreading like wildfire even though it isn’t the right season for it! Soooo looks like I’m a ticking time bomb 🤌🏼
The fourth load of sick was just a “this isn’t bleeping ending” moment. We’ve gone through 12 nappies, had 3 baths and 6 changes of clothes.. I’m absolutely dreading tonight. She’s already in bed but she’s pooping like it’s going out of fashion and it’s not contained, it’s a newborn up to the hair style so she is on a towel! 😂😭
I’ll try and send live updates, god speed 😩🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks for all the advice @I’mThankyou_ , @Definitelyme, @Cucumberthunder really appreciate it and following it all. Kept her fluids up as best as poss and she did have her dinner despite the non-stop vomming. Mr. Pidge came home on his break so I could shower which was really sweet!
Doctor called again to check on her, and she thinks she has Noravirus as apparently it’s spreading like wildfire even though it isn’t the right season for it! Soooo looks like I’m a ticking time bomb 🤌🏼
The fourth load of sick was just a “this isn’t bleeping ending” moment. We’ve gone through 12 nappies, had 3 baths and 6 changes of clothes.. I’m absolutely dreading tonight. She’s already in bed but she’s pooping like it’s going out of fashion and it’s not contained, it’s a newborn up to the hair style so she is on a towel! 😂😭
With you through the evening and night on this one! Baby Waka is making herself sick and steaming hot milk/yoghurt is coming up, Mr waka and I have both been covered twice. The fluids are tricky she’s pushing water away and I’ve tried all kinds of cups and bottles. How long does noravirus last?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
With you through the evening and night on this one! Baby Waka is making herself sick and steaming hot milk/yoghurt is coming up, Mr waka and I have both been covered twice. The fluids are tricky she’s pushing water away and I’ve tried all kinds of cups and bottles. How long does noravirus last?
Oh mate sorry to hear you’ve got it bad too 😩, she said 1-3 days max. She said to just look out for signs of dehydration which is the inside of their mouth and eyes as nappies are just too difficult when it’s like this!
Lil pidge took half her bottle, so I syringed water in her mouth and gave her some calpol as she said it can help if her stomach is upset… it’s so tit!
this alongside teething is just satans asshole.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Oh bless little pidge i hope it clears up soon x

• Heart
Try get some dioralyte, I mean she may not take it, but its blackcurrant flavour she may attempt some🤷🏻‍♀️
It's really good at replacing the electrolytes you loose with noravirus, I'm quite partial to a cup or two 🤣

• Heart
Has anyone used Ashton and parsons gel? How often did you use it, it says up to 4 times a day but did you space it a certain amount of hours through the day?
And when did you use it, when they seem in pain or before?

I should’ve said this is for teething! He’s been crying on and off today I’ve used it he’s calmed but seems like the pains coming back already
i found the gel to be a bit crap as it comes off, the powders on the other hand work better for us- we use teetha it’s a little green box! When it’s bad, we use the powder and calpol!
The powders you can use every 2 hours (I think!) if it’s bad, but I’ve never needed too- usually use every 4 hours!
Get some nuby keys that you can freeze too, they are fab!!

Oh mate sorry to hear you’ve got it bad too 😩, she said 1-3 days max. She said to just look out for signs of dehydration which is the inside of their mouth and eyes as nappies are just too difficult when it’s like this!
Lil pidge took half her bottle, so I syringed water in her mouth and gave her some calpol as she said it can help if her stomach is upset… it’s so tit!
this alongside teething is just satans asshole.
Syringe water is a good one! I didn’t know checking the inside of their mouth & eyes too 👍 same she’s only managing a bit of milk too. Hopefully the first 24 hours of all this is the worst 🙏🏼

Try get some dioralyte, I mean she may not take it, but its blackcurrant flavour she may attempt some🤷🏻‍♀️
It's really good at replacing the electrolytes you loose with noravirus, I'm quite partial to a cup or two 🤣
Is the normal one in store ok or is their special for baby/kids? I haven’t looked at it for years as we use Tesco own brand (when we used to drink wine I have sachets for the hangovers 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When we had a stomach bug in March, BabyMe had it for about 4 days. But it can really take its toll on them, even after he stopped vomiting he wasn’t quite himself for a few days.
Hope you both manage a good night of sleep, @ThePidge . Lots of towels and changes of clothes laid out at the ready

• Heart
Syringe water is a good one! I didn’t know checking the inside of their mouth & eyes too 👍 same she’s only managing a bit of milk too. Hopefully the first 24 hours of all this is the worst 🙏🏼

Is the normal one in store ok or is their special for baby/kids? I haven’t looked at it for years as we use Tesco own brand (when we used to drink wine I have sachets for the hangovers 🤣)
Normal one in store should have the instructions for little humans on the back.
Oh why did I never think of that back when I used to drink😅

• Heart
@Babyyoda88 how is tiny baby yoda doing? How are you getting on with mil, does she still send the texts then complain she doesn’t see enough of you both while simultaneously being too busy to see you both? I’m glad to see you back and am looking forward to more updates

@jackolantern I’m sorry you’ve had such tit news about the job, hopefully you can find something else if you need to. Well done Tommy for looking after his mum in that moment though and keeping you on your toes by making sure you didn’t get too comfortable with the lack of crying

@ThePidge @wakametango 2.0 sorry to hear about the poorly babies. Hopefully neither illness lasts long and you have happier babies soon!

While we’re on the topic of sick, baby banana is sick after every single meal. He always has been ever since we started weaning, it goes on for hours after the meal - he had dinner at 4pm today and vomited for the last time at 5.30. He’s gaining weight fine, he’s dropped a couple of percentiles but he’s a short boy too so he still looks chunky. 99% of the time he probably only has 2 proper milk feeds now, big one in the morning and before bed, then maybe a distracted on and off every 30 seconds feed where he doesn’t take much milk. I can’t tell if he’s uncomfortable because he cries more than he smiles but he always has done. We did blw and leaves food if he so I don’t feel like he’s over fed but I started capping meals at 20 minutes just in case but it didn’t stop it. I’m not worried but I’m not sure if I should be more concerned than I am?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi everyone!

I think a professional hairdresser might be able to help with extensions etc. They could look quite natural all in an updo. Or they might have ideas of styles to hide it
Might be worth a ring around to chat to a few?

Or how about a veil, even if you don't want it over your face, it could cover your hair.

Went to visit a friend this afternoon. T1 is normally super friendly but today she was super clingy to me and wouldn’t let anyone near her 🥲. I went to the loo and left her with my friend and she screamed hysterically! But was fine when I got back to hold her. Is this a separation anxiety thing?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.