New baby and post birth advice #20 I didn’t choose the pouch life, the pouch life chose me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omggggg the size thing. Grinds. My. Gears. My 3 are big boys, I’m 6ft 1 and my partner is 6ft 4 so it’s not like our children were going to be teeny weeny. They’re also chunks as babies. Like, yes Barbara and Steve who feel the need to comment on everything, I know he’s the size of a 9 month old. Yes I’m sure he’s only 4 months. Yes he was big at birth. No it’s ok I didn’t push him out my vagina. “What are you feeding him” OH JUST PIE AND MASH WITH EXTRA GRAVY EVERY NIGHT NOW WILL YOU MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS.

Good god. In a way I’m glad they’re boys so they wont be subject to the whole “wow you’re big for a girl” but I went to a party today and found myself being like “yeah he’s so big for 4 months isn’t he” as if I needed to justify why he’s big, it’s so weird 🤣🤣🤣 I hate people.
I’ve actually a few times when people ask how old she is found myself saying she’s small because i know it’s coming 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Baby tango woke at 6 so mr tango said ‘are you waiting for me to take her or something?’ I said ‘well yeah I was up 3-4 with her.’
Returns her at 6:45 she’s tired she’s rubbing her eyes (I only let her sleep every 3 hours or her sleep is even worse at night). Shes thrashing around the bed wiggling, I said ‘how much milk has she had?’ He said ‘milk? I haven’t given her any milk? You didn’t tell me to?’ Excuse my French… what a bleeping idiot!! Who needs telling that a baby needs milk?

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Baby tango woke at 6 so mr tango said ‘are you waiting for me to take her or something?’ I said ‘well yeah I was up 3-4 with her.’
Returns her at 6:45 she’s tired she’s rubbing her eyes (I only let her sleep every 3 hours or her sleep is even worse at night). Shes thrashing around the bed wiggling, I said ‘how much milk has she had?’ He said ‘milk? I haven’t given her any milk? You didn’t tell me to?’ Excuse my French… what a bleeping idiot!! Who needs telling that a baby needs milk?
It’s like if we don’t think for them they cannot function.
she is 50% yours too now go parent 😂 they think they’re doing you a favour my “looking after them” for an hour.

Reactions: 3
What an idiot. but I bet if you dared to hint that he is even slightly incompetent he’d throw a fit. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 4
Hello ladies,
Im back! Ive missed you all.

I havent missed my period. Which csme back today. Boo. Baby is 8 months old next week. Mentally i cant believe shes been out almost as long as she was in!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Bloody hell. What did he do with her for 45 min then 🤔
I sometimes I wonder how these men made it to this age at all

Reactions: 3
Sorry for the laugh react but this has killed me. Men are a different breed man 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 1
What an idiot. but I bet if you dared to hint that he is even slightly incompetent he’d throw a fit. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
We already had a chat yesterday about me being fed up of him, I woke up to no bottles clean, obviously my mind has been somewhere else recently with the jobs. I said she has two parents and it’s equally your responsibility to make sure she is fed, check her stuff is clean for night feeds/morning, it’s not all my job! Such sloppy parenting

Sorry for the laugh react but this has killed me. Men are a different breed man 😂😂😂😂
It’s going to BLOW his mind that she has breakfast in a bit too. Wonder if she even knows she has 3 meals in the day.

• Heart
We already had a chat yesterday about me being fed up of him, I woke up to no bottles clean, obviously my mind has been somewhere else recently with the jobs. I said she has two parents and it’s equally your responsibility to make sure she is fed, check her stuff is clean for night feeds/morning, it’s not all my job! Such sloppy parenting

It’s going to BLOW his mind that she has breakfast in a bit too. Wonder if she even knows she has 3 meals in the day.
I honestly wonder if they do these things slightly on purpose (maybe even subconsciously?) so that we just do everything?

My husband was a very competent adult but I swear he's gotten more useless since we had kids "shall I change him into his sleepsuit?" erm, yes, it's time to put him to bed so that would be a great idea. It's also seemed to leech into other areas of our life like he asks me about simple recipes that he used to cook himself but now seems to need my reassurance 🙄

I honestly wonder if they do these things slightly on purpose (maybe even subconsciously?) so that we just do everything?

My husband was a very competent adult but I swear he's gotten more useless since we had kids "shall I change him into his sleepsuit?" erm, yes, it's time to put him to bed so that would be a great idea. It's also seemed to leech into other areas of our life like he asks me about simple recipes that he used to cook himself but now seems to need my reassurance 🙄
Cook!?!? Wow. Not a chance here, I haven’t cooked for him for about 3 or 4 weeks now, it’s funny to see him looking through the cupboards each night looking for food 🤣😌

• Haha
Cook!?!? Wow. Not a chance here, I haven’t cooked for him for about 3 or 4 weeks now, it’s funny to see him looking through the cupboards each night looking for food 🤣😌
I mean to be fair I don't know why I talked about him cooking as I seem to do all of that too! I understand in the week as we eat early because of toddler so I tend to start cooking while he's still working and we all eat the same thing at the same time but he could offer to cook at weekends! Or plan meals... Or shop... Or do laundry...

Reactions: 1
Weaponised incompetence is definitely a thing! My husband has three degrees, speaks four languages, is generally a very intelligent human… but can’t compute that if the baby smells and is crying she probably needs a new nappy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Weaponised incompetence is definitely a thing! My husband has three degrees, speaks four languages, is generally a very intelligent human… but can’t compute that if the baby smells and is crying she probably needs a new nappy 😂
My husband went for a shower gave the baby to me I’m sat there for literally 5 seconds like she smells. She’s pooed he’s not noticed and fucked off for a shower 😡

Are they genuinely useless or are they just lazy 😊😊😊
Both

So I didn't make my partners food for work Friday night. Last night, his mum sent him a packed lunch into work for him with sausage and bacon sandwiches and other fancy things.
(my partners step dad is his manager so sent it in with him)
🙄🙄🙄😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
So I didn't make my partners food for work Friday night. Last night, his mum sent him a packed lunch into work for him with sausage and bacon sandwiches and other fancy things.
🙄🙄🙄😂
See I think that’s a win for you! Let her keep doing that, one less thing for your to do, she feels like she’s taking care of her little baby boy (🙄), he is fed. Win win win!

• Heart
🙄🙄🙄😂
Good for her let her baby her son! Let her get on with it

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.