New baby and post birth advice #20 I didn’t choose the pouch life, the pouch life chose me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I didn't make my partners food for work Friday night. Last night, his mum sent him a packed lunch into work for him with sausage and bacon sandwiches and other fancy things.
(my partners step dad is his manager so sent it in with him)
🙄🙄🙄😂
I want to come back as Mr Bore in my next life 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So related to this… does anyone ever wonder what their kids will hate about them when they’re older?! Like my toddler loves that I’m one of those annoying people that constantly sings and dances about the house, but I bet they’ll be mortified by it when they’re teens.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So related to this… does anyone ever wonder what their kids will hate about them when they’re older?! Like my toddler loves that I’m one of those annoying people that constantly sings and dances about the house, but I bet they’ll be mortified by it when they’re teens.
I used to hate that my parent's were really strict. We had to be in from playing out early, had to be in bed early, would get half an hour a day on the Internet. I love them for it now😂 Wish I could be sent to bed early😂

The eldest used to love coming in the car with me with a cheesy song on full blast when he was a toddler screeching at the top of our lungs. Now he's mortified if I dare turn the music up😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Weaponised incompetence is definitely a thing! My husband has three degrees, speaks four languages, is generally a very intelligent human… but can’t compute that if the baby smells and is crying she probably needs a new nappy 😂
It’s like that scheme of people ask you to make a brew and you don’t want to, if you make it bad they’ll never ask you again.
May or may not have done this in work 🤣

Reactions: 2
I always wonder this 😂
I also spend my time wondering how close we'll be when they're older.
Obviously everyone wants to be super close with their kids and presume they will be.
But I'm not close to my mum at all and I was super close with my Dad.
Even now my Dad has passed, I'm still not very close with my Mum.
My best friend is the same with her Mum. Where as my sister is super super close to Mum.

Always makes me wonder. And a little sad 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
See I think that’s a win for you! Let her keep doing that, one less thing for your to do, she feels like she’s taking care of her little baby boy (🙄), he is fed. Win win win!
Fed is best haha. This would get under my skin, but if it takes one job off your list I’d take the win.

One minor thing that bugs me about my knobwaffle - he always logs into my YouTube for any baby related content. If we need to watch a video of how to I dunno, put the pram together or we pop a sensory video on for little lad he always goes back to settings and changes the profile to me.
So my algorithm is full of baby and new parent stuff. And his gets to remain pure man child gaming content 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Fed is best haha. This would get under my skin, but if it takes one job off your list I’d take the win.

One minor thing that bugs me about my knobwaffle - he always logs into my YouTube for any baby related content. If we need to watch a video of how to I dunno, put the pram together or we pop a sensory video on for little lad he always goes back to settings and changes the profile to me.
So my algorithm is full of baby and new parent stuff. And his gets to remain pure man child gaming content 🙄
The YouTube stuff would bug me. Make sure to create a child friendly netflix or prime in the future so he can't do the same there 😉

Reactions: 2
I always wonder this 😂
I also spend my time wondering how close we'll be when they're older.
Obviously everyone wants to be super close with their kids and presume they will be.
But I'm not close to my mum at all and I was super close with my Dad.
Even now my Dad has passed, I'm still not very close with my Mum.
My best friend is the same with her Mum. Where as my sister is super super close to Mum.

Always makes me wonder. And a little sad 😂
I’m exactly the same. Close with my Dad who has passed, hideous relationship with my mum who hasn’t. I hope Tommy doesn’t feel the way about me, that I do her. But then I like to think I’m not a narcissistic sack of tit so I should be safe 😅🤣

When my Dad used to drop me off at school he used to hold my hand and drag me in skipping (I was a teenager 🤗) and then loudly shout love you. I was mortified but I’d definitely do it to Tommy 🤣🤣🤣 It’s one of my fondest memories now.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think she’s going to hate I’m naked or partially clothed a lot of the time 🤣 she already thinks my nipples are great fun, she’s not even a breastfed baby haha

Reactions: 1
We had such a lovely wedding party yesterday! Thought you’d all like to see the Krispy Kreme tower which was a huuuuge hit!
Ahhh congratulations! So glad it went well. Did you feel amazing? ❤

I could demolish this right now! 🤣

Reactions: 1
My 9yo is already mortified by me 😂 I was working in her school the other day, and she asked me "will people SEE you?" Um well yeah, since I’ll be teaching some of them and not in the cupboard all day😝 She walked past me with her head down when she saw me!

@Dipdab so glad you had a great day! If you’ve any donuts left I will take them off your hands 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 8

My partner does this with Netflix 😑😑
All my suggested stuff is all cartoons 😑

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.