New baby and post birth advice #20 I didn’t choose the pouch life, the pouch life chose me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone I just had my third baby girl yesterday 🥰🥰. We’ve just got home from hospital after being discharged. I had a planned section, my third one. I’m experiencing quite a bit of pain worse than earlier this morning. The midwife did warn me earlier I would most probably feel worse later. I’m absolutely exhausted but beyond besotted and obsessed with my baby girl 🥰🥰.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I get it both ways. My 3yo is in the small side for her age, and I get a lot of comments on that. Both my boys have been on the bigger side as babies, and people always comment oh he’s a good big size/what a big boy/goodness look at the size of him etc.
It’s horrid isn’t it because they don’t know the struggles you may have.
Like mines small because she hates eating 😂 and she was always small in the womb but the eating thing hasn’t helped. She’s 7 months next week and the vest she’s wearing is still 0-3 months. They’ve had some use I tell you!!! 😂😂😂
Though I think she’s had a growth spurt this week as she looks a lot bigger to me. Clearly not to everyone else

Yeah it’s really rude. Like the old woman who’s jaw dropped to the floor a couple weeks back when she asked my partner if our baby was new born and he said no she’s 8 months old. I mean she was pretty clueless, the baby was sitting up alert, babbling and clapping her hands like but come on!

Imagine going up to someone in the shops “look at the size of you, you’re a big lad” or “wow you’re really tiny you” you just wouldn’t do it could you. Why do people think it’s ok to do it to babies. Either tell me how cute my baby is or don’t speak to me haha.
She’s one hell of an advanced new born hey 🙄🙄🙄 again has no idea of your story 😡💕 people don’t think x

Hey everyone I just had my third baby girl yesterday 🥰🥰. We’ve just got home from hospital after being discharged. I had a planned section, my third one. I’m experiencing quite a bit of pain worse than earlier this morning. The midwife did warn me earlier I would most probably feel worse later. I’m absolutely exhausted but beyond besotted and obsessed with my baby girl 🥰🥰.
Hellooo congrats! 💕💕💕 welcome x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Aww huge congratulations!!! Hope the pain settles for you soon. Hope baby girl is doing well too 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I get it both ways. My 3yo is in the small side for her age, and I get a lot of comments on that. Both my boys have been on the bigger side as babies, and people always comment oh he’s a good big size/what a big boy/goodness look at the size of him etc.
I've always had the same!
Everleigh for most of the time has been 10th percentile. Ivy however has always been 99th 😂

Of course then you get the comment comparing the 2 as well!
"Oh wow. She's so much smaller than her sister"
"Oh wow isn't she small. Yet Ivy was so big"
😑
Why do you need to comment on anyones size? Baby or not!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've always had the same!
Everleigh for most of the time has been 10th percentile. Ivy however has always been 99th 😂

Of course then you get the comment comparing the 2 as well!
"Oh wow. She's so much smaller than her sister"
"Oh wow isn't she small. Yet Ivy was so big"
😑
Why do you need to comment on anyones size? Baby or not!
Because all humans are the same size & shape huh

Reactions: 5
It’s horrid isn’t it because they don’t know the struggles you may have.
Like mines small because she hates eating 😂 and she was always small in the womb but the eating thing hasn’t helped. She’s 7 months next week and the vest she’s wearing is still 0-3 months. They’ve had some use I tell you!!! 😂😂😂
Though I think she’s had a growth spurt this week as she looks a lot bigger to me. Clearly not to everyone else
I love all the variation, I think it's amazing! My little boy is 7 weeks old and just going in to 3-6m clothes because he's bloody huge, crazy to think there's like 5 months difference yet they're a similar size!

We get a lot of comments because he's big and I'm pretty petite so a nice double whammy of strangers commenting on how we both look 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Tommy’s 9th percentile and everyone who sees him is like HES SO SMALL IS HE MEETING HIS MILESTONES?!

I’m like duck off Janice, he’s 2 months early ofcourse his weight isn’t typical, what’s your excuse for that lard arse aye? 💀🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Tommy’s 9th percentile and everyone who sees him is like HES SO SMALL IS HE MEETING HIS MILESTONES?!

I’m like duck off Janice, he’s 2 months early ofcourse his weight isn’t typical, what’s your excuse for that lard arse aye? 💀🤣
9th percentile here and she was two weeks late nearly 🤷🏼‍♀️ People need to mind their own

Reactions: 2
Ah thank you for all your lovely birth mark comments - there’s too many to tag / quote you all. I feel better for having a rant about it 😂 today this random Karen in Argos referred to it as a ‘cigarette burn’ and I was just feeling a bit triggered. I don’t smoke and I definitely wouldn’t let my child get a burn on her face either 🙄 my three year old just looked at her and said “it’s her tummy mark, she came out of mummy’s tummy like that” in a real ‘well duh’ tone of voice. If my toddler thinks it’s a dumb question, then yes, it’s a really dumb question.

A photo of my gorgeous little kiss mark just because I love it❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@Borntorun s comment about her toddler just reminded me.
My 4yo in Primark the other day, very loudly went "A baby crawled out of someones bum. I saw it. That was my dream"

👀 Alright 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
We had covid when we was 4 months. Her first symptoms were a lot of snot, she was absolutely boiling, a slight cough and miserable as!!!
i did test her as we were meant to visit a relative who’d been unwell. I did it up the nose when she was very drowsy and still.
get in some baby neurofen.
It took a week or so to calm down x
This is how he is 😬 not promising.

Welcome, and congratulations 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ah thank you for all your lovely birth mark comments - there’s too many to tag / quote you all. I feel better for having a rant about it 😂 today this random Karen in Argos referred to it as a ‘cigarette burn’ and I was just feeling a bit triggered. I don’t smoke and I definitely wouldn’t let my child get a burn on her face either 🙄 my three year old just looked at her and said “it’s her tummy mark, she came out of mummy’s tummy like that” in a real ‘well duh’ tone of voice. If my toddler thinks it’s a dumb question, then yes, it’s a really dumb question.

A photo of my gorgeous little kiss mark just because I love it❤
🥰 🥰
I love how your toddler basically just shut them up.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
@Borntorun s comment about her toddler just reminded me.
My 4yo in Primark the other day, very loudly went "A baby crawled out of someones bum. I saw it. That was my dream"

👀 Alright 😂
I’d planned a homebirth so told my toddler all about how babies come out just in case she was there and awake when baby was born. I taught her the proper words because I don’t really believe in using words like ‘flower’ or whatever instead of vulva. I even showed her a video because she was interested. It was a fun conversation with nursery the week after when she decided to share her new found knowledge of where babies come from 😂🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

For those who have had little ones with covid, what was it like at first?
Little lad has been so unwell the last 24 hours 😭 and his litle raspy breaths are making my mum senses tingle.

Not tested him yet as I can't face it.
I think we were lucky. Baby had covid at about 9 weeks old. Was a bit warm and just slept a lot but otherwise fine. They’re the best nights sleep I’ve had since she’s been born 🙊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
@Trombolese big love to you lady, a massive hug from us all coming your way ❤ We’re all here for you.

Birth mark chat - my youngest has one of those stork birthmarks on the back of his head (very common I think), apparently it means he was kissed by an angel before coming here. Absolutely adore this and it makes me tear up because my beloved grandad and auntie never got to meet him so just makes me feel oddly reassured that they’re ok. @Borntorun I hope your girl is never subject to stupid small minded individuals, she will own it 💪🏼 Don’t listen to absolute idiots.

@Dipdab hope you’re having a wonderful day today and everything has gone to plan 🥰
I've never heard about the kissed by an angel before but little one has a faint birth mark at the top of his forehead. Both our mums aren't here to meet him so his wee birth mark now has a very special meaning. Someone send the tissues 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Has anyone ever said “oh you’re the right size!” to anyone?! Honestly, the general public are infuriating. This is why I hate people

Congratulations!!! Make sure you’re not forgetting your pain relief in all the chaos of newborn and life ❤

This is exactly what I mean. The vet called my dog overweight last week I thought it was a bit rude since she wasn’t very slim herself 😆not quite the same but you get the idea lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thank you for the kind messages 🥰 you’re all bloody great. So glad I have baby T to distract me from all of the crap currently going on, his biggest problem at the moment is the realisation that he cant fit his hands and my boob in his mouth at the same time.

@Borntorun sorry that some people are assholes about your little runners birthmark, I agree with the other posters about just calling them out on it and making them feel like the idiots they are. I have a couple of birthmarks on my body, I was a bit self conscious about them when I was younger but now I love them!

@MrsLucas congrats and welcome to this thread 🥰 Hope the pain eases off for you soon.

• Heart
My notifications haven’t come through all night on here, just caught up
@WhatABore unbelievable! I’d keep the kids up later and busy myself so he couldn’t get near me. Poor mr tango has gotten lucky about 5 times since baby tango arrived. I’ve always said horny people aren’t busy enough 😆 give him some chores/errands, he can start my making his own lunch for work

• Haha
Omggggg the size thing. Grinds. My. Gears. My 3 are big boys, I’m 6ft 1 and my partner is 6ft 4 so it’s not like our children were going to be teeny weeny. They’re also chunks as babies. Like, yes Barbara and Steve who feel the need to comment on everything, I know he’s the size of a 9 month old. Yes I’m sure he’s only 4 months. Yes he was big at birth. No it’s ok I didn’t push him out my vagina. “What are you feeding him” OH JUST PIE AND MASH WITH EXTRA GRAVY EVERY NIGHT NOW WILL YOU MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS.

Good god. In a way I’m glad they’re boys so they wont be subject to the whole “wow you’re big for a girl” but I went to a party today and found myself being like “yeah he’s so big for 4 months isn’t he” as if I needed to justify why he’s big, it’s so weird 🤣🤣🤣 I hate people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I get the big thing with baby elf, freinds, family, random people in shops "oh isn't he big" "gosh how much are you feeding him" oh duck offff he's just the right size for him. He's exactly what he's meant to be. All of our babies are just right for them and thats that.

I also have a strawberry mark on my forehead, when I was born is was bright red but its faded over time. I remember very clearly people commenting when I was a child, but honestly I never felt self conscious about it. Its part of me 🤷🏼‍♀️

Honestly people are idiots, someone somewhere will allways say something about literally anything!!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.