New baby and post birth advice #20 I didn’t choose the pouch life, the pouch life chose me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get it, I literally would rather a bath and cup of tea and sleep then have to touch or talk to any one 😂😂😂

My knob waffle rant is incoming…

does anyone feel that because they’re mum you get asked the stupidest of bleeping questions by your other half?
Should I put a bib on, shall I take her upstairs, should I do this, shall I do that. Do what you bleeping want with her she’s yours too!!?? I literally have to think for every one and it really pisses me off!!!
Any way 😂😂😂

hope @Dipdab is having a fab day x
Omg I came here to post this!! I could’ve written this post. Shall I feed him. Shall I change him. Shall I get his clothes. Please do it without checking 😆. I understand that he may be unsure but sometimes I don’t know either so I’ve started saying do what you think is best. It’s like having another child sometimes 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
We should just rename This to the single mummy club because the knobwaffles are useless 😂 also I read that as you were starving baby shark, and I thought you were a bit out of order 😂
I can offer much when it comes to Mr Shark, but after my meltdown with Mr B on Thursday, things have got better xx
The knob waffles are useless yes! I have told him many times I feel I’d be better off as a single parent…which I know isn’t the nicest thing for me to say but I already feel like one 😫

Ha no chance of starving this baby shark, although you’d think I do the way she grunts and pants at me when she’s hungry 😂

Reactions: 3
My Knobwaffle had the three younger kids (6,3,1) all day today while I was out with my eldest (ice skating party and the theatre - felt very cultured 🤣)

He is absolutely EXHAUSTED now. He even said he was exhausted just doing what I do every day 🤣 (never mind he literally just looked after the kids, I still did all the cleaning and tidying when I got home!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Why do grown adults feel they’re able to comment on my baby’s face?!? “What happened to her?!” “Can’t they do something about that?!”
She has a tiny strawberry birth mark, about the size of a 5p, on her chin. I think it’s adorable and I would never change it. It’s what makes her her. And it’s so cute and it suits her. Just wish random people in public would stop acting like it’s ugly because I love it

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Omg I came here to post this!! I could’ve written this post. Shall I feed him. Shall I change him. Shall I get his clothes. Please do it without checking 😆. I understand that he may be unsure but sometimes I don’t know either so I’ve started saying do what you think is best. It’s like having another child sometimes 🤣
It’s infuriating isn’t it!!!
this morning was does she need a new nappy. Ffs the line is blue so yeah just do it 🤷🏼‍♀️🙄

Why do grown adults feel they’re able to comment on my baby’s face?!? “What happened to her?!” “Can’t they do something about that?!”
She has a tiny strawberry birth mark, about the size of a 5p, on her chin. I think it’s adorable and I would never change it. It’s what makes her her. And it’s so cute and it suits her. Just wish random people in public would stop acting like it’s ugly because I love it
What is wrong with people ☹😡

Reactions: 2
I really don’t understand how adults think it’s ok to make comments like that! What dickheads.

Baby Goss has quite a big birthmark on her leg, a dark brown one. I think it’s gorgeous but I’m worried she’s going to be very self conscious as she gets older. The doctor said it could continue to get bigger and darker but they won’t know how big. I feel a bit embarrassed to admit this but I have looked into laser removal, not because I think there’s anything wrong with it but because I’m worried about her not liking it when she’s growing up, or kids commenting on it. Same as you, I’ve had friends and family members that have made a big thing like “oh wow I didn’t realise her birth mark was that big!” which doesn’t help.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They would never dream of saying it to another adult so why do they say it to a baby😔

How can people be so unbelievably thoughtless? Honestly if anyone asks you again “what happened to her?” I would either say “sorry what do you mean?” And force them to explain themselves (quite often people then don’t as they realise just what a dick they are being) or I would say “nothing. What happened to you?”
And I swear to the lord if someone ever dared with “can’t they do something about that?” It would be something along the lines of “yes, sadly they can’t do anything about your rudeness though”.
Don’t let them get away with it. I imagine many people don’t even think they are being rude but when they hear it back at them it’s a different story.

I really don’t understand how adults think it’s ok to make comments like that! What dickheads.

Baby Goss has quite a big birthmark on her leg, a dark brown one. I think it’s gorgeous but I’m worried she’s going to be very self conscious as she gets older. The doctor said it could continue to get bigger and darker but they won’t know how big. I feel a bit embarrassed to admit this but I have looked into laser removal, not because I think there’s anything wrong with it but because I’m worried about her not liking it when she’s growing up, or kids commenting on it. Same as you, I’ve had friends and family members that have made a big thing like “oh wow I didn’t realise her birth mark was that big!” which doesn’t help.
❤❤ don’t be embarrassed by having looked in to laser removal. It’s not because you’re ashamed of her birth mark or think it’s something to hide, but because you’ve already suffered at the hands of other peoples ignorance and want to protect her from the same

• Heart
I have a huge fear of disappointing people.
Even though he has never said he's disappointed or acted any way on the rare time I have said no in the 10 years we've been together 😂
But I still refuse to say no, just incase 😂
So it's my own fault really 😂

I never used to make his lunches for work. Until I heard his mum bitching about his brothers girlfriend and the fact she doesn't make his lunches. Even though she works more than him 😂
So now I feel I need to or I'll get bitched about 😂
he’s truly lucky to have you 💖

Reactions: 5
This angers me so much. My sister has a large birthmark on her leg, she was relentlessly bullied for it as it grew extra hair because of the increased melatonin. She had it removed by laser when she was 14. Fortunately for her the pigmentation started to come back and she now absolutely loves it an embraces it.
I bleeping hate people.
Its what makes her, her people should jog on!!

Don't remove it! Teach her to love and embrace it! They are so beautiful! I was always jealous of my sisters, my parents told her it was a kiss from a lost loved one when she was born. Even now at 30, now I know what a birth mark is, the child inside of me is still jealous 😂

Sisters birthmark for reference a rare photo from her 18th, she used to always cover it. This was when the pigmentation started to reappear

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Omg how dare they, how can they think thats an acceptable thing to do. I want to ask them can they do anything to “fix” their faces or their tit personalities. Pricks. I bet baby run in utterly adorable with her strawberry. My baby has one on the back of her head.

Wow we are having a major battle tonight. Me Vs baby. Baby is winning’

• Heart
How can people be so unbelievably thoughtless? Honestly if anyone asks you again “what happened to her?” I would either say “sorry what do you mean?” And force them to explain themselves (quite often people then don’t as they realise just what a dick they are being) or I would say “nothing. What happened to you?”
And I swear to the lord if someone ever dared with “can’t they do something about that?” It would be something along the lines of “yes, sadly they can’t do anything about your rudeness though”.
Don’t let them get away with it. I imagine many people don’t even think they are being rude but when they hear it back at them it’s a different story.

❤❤ don’t be embarrassed by having looked in to laser removal. It’s not because you’re ashamed of her birth mark or think it’s something to hide, but because you’ve already suffered at the hands of other peoples ignorance and want to protect her from the same
My BIL has a huge birth mark, my mum has a port wine stain and I have a medium sized on on my shin. Kinda looks like a bruise until I get a tan. It’s your individual mark and literally shouldn’t bother anyone and nor should anyone comment on it. It’s just pathetic, it’s a birth mark so what 🤷🏼‍♀️
little cat has a stork mark on her eye lid, not sure if that’s her birth mark or not.

edit to add I’ve just remembered a cousin of mine had a strawberry on his forehead. It was so cute

I love birthmarks, like fingerprints they are unique and part of that person and become their story.
I'm truly jealous I don't have one, all I have is a genetic defect which is a really small hole above my ear, apparently everyone had them many years ago, they were "gills" but evolution and all that stuff, I'm stuck being part fish😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love birthmarks, like fingerprints they are unique and part of that person and become their story.
I'm truly jealous I don't have one, all I have is a genetic defect which is a really small hole above my ear, apparently everyone had them many years ago, they were "gills" but evolution and all that stuff, I'm stuck being part fish😂
Oooh I’ve heard of them! That’s so cool. Everyone will have some unique feature! Maybe you were a mermaid in a previous life 😂

i know it’s not on the same scale of comments but I get so many about how small little cat is. I know, she is tiny for her age.
You wouldn’t comment if she was a whopper (well maybe some one would) but I get it alllll the time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Oooh I’ve heard of them! That’s so cool. Everyone will have some unique feature! Maybe you were a mermaid in a previous life 😂

i know it’s not on the same scale of comments but I get so many about how small little cat is. I know, she is tiny for her age.
You wouldn’t comment if she was a whopper (well maybe some one would) but I get it alllll the time.
I HATE people who think it's okay to skinny shame anyone be it babies, children or adults.
You're not allowed to fat shame? So why is it OK to call someone out because their petite? Excuse my French, but these people are Wankers!

• Heart
For those who have had little ones with covid, what was it like at first?
Little lad has been so unwell the last 24 hours 😭 and his litle raspy breaths are making my mum senses tingle.

Not tested him yet as I can't face it.

• Heart
  • Sad
@Trombolese big love to you lady, a massive hug from us all coming your way ❤ We’re all here for you.

Birth mark chat - my youngest has one of those stork birthmarks on the back of his head (very common I think), apparently it means he was kissed by an angel before coming here. Absolutely adore this and it makes me tear up because my beloved grandad and auntie never got to meet him so just makes me feel oddly reassured that they’re ok. @Borntorun I hope your girl is never subject to stupid small minded individuals, she will own it 💪🏼 Don’t listen to absolute idiots.

@Dipdab hope you’re having a wonderful day today and everything has gone to plan 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I get it both ways. My 3yo is in the small side for her age, and I get a lot of comments on that. Both my boys have been on the bigger side as babies, and people always comment oh he’s a good big size/what a big boy/goodness look at the size of him etc.

• Sad
  • Heart

Yeah it’s really rude. Like the old woman who’s jaw dropped to the floor a couple weeks back when she asked my partner if our baby was new born and he said no she’s 8 months old. I mean she was pretty clueless, the baby was sitting up alert, babbling and clapping her hands like but come on!

I get it both ways. My 3yo is in the small side for her age, and I get a lot of comments on that. Both my boys have been on the bigger side as babies, and people always comment oh he’s a good big size/what a big boy/goodness look at the size of him etc.
Imagine going up to someone in the shops “look at the size of you, you’re a big lad” or “wow you’re really tiny you” you just wouldn’t do it could you. Why do people think it’s ok to do it to babies. Either tell me how cute my baby is or don’t speak to me haha.

• Heart
For those who have had little ones with covid, what was it like at first?
Little lad has been so unwell the last 24 hours 😭 and his litle raspy breaths are making my mum senses tingle.

Not tested him yet as I can't face it.
We had covid when we was 4 months. Her first symptoms were a lot of snot, she was absolutely boiling, a slight cough and miserable as!!!
i did test her as we were meant to visit a relative who’d been unwell. I did it up the nose when she was very drowsy and still.
get in some baby neurofen.
It took a week or so to calm down x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.