Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
You can get vouchers for a food company called “cook” all microwave/oven ready meals. ☺
ETA: just seen this has already been mentioned 🙈
Yes thank you, I think I'm going to go for this option. They've got lots to choose from. Looks perfect. Thanks everyone x

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I had my debrief at the hospital. It was me, my partner, a very senior obstetrician and a senior midwife. The dr asked me to run through my version of events and answered all questions I had. She explained their reasons for their actions (they weren’t defensive), they were very apologetic (I think they’re bricking it incase I take it further) and did actually help provide me with information and answers I didn’t know. I did get quite emotional but they were very understanding.

I asked to see my notes and I was allowed to read them at my own pace in a private room while I was feeding my baby. As an FYI, if you request to see your notes, they’re obliged to let you read them! Reading them helped make me piece things together and understand what happened as I was totally out of it at the time. Turns out my c-section under general anaesthetic was 3 minutes from start to finish (8:35 put under GA, 8:37 cut me open, 8:38 baby out) which I didn’t know!

I should also be hearing the response back from PALS about my complaint re: horrific postnatal care I received soon. The midwife there asked for further clarification about some of my complaints so they could tell off the right people.

One thing that pissed me off though is that they said the old ‘at least he’s here and healthy that’s all that matters’ and I said he’s probably my first and last and the dr was like ‘oh no! Have as many as you can! He brings you such joy it would be a shame not to have more! Give it a year!’ 😬 She also said she would personally do my next csection and make sure everything is ok.
I’m glad you feel it went well overall, and they were able to give you more clarification around everything that happened. Do you feel in any way better (if that’s the right word? Lighter maybe?) for having had the appointment?

mg89

Chatty Member
Hi everyone, shimmy-ing over here from the pregnancy thread 👋🏼
My little girl was born 7 days early on 26th Aug
Recovering from a semi emergency section… just wondered when you all ventured out for a little walk? I know we’re all different but I have a habit of pushing myself so wondered what is ‘normal’ !?
Congratulations!
I had a semi emergency section too.. I got home on the Wednesday and ventured out on the Friday for a very short walk. I remember it did make me feel very tired but was glad to get some fresh air, even if it was end of December and freezing!

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Oooh yes definitely keep going then! What was she on before? We found the same, he would have little and often of cow and gate but now goes 3-4 hours on kendamil. I’m convinced it’s cause c&g was made with skimmed milk whereas this one is full. The subscription is great too, literally don’t need to think about running out at all!
We used aptamil which I think might have been the same! This one smells a lot nicer too compared to other formulas I think! I'd never heard of it before but kept seeing people recently rave about it, so glad I did now 🙂

Hairraiser

VIP Member
As you said, he won't know any different. And that's the main thing to think about.
No different to people with siblings can't picture being an only child, because they know no different 😊

He'll grow up knowing how wanted and loved he is and that is the most important thing!
Yeah you’re absolutely right
We have so many photos of when he was a 3 day old embryo and up until now, I’ve put them all in an album for him. I can’t wait to show him
How he was made

I know increasing numbers of people who are choosing (and so lucky to be able to have that choice ❤) do only have one child, for lots of reasons. I think having siblings is great, but I honestly don’t think any “only” children will be at all disadvantaged in life. Possibly the opposite! My cousin grew up with no siblings and she is so mature, intelligent, and has such a sensible head on her shoulders. Sometimes she makes me feel like the child (she’s 18, I’m 35 🤣)
❤❤❤

@Hairraiser my boy is probably going to be an only child out of choice. I was very lucky to get pregnant quite easily but I just don’t think I can go through the ordeal of a birth again. My partner is also adamant that this is it and seems to think siblings cause more harm than good (I think he’s triggered by his own childhood 😂) but we’re sure it won’t be detrimental to him growing up. He sounds like a very lucky boy to have such caring and loving parents!
Aw thank you so much you’re very kind. And the same to you , it’s not all bad being an only child

I have a 3 year old and 3 month old too. Well, nearly 4 month old!

A lot of people recommend body shops ginger shampoo. In my mind it won't work because your hairs bulked up and thickened during pregnancy from hormones and once those hormones have gone, it has to come out 😂
It's hard isn't it! I feel so shattered all the time, my daughter will be starting going to nursery in a few weeks with the extra hours she gets from the government and I can't wait for the house to be a bit more peaceful during the day at least.

I might just start taking a well woman type vitamin tbh because my skin has taken a turn for the worst too. I think you're right, hair loss etc will happen post partem not much we can do.

Gilmoregirl18

Went to a mother and baby group today, well mother and 0-5 group because of the summer holidays and fuck me, it was the worst thing ever. 😂 I was the only person there with an actual baby, everyone else had toddlers. It was absolute chaos and so noisy, my baby kept jumping. At one point, I was playing with my baby on the floor and a random child just sat on my lap to play with a toy. 😂 They all came over as well to look at the baby but I was so scared one of them was gonna throw a toy at him.

I felt rude but left after half hour, and a really nice lady who works there noticed and followed me out asking if I was leaving, she signed me up to a group with more babies next week.

But if that was my first experience at a group I’d have been put off for life! And as boring as newborns are, I don’t want my little baby to become a toddler now. 😅
Hey, I think your quite local to me, where abouts do you go to the baby groups? I am looking for one for me and my daughter, thank you xx

moimoi

VIP Member
Thanks ladies, I think I will go down this route then I feel numb and in shock at the moment and seems like this may help. everything just went drastically wrong so quickly I knew somthing wasn't right I was begging for an emergency c section but they wouldn't listen to me, I was passing out it was so hot in the room and no fans because of covid!! keep it short my little girl got her shoulders stuck, cord wrapped round her neck and had to be resusitated, there was so many people in the room dragging her out of me I just can't believe this happened I feel silly because she's safe and okay now but everytime I think about it I cry 🙈
Goodness, that sounds awful. You’re not silly for feeling the way you feel at all, you went through something awfully traumatic and please don’t let anyone make you think otherwise!

I still can’t believe you weren’t allowed any fans, absolutely disgusting and inhumane in this heat. I would 100% put in a formal complaint through PALS too. My DMs are open too if you want to vent or anything!

Pandapops82

Yaaay i can now be on this thread as a new mum! 🥰 my wee girl arrived on Saturday after a pretty quick labour and delivery, she's just perfect, although quite mucosy and quite sick (reflux?!) After feeding 😔 midwife supposed to be coming today...helpful when they don't give you a time though isn't it 🙄
Also does anyone have any remedies for chapped bleeding nipples? Nipple cream doesn't touch them, they got so bad yesterday I had to start pumping but the wee break has made it a bit more bearable today.
She's got tongue tie but because she can still latch they won't do much apparently!
My midwife recommended smothering my nipples in Lansinoh cream and then cling filming your boobs, it worked wonders for my very cracked bleeding nipples at the start 💗

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Thanks ladies, I think I will go down this route then I feel numb and in shock at the moment and seems like this may help. everything just went drastically wrong so quickly I knew somthing wasn't right I was begging for an emergency c section but they wouldn't listen to me, I was passing out it was so hot in the room and no fans because of covid!! keep it short my little girl got her shoulders stuck, cord wrapped round her neck and had to be resusitated, there was so many people in the room dragging her out of me I just can't believe this happened I feel silly because she's safe and okay now but everytime I think about it I cry 🙈
Oh babe don’t feel silly at all, that sounds like a really scary thing to go through! I’ve not accessed any help but like the others have said, I’m sure it’ll be a great help to speak to someone about it. Are you still in hospital now or have you been discharged? Sending lots of love xx

Nursty

VIP Member
Just popping in from the pregnancy thread to ask if any of you used the always discreet pants PP? I've got a pack in my hospital bag but I'm worried about them not being absorbent enough and if I should just stick to normal maternity towels and big knickers? Thank you!

OIM

Those who have had more than one baby…
Does the desire to have a 2nd one so soon after your first go away?

I’ve posted previously about my situation (1st baby via Nhs funded IVF, I’m infertile so unable to have any more children)
For me it definitely went away from around 12 months to 2 yrs then I wanted the second again!

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Does anybody have any recommendations on baby carriers? We had the ergo baby embrace which I loved but baby is too heavy for it now (11kg) so looking to upgrade. We thought we’d managed without one but we love walking in the Peak District and there’s only so many pram friendly walks I can repeat 😂

I’ve been looking at the ergo baby omni 360 carrier, but if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great so I can compare ☺
Tula free to grow 😊 I’m using it with my almost 4mo and it will last until at least 2 (i then have a toddler Tula). Don’t get a standard Tula yet, as they say they do from 15lbs but realistically they are so wide in the base they don’t properly fit til around 9 months. Whereas the free to grow is adjustable.
Love me a Tula 🤣

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Also graduating from the pregnancy thread! My birth story:

Baby girl arrived at 40+5 weighing 7lbs 14oz (after being told she would be over 10lbs according to growth scans!)

Not going to sugar coat it but my labour was terrible. Had to be induced and pessary made me hyper stimulate (who knew you could contract too much?!) so they took it out. Was put on the hormone drip the next day and within 3 hours my contractions were every 2-3 minutes but I was only 3cm dilated. Had an epidural after 5 hours of non stop contracting because I just couldn’t cope with the pain and lack of time in between the contractions to recover. Having an epidural was the decision I ever made. Dilated from 4cm to 10cm in 4 hours but after an hour pushing didn’t get anywhere despite her head being so low I could actually touch it with my fingers! Doctor came in and said we had to go to theatre for emergency forceps as she was back to back, by this point the epidural had worn off and I was in absolute agony. Turned out baby wasn’t back to back but was in distress so glad that I went to theatre.

Although it was traumatic, the theatre experience was amazing and the staff were so lovely. Ended up with a third degree tear and a lot of blood loss but baby girl is here safe and sound and that’s all that matters!
Congratulations!!! That must have been bloody agony, bless you! I’m glad the epidural helped, even if it did start to wear off 🙈 are you at home now or still in hospital?
sendung lots of love 🤗

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Re hair loss: I use the body shop ginger shampoo all the time and I haven’t ever noticed excessive hair loss post partum. I have thick hair and lose loads all the time, definitely not more after having a baby so maybe something in the shampoo working? I dunno!

just back hone after 7.5hrs travel with the 4 kids 😬😬 they were all so good though, and we are home now thank heavens 🙌🏻 They are all full of beans and I’m knackered!
I salute you for doing that with 4 kids! Hope you
Had a lovely time away ☺

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Sorry if this is a really stupid question but FTM here, but when do you start tummy time like on a play mat etc? I put him on his front when I law him on my chest, just wondering so I can know when to buy a play mat for him.

CrimeJunkie

Ladies do any of you have any tips on how to help constipation? My little one is 11 days old and think she’s struggling with it 🙁 I’ve tried bicycle legs and tummy massage but doesn’t seem to have helped!