New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yaaay i can now be on this thread as a new mum! 🥰 my wee girl arrived on Saturday after a pretty quick labour and delivery, she's just perfect, although quite mucosy and quite sick (reflux?!) After feeding 😔 midwife supposed to be coming today...helpful when they don't give you a time though isn't it 🙄
Also does anyone have any remedies for chapped bleeding nipples? Nipple cream doesn't touch them, they got so bad yesterday I had to start pumping but the wee break has made it a bit more bearable today.
She's got tongue tie but because she can still latch they won't do much apparently!
Is her sick a lot?
I've always found my kids spit up quite a bit after and during feeds but I'm not sure how much is normal

Reactions: 3
Hi, I'm just popping in from the pregnancy thread. 👋
30 weeks today and I've suddenly realised oh god I have to have this baby soon and started to freak.
Anyway, I came to ask if any of you did any online hypnobirthing courses that you would recommend? Thank you!
I gave birth in January and I didn’t do any courses on hypnobirthing just read free resources and watched. Hundreds of YouTube videos!!

I had the most amazing, calm, natural birth and I didn’t need any stitches (I tore a tiny bit but so little it healed naturally)

I was so chilled during labour the midwives said you wouldn’t of thought I was a FTM. So you definitely don’t need to pay to do a course.

I also made my own birhh the affirmation cards with my child’s name on and stuck them around the room!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any bouncer recommendations? Bought one of those ridiculous 4moms and she screams every time I put her in it 🙄😂 not sure whether to persevere as she’s still so young she might just not enjoy it yet or whether it’s the bouncer she doesn’t like!

Does anyone have any bouncer recommendations? Bought one of those ridiculous 4moms and she screams every time I put her in it 🙄😂 not sure whether to persevere as she’s still so young she might just not enjoy it yet or whether it’s the bouncer she doesn’t like!
We’ve got a Joie Dreamer which she’s loved up till now where she doesn’t want to be contained. We’ve also got the Joie mechanical swing one you can twist and take off which she’s ok in but less interested than you’d think

Reactions: 1
Yaaay i can now be on this thread as a new mum! 🥰 my wee girl arrived on Saturday after a pretty quick labour and delivery, she's just perfect, although quite mucosy and quite sick (reflux?!) After feeding 😔 midwife supposed to be coming today...helpful when they don't give you a time though isn't it 🙄
Also does anyone have any remedies for chapped bleeding nipples? Nipple cream doesn't touch them, they got so bad yesterday I had to start pumping but the wee break has made it a bit more bearable today.
She's got tongue tie but because she can still latch they won't do much apparently!
My midwife recommended smothering my nipples in Lansinoh cream and then cling filming your boobs, it worked wonders for my very cracked bleeding nipples at the start 💗

My midwife recommended smothering my nipples in Lansinoh cream and then cling filming your boobs, it worked wonders for my very cracked bleeding nipples at the start 💗
I’ve been thinking of you as I remember us being so close! I hope everything’s been ok with you and baby?

• Heart
I’ve been thinking of you as I remember us being so close! I hope everything’s been ok with you and baby?
Aww thank you! How are you doing?! Hows your little one? Life has been so manic I rarely find the time to stalk now days let alone post! We are really well thank you, I had a third degree tear but luckily the healing process wasn't too bad at all for me. Breast feeding unfortunately didn't work out for us, the first two weeks were so tough as I kept pressuring myself to keep trying, despite midwives coming daily and confirming baby couldn't grasp the latch. I swapped to exclusively breast pumping every two hours, but got mastitis when I finally decided to take the pressure off and swap to formula. Baby is so happy and thriving, can't believes it's already been nearly 9 weeks! X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Aww thank you! How are you doing?! Hows your little one? Life has been so manic I rarely find the time to stalk now days let alone post! We are really well thank you, I had a third degree tear but luckily the healing process wasn't too bad at all for me. Breast feeding unfortunately didn't work out for us, the first two weeks were so tough as I kept pressuring myself to keep trying, despite midwives coming daily and confirming baby couldn't grasp the latch. I swapped to exclusively breast pumping every two hours, but got mastitis when I finally decided to take the pressure off and swap to formula. Baby is so happy and thriving, can't believes it's already been nearly 9 weeks! X
I’ve had a few breakdowns over breastfeeding, it’s so difficult and there is so much pressure (we probably put it on ourselves more than anyone though!) but I’ve seen a couple breastfeeding support people to help and we’re still hanging in there. Sorry to hear you got mastitis, the last two days I’ve had a temperature, vomited today, and my right boob gets a little swollen so I’m hoping it’s not mastitis!! 😬 And good on you for trying to exclusively express, I really wish I could but I struggle to pump! You sound like you’re doing an amazing job and as long as baby is fed and happy, who cares. 🙂 Baby isn’t gonna remember if they were breastfed or on formula!

Other than breastfeeding, the first couple of weeks were pretty rough due to the trauma of the birth (them cutting his cheek!!!) and recovering from the csection. But his cheek is healing so well, he’ll be left with a couple of small scars but hopefully will fade more as he gets older. He’s a happy yet needy boy otherwise!

8 week jabs on Friday which I’m not ready for!!! 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Other than breastfeeding, the first couple of weeks were pretty rough due to the trauma of the birth (them cutting his cheek!!!) and recovering from the csection. But his cheek is healing so well, he’ll be left with a couple of small scars but hopefully will fade more as he gets older.
I’be no idea how it works in babies and I say because you say ‘hopefully’ re the scar fading, but I’ve used silicone patches on my csection scar and it’s all but gone. They’ve worked unbelievably well. It’s just like a squishy plaster you cut to size and is reusable. It may be worth looking at if you feel it might benefit

I’be no idea how it works in babies and I say because you say ‘hopefully’ re the scar fading, but I’ve used silicone patches on my csection scar and it’s all but gone. They’ve worked unbelievably well. It’s just like a squishy plaster you cut to size and is reusable. It may be worth looking at if you feel it might benefit
Hi
These sounds great, do you have a link or brand that you used? Having an elective soon x

The plastic surgery team have recommended a silicone gel to put on when he’s 6 months to help so you’re definitely on to something!

Hi
These sounds great, do you have a link or brand that you used? Having an elective soon x
We’ve been recommended Kelocote for my boy’s scars, really pricy but the reviews are great.

I’ve had a few breakdowns over breastfeeding, it’s so difficult and there is so much pressure (we probably put it on ourselves more than anyone though!) but I’ve seen a couple breastfeeding support people to help and we’re still hanging in there. Sorry to hear you got mastitis, the last two days I’ve had a temperature, vomited today, and my right boob gets a little swollen so I’m hoping it’s not mastitis!! 😬 And good on you for trying to exclusively express, I really wish I could but I struggle to pump! You sound like you’re doing an amazing job and as long as baby is fed and happy, who cares. 🙂 Baby isn’t gonna remember if they were breastfed or on formula!

Other than breastfeeding, the first couple of weeks were pretty rough due to the trauma of the birth (them cutting his cheek!!!) and recovering from the csection. But his cheek is healing so well, he’ll be left with a couple of small scars but hopefully will fade more as he gets older. He’s a happy yet needy boy otherwise!

8 week jabs on Friday which I’m not ready for!!! 😬
That's exactly it! Before I gave birth I kept saying 'if it doesn't work out, I'll go to formula no problem' but of course the reality is the overwhelming guilt, thanks to all the hormones! You're doing so amazing, oh gosh so sorry to hear about your sons cut cheek! That is so awful, I really hope you're well, I can't imagine how tough birth trauma must be. I don't know if you can private message on Tattle but if it is possible, feel free anytime to message me for a vent or a chat if you need to 💗 xx

• Heart
My little one hated his till he was about 2 months old! We just got a cheap joie one for about 35-40 quid and he loves it now

Hi

These were what I used, still use if it itches or feels tight. So cheap I thought ‘nothing to lose’ but they worked, you can get more expensive ones though. I had a thick, keloid I think, bit at one end that was raised but it’s all flat now.

I don’t know if want one wants to see this but… 🙈 The bottom pic is with the flash and the top for context in relation to the tummy. In reality it’s not much more noticeable than the marks from my shorts
B2C7CD87-347D-4A73-9FBA-4DAA50AAC5C6.jpeg

Another tip is to pick up a boxes of ibuprofen and paracetamol now when you see them so you’ve plenty for after, otherwise you need to go to a pharmacy to buy a box bigger than 16 which may not be easy when recovering. I didn’t know I’d need them so had to go to Morrison’s on the way home from hospital, then to only be allowed 16 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
These were what I used, still use if it itches or feels tight. So cheap I thought ‘nothing to lose’ but they worked, you can get more expensive ones though. I had a thick, keloid I think, bit at one end that was raised but it’s all flat now.

I don’t know if want one wants to see this but… 🙈 The bottom pic is with the flash and the top for context in relation to the tummy. In reality it’s not much more noticeable than the marks from my shorts View attachment 671606

Another tip is to pick up a boxes of ibuprofen and paracetamol now when you see them so you’ve plenty for after, otherwise you need to go to a pharmacy to buy a box bigger than 16 which may not be easy when recovering. I didn’t know I’d need them so had to go to Morrison’s on the way home from hospital, then to only be allowed 16 🙄
Thank you! It’s always helpful to see real bodies after birth and esp with a product recommendation, thank you! X

That's exactly it! Before I gave birth I kept saying 'if it doesn't work out, I'll go to formula no problem' but of course the reality is the overwhelming guilt, thanks to all the hormones! You're doing so amazing, oh gosh so sorry to hear about your sons cut cheek! That is so awful, I really hope you're well, I can't imagine how tough birth trauma must be. I don't know if you can private message on Tattle but if it is possible, feel free anytime to message me for a vent or a chat if you need to 💗 xx
I tried to message you the other week to see how you were getting on but I don’t think you’ve got your messages open. I think you need to go into your privacy settings. But same here, my messages are always open! 😊x

I tried to message you the other week to see how you were getting on but I don’t think you’ve got your messages open. I think you need to go into your privacy settings. But same here, my messages are always open! 😊x
Oops didn't even know that was a thing! Thank you, I'll change it now xxx

• Heart
Is her sick a lot?
I've always found my kids spit up quite a bit after and during feeds but I'm not sure how much is normal
It was quite alot, although today doesn't seem as much. The midwife came today and she was sick when she was here and she said it was normal. Apparently if you have a fast delivery you're more likely to have a mucosy baby 🤷‍♀️
Will try this thanks 😊

@Chickenandgravy as well the silver cups, express a little milk on to you nips as much as you can, and let them air out as much as possible.
Will try these too thanks!

It was quite alot, although today doesn't seem as much. The midwife came today and she was sick when she was here and she said it was normal. Apparently if you have a fast delivery you're more likely to have a mucosy baby 🤷‍♀️

Will try this thanks 😊

Will try these too thanks!
Yeah I was going to say this too that I've heard that's a thing that they're quite mucosy if it's fast!
Hopefully she gets a bit better soon!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.