New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This heat. šŸ˜­ Iā€™ve been in the bedroom all day with my boy and two tower fans on as itā€™s the coolest room in the house (still 30 degrees!!), his temperature seems to be ok at the minute (37) but has slept for the past four hours and had a couple feeds in-between.

Reactions: 4
This heat. šŸ˜­ Iā€™ve been in the bedroom all day with my boy and two tower fans on as itā€™s the coolest room in the house (still 30 degrees!!), his temperature seems to be ok at the minute (37) but has slept for the past four hours and had a couple feeds in-between.
Iā€™m at my in laws, whose house is uncomfortably hot all the time, even in winter, and when we get these hot days itā€™s unbearable šŸ„µšŸ„µšŸ„µ the wee man has been very unhappy all day. And we are all sticky and sweaty when Iā€™m feeding him, and itā€™s generally not nice at all, is it?

Also, babywearing in this heat šŸ‘ŽšŸ»šŸ‘ŽšŸ»šŸ‘ŽšŸ» By the time we got back this morning I was dripping with sweat. And also sunburnt either side of the Tula straps šŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 2
Our house is the opposite. We have the hot water pipes running under the floor in our room.
The baby monitor in out bedroom currently says 39 šŸ˜‘
Luckily the living room is a bit cooler!
I hate the heat šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Oh god itā€™s been awful šŸ˜­ I swear I havenā€™t stopped feeding all day, she naps for about 3 minutes and then wakes up hot and uncomfortable and wanting feeding again šŸ˜­ hasnā€™t been so bad the last few days so Iā€™m not sure what weā€™ve done differently today to have such a grouchy baby šŸ˜¬

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Our house is the opposite. We have the hot water pipes running under the floor in our room.
I hate the heat šŸ˜‚
Oh god, 39! Our living room directly faces the sun so itā€™s like a fiery furnace in there at the minute.

Iā€™m at my in laws, whose house is uncomfortably hot all the time, even in winter, and when we get these hot days itā€™s unbearable šŸ„µšŸ„µšŸ„µ the wee man has been very unhappy all day. And we are all sticky and sweaty when Iā€™m feeding him, and itā€™s generally not nice at all, is it?

Also, babywearing in this heat šŸ‘ŽšŸ»šŸ‘ŽšŸ»šŸ‘ŽšŸ» By the time we got back this morning I was dripping with sweat. And also sunburnt either side of the Tula straps šŸ™ˆ
Donā€™t envy you one bit! Couldnā€™t imagine baby wearing in this weather, feel so bad for them, hopefully a cool bath will help later on.

Hope it cools down for his 8 week jabs on Friday. šŸ˜¬

Those who have had more than one babyā€¦
Does the desire to have a 2nd one so soon after your first go away?

Iā€™ve posted previously about my situation (1st baby via Nhs funded IVF, Iā€™m infertile so unable to have any more children)

• Heart

Iā€™ve posted previously about my situation (1st baby via Nhs funded IVF, Iā€™m infertile so unable to have any more children)
I can honestly say I never had the desire straight afterwards, I hear so many people talk about it but never felt it myself. I do know now that Iā€™m ā€œdoneā€ and donā€™t want any more kids, I havenā€™t ever felt that way before.

I wish I had some advice for you. Youā€™ve spoken about your journey to motherhood, and itā€™s clear how important having a family is to you x

I hate the heat šŸ˜‚
I also hate the heat. And I hate direct sunlight šŸ¤£ I hide in the shady spots

I can honestly say I never had the desire straight afterwards, I hear so many people talk about it but never felt it myself. I do know now that Iā€™m ā€œdoneā€ and donā€™t want any more kids, I havenā€™t ever felt that way before.

I wish I had some advice for you. Youā€™ve spoken about your journey to motherhood, and itā€™s clear how important having a family is to you x

I also hate the heat. And I hate direct sunlight šŸ¤£ I hide in the shady spots
Itā€™s getting to the point now where I canā€™t even look at a pregnant woman if I see one, or any pregnancy/birth announcements online

I get a few hours to myself this evening for a bath & pamper while hubby has the baby. And Iā€™m sitting in the bath just crying at photos of him as a newborn. Iā€™m so so so desperate to do it all again .
I feel bad for my boy as Iā€™m just completely overwhelmed by these feelings and Iā€™m worried Iā€™m not giving him the attention he needs

• Heart
Reactions: 9
ok so the car journey to my mums went fine šŸ˜‚ donā€™t really know why I was panicking. Weā€™ve managed with the heat pretty well but I found if he felt a bit sticky I put a damp Muslin on his legs/tummy/forehead and he seemed to love it.

Itā€™s getting to the point now where I canā€™t even look at a pregnant woman if I see one, or any pregnancy/birth announcements online

I get a few hours to myself this evening for a bath & pamper while hubby has the baby. And Iā€™m sitting in the bath just crying at photos of him as a newborn. Iā€™m so so so desperate to do it all again .
I feel bad for my boy as Iā€™m just completely overwhelmed by these feelings and Iā€™m worried Iā€™m not giving him the attention he needs
Bless you donā€™t feel bad! Honestly, I think for some women itā€™s totally normal to feel like this. Have you spoken to your husband about it? What does he say? Would a privately funded ivf be something you could look into in the future or is it off the cards completely? Sorry hope you donā€™t mind me asking. I hope you enjoyed your pamper evening, Iā€™m very jealous šŸ˜†

• Heart

In one way I think grieving for the loss of having more children is really quite natural. Itā€™s not your choice, you have every right to be devastated about it, and to feel sad youā€™ll never get those newborn days again.

But I would be worried that youā€™ve used the words ā€œoverwhelmed by feelingsā€, because to me that would be a red flag to watch out for a friendā€™s mental health. I am absolutely confident you are an amazing mum, and that your little boy is getting 100% of you. But I would worry for you that this could lead to something more serious - PND. Please keep an eye on yourself, and talk to someone trusted about how you feel and ask them to keep an eye on you as well.

Reactions: 4

I think these feelings your having are important and it's good for you to feel that way!
You're grieving.
Yes you have a little boy. But you're grieving the idea of never having another one and I think that's completely normal. Especially when that isn't a choice you made yourself!
Don't feel bad in the slightest!
Your feelings are completely valid.
Have you got somebody you can share your feelings with? Even your partner?

It may be a good idea to talk to a health visitor or doctor and get some help or at least someone to talk it through with as what you're feeling is completely understandable! ā¤

I think these feelings your having are important and it's good for you to feel that way!
You're grieving.
Yes you have a little boy. But you're grieving the idea of never having another one and I think that's completely normal. Especially when that isn't a choice you made yourself!
Don't feel bad in the slightest!
Your feelings are completely valid.
Have you got somebody you can share your feelings with? Even your partner?

It may be a good idea to talk to a health visitor or doctor and get some help or at least someone to talk it through with as what you're feeling is completely understandable! ā¤
Thank you for your lovely reply

itā€™s nice to talk to others who are recently new mums themselves , I donā€™t ever feel judged here which is lovely šŸ˜Š
Itā€™s difficult to get my nearest and dearest to understand how Iā€™m feeling, and I get quite upset if someone says something I donā€™t like.

My husband is really supportive, but I find he doesnā€™t understand the female mind and our need to nurture and procreate. He says he gets it, but I can tell heā€™s just as confused as I am šŸ¤£

Iā€™ve tried to reach out to birth reflections at my hospital, to no avail. They only have an answer machine
And Iā€™ve contacted birth trauma association, they are good but again only able to speak to someone via email.
I was told by my GP I must try these before I am referred to further help.
but I think I need that further help sooner rather than later, I feel like Iā€™m fighting everyday with these feelings.
I feel guilty at times also as there are so many I have befriended over Instagram still trying to get their babies, i should be grateful

• Heart

Initially I felt Iā€™d do it again tomorrow but as she becomes, for want of better wording, more interesting and harder work, I feel less so. Weā€™re a little team now. Sheā€™s beginning to reach out for me, she touches my face and cuddles, sheā€™s everything and Iā€™m not sure I want to, or indeed have enough to, share myself with another baby.
However I need to be sure on that very soon due to my age. I know I will mourn my fertility when it goes and am already scared itā€™s too late for another but itā€™s not overwhelming, I can accept that I have my daughter and that will always be enough.

If you feel that these feelings are consuming and overtaking your concentration on your son now though I think it could be a sign of PND.

edit: just seen your last message. Use NNUH maternity voices and NNUH bumps and babies Facebook pages or updates on where birth reflections and other services are currently.

Initially I felt Iā€™d do it again tomorrow but as she becomes, for want of better wording, more interesting and harder work, I feel less so. Weā€™re a little team now. Sheā€™s beginning to reach out for me, she touches my face and cuddles, sheā€™s everything and Iā€™m not sure I want to, or indeed have enough to, share myself with another baby.
However I need to be sure on that very soon due to my age. I know I will mourn my fertility when it goes and am already scared itā€™s too late for another but itā€™s not overwhelming, I can accept that I have my daughter and that will always be enough.

If you feel that these feelings are consuming and overtaking your concentration on your son now though I think it could be a sign of PND.

edit: just seen your last message. Use NNUH maternity voices and NNUH bumps and babies Facebook pages or updates on where birth reflections and other services are currently.
Aww thatā€™s lovely to hear, that your daughter is recognising who you are to her. I canā€™t wait for that feeling. I see what youā€™re saying about not having to share yourself with another baby.
a friend of mine has 2 under 2 and she said itā€™s crazy hard work, one is only 15 months the other is 6 months. (Yes she had sex soon after giving birth and fell pregnant straight away)
Nothing wrong with it of course cause I know it happens a lot, but it must be something that is difficult to get right as both ages are very needy.

yeah I feel I may have some degree of PND. Iā€™m not ashamed by it at all, I had a feeling I would be like this once he arrived. So I was kind of prepared but it still isnā€™t easy.

I will have a look on Facebook, thank you. Do the birth reflections people move about then?

• Heart
Trust me to get chills and a temperature of 38.5, had a really bad headache all day too. Hoping itā€™s not the start of mastitis! I really need to express my right boob as itā€™s like a bowling ball, no noticeable pain though. šŸ˜©

• Heart
Aww thatā€™s lovely to hear, that your daughter is recognising who you are to her. I canā€™t wait for that feeling. I see what youā€™re saying about not having to share yourself with another baby.
a friend of mine has 2 under 2 and she said itā€™s crazy hard work, one is only 15 months the other is 6 months. (Yes she had sex soon after giving birth and fell pregnant straight away)
Nothing wrong with it of course cause I know it happens a lot, but it must be something that is difficult to get right as both ages are very needy.

yeah I feel I may have some degree of PND. Iā€™m not ashamed by it at all, I had a feeling I would be like this once he arrived. So I was kind of prepared but it still isnā€™t easy.

I will have a look on Facebook, thank you. Do the birth reflections people move about then?
No itā€™s absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Christ, the difficult journey youā€™ve been on to get to this point itā€™s no surprise at all that thereā€™s a whole lot to process now youā€™re at this stage. The entire process of infertility is traumatic coupled with the pregnancy and birth youā€™ve had is so much to deal with.

Sorry I meant where they are in terms of where they are up to with requests. Ladies discuss sometimes on there. If you post asking how long the service is taking to get back to you, youā€™ll likely find someone saying ā€˜I had my baby in Jan, contacted them in March, I got a call last weekā€™ or whatever to give you an idea.
ā€˜NNUH Bumps and babiesā€™ and ā€˜Norfolk and Norwich Maternity Voices Partnershipā€™ are the two pages.

No itā€™s absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Christ, the difficult journey youā€™ve been on to get to this point itā€™s no surprise at all that thereā€™s a whole lot to process now youā€™re at this stage. The entire process of infertility is traumatic coupled with the pregnancy and birth youā€™ve had is so much to deal with.

Sorry I meant where they are in terms of where they are up to with requests. Ladies discuss sometimes on there. If you post asking how long the service is taking to get back to you, youā€™ll likely find someone saying ā€˜I had my baby in Jan, contacted them in March, I got a call last weekā€™ or whatever to give you an idea.
ā€˜NNUH Bumps and babiesā€™ and ā€˜Norfolk and Norwich Maternity Voices Partnershipā€™ are the two pages.
Aw thank you for understanding. Itā€™s nice that someone has seen the tit storm for what it is.
my mum bless her heart, after Iā€™ve poured my heart out to her and tell her about the flashbacks , she tends to say ā€˜but look how amazing he isā€™

of course, he is amazing, he is the best thing to ever happen to me! But when I nearly died giving birth to him, Iā€™ve obviously suffered mentally, it kind of feels like itā€™s irrelevant if you know what I mean?

Majorly changing the subject here but can you put formula milk in those frozen teething toys things? Not sure if thatā€™s a thing or not? But just worried he needs something to cool him down.

For me it definitely went away from around 12 months to 2 yrs then I wanted the second again!

Trust me to get chills and a temperature of 38.5, had a really bad headache all day too. Hoping itā€™s not the start of mastitis! I really need to express my right boob as itā€™s like a bowling ball, no noticeable pain though. šŸ˜©
I've only has it once, and it started out as fever and chills. My boob felt bruised, but not very painful, and no noticeable lump in it. Feed feed feed, express if you can, as much as you can, and take ibruprofen to take down any swelling (even if you canā€™t feel it t may be there). If itā€™s still bad tomorrow am phone your GP

I feel guilty at times also as there are so many I have befriended over Instagram still trying to get their babies, i should be grateful
you should never feel guilty. Everyone goes through different struggles, and nobodies pain is any more or any less valid than someone else's. Just because your friends are still in their journey to motherhood doesnā€™t mean you arenā€™t totally valid in feeling the way you do.

• Heart
I've only has it once, and it started out as fever and chills. My boob felt bruised, but not very painful, and no noticeable lump in it. Feed feed feed, express if you can, as much as you can, and take ibruprofen to take down any swelling (even if you canā€™t feel it t may be there). If itā€™s still bad tomorrow am phone your GP
Thatā€™s good to know, I always assumed youā€™d get a big red swollen boob first! Youā€™re right about the bruised feeling. When I started to express, it did feel bruised and I had a big lump. I think Iā€™ve drained it to the best I can and my temperature has gone down a bit.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.