New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think I jinxed my easy great baby in the last thread.

Hoping someone can help. She is 12 weeks and since friday she has started playing up on the bottle, keeps thrusting it out, even though she is hungry, little battling and she would take it but since today she goes absolutely hysterical at the bottle, its like she has forgotten how to latch!? She is hungry as she shows all the cues but just won’t take bottle. Tried different bottles, different flow teats, warm milk, cold milk, everything i could think of.

She’s never had breast so its not like she prefers breast, didn’t go through this with my first.

Anyone have any advice or experienced this?

Hoping to be able to see a health visitor or something but not holding out hope as they are pretty useless.

Surely if its tongue tie or something, we would have had issues before?

Managed to get about 100ml in her after not feeding for 6 hours, worried about her becoming dehydrated now
Sounds similar to us at times, my little one started doing similar and we tried different stuf! A different flow did help a bit but I find it’s when he’s quite tired so one thing I’ve found that works for me is I’ll hold him as if I’m about to feed him; pop a dummy in and he chills out and then a few mins later swap it for the bottle and that seems to do the trick most of the time if he’s playing up. Hope it doesn’t last for too long, horrible when they clearly want to eat but don’t x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks ladies.

I will head out tomorrow and get a mam bottle and try that as well. We had some of the mini aptamils that came with the teats but she won’t even attempt to take it 😭

Unfortunately she hates dummies and wouldn’t take one from day 1, and would literally gag on it and seems to be having the same reaction to the bottle now

Hopefully it is just a short phase.

I just can’t imagine it being issue with the milk eg allergy etc.. as she has been absolutely fine from day 1, whatever temp etc

babies literally have one job and that’s to drink milk so its very worrying she won’t take it 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks ladies.

I will head out tomorrow and get a mam bottle and try that as well. We had some of the mini aptamils that came with the teats but she won’t even attempt to take it 😭

Unfortunately she hates dummies and wouldn’t take one from day 1, and would literally gag on it and seems to be having the same reaction to the bottle now

I just can’t imagine it being issue with the milk eg allergy etc.. as she has been absolutely fine from day 1, whatever temp etc

babies literally have one job and that’s to drink milk so its very worrying she won’t take it 😭
What bottles are you using at the moment? I’m not health professional but I know what you mean, I’d be surprised if it was a milk allergy if she’s been on it the whole time. Has your partner tried feeding her too? Annoyingly mine sometimes kicks off with me and then as soon as my husband feeds him he’s all 😍😍😍 and feeding like a saint 🙄
Seriously though, I hope you find a solution though 🙏🏻

• Heart
What bottles are you using at the moment? I’m not health professional but I know what you mean, I’d be surprised if it was a milk allergy if she’s been on it the whole time. Has your partner tried feeding her too? Annoyingly mine sometimes kicks off with me and then as soon as my husband feeds him he’s all 😍😍😍 and feeding like a saint 🙄
Seriously though, I hope you find a solution though 🙏🏻
we’re using the tommy ones. Yes my husband tries, my friend tried today and nothing

Only thing I can think of that has changed is my MIL looked after her on friday and did all the feeds and since then she has become fussy, But don’t see how that would have had just a drastic reaction?

I was actually around for one of the feeds and she fed her absolutely fine and said she was fine all day and finished her bottles with no fuss.

we’re using the tommy ones. Yes my husband tries, my friend tried today and nothing

Only thing I can think of that has changed is my MIL looked after her on friday and did all the feeds and since then she has become fussy, But don’t see how that would have had just a drastic reaction?

I was actually around for one of the feeds and she fed her absolutely fine and said she was fine all day and finished her bottles with no fuss.
Honest the MAM bottles are great! But get feet 2 at 12 weeks or baby will fall asleep on the bottle the flow is really slow on them.
They come apart completely the bottom and top screw of so they are so much easier to clean as well and you can also sterilise them when your out in a microwave.
I used tommees with my first but I found them hard to clean properly and was forever replacing them. I’ve had the same MAM bottles now for my 6 month old and they are still going!!

Think I jinxed my easy great baby in the last thread.

Hoping someone can help. She is 12 weeks and since friday she has started playing up on the bottle, keeps thrusting it out, even though she is hungry, little battling and she would take it but since today she goes absolutely hysterical at the bottle, its like she has forgotten how to latch!? She is hungry as she shows all the cues but just won’t take bottle. Tried different bottles, different flow teats, warm milk, cold milk, everything i could think of.

She’s never had breast so its not like she prefers breast, didn’t go through this with my first.

Anyone have any advice or experienced this?

Hoping to be able to see a health visitor or something but not holding out hope as they are pretty useless.

Surely if its tongue tie or something, we would have had issues before?

Managed to get about 100ml in her after not feeding for 6 hours, worried about her becoming dehydrated now
I'm not sure if it's a stage... My daughter is 13 weeks and for the past week she has been like it.
I'm wondering if it's the start of teething as my other 2 started early too.

What size tests are you using?

I also recommend MAM bottles. I have tomee tippee with my other 2 and wouldn't go back now after having MAM this time.

Honest the MAM bottles are great! But get feet 2 at 12 weeks or baby will fall asleep on the bottle the flow is really slow on them.
They come apart completely the bottom and top screw of so they are so much easier to clean as well and you can also sterilise them when your out in a microwave.
I used tommees with my first but I found them hard to clean properly and was forever replacing them. I’ve had the same MAM bottles now for my 6 month old and they are still going!!
Yep I can totally vouch for mam bottles as well, they are fantastic. We had a tommee tippee bottle that came with our prep machine and baby kept rejecting that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks ladies.

My daughter also did the same with the tommee tippee dummies.
She still doesn't take one great now but she hated the tommee ones!

I'm not sure if it's a stage... My daughter is 13 weeks and for the past week she has been like it.
I'm wondering if it's the start of teething as my other 2 started early too.

What size tests are you using?

I also recommend MAM bottles. I have tomee tippee with my other 2 and wouldn't go back now after having MAM this time.
Oh really? Hopefully its just a phase then.

I changed from a 1 to a size 2 on sunday as I thought that was causing the issues, she fed fine with one bottle on that teat but then started coughing and spluttering after that so went back to 1’s.

I used Mam ones occasionally with my first as it was easier but she would take any bottle really.

As for dummies, think we have tried 3/4 different brands and she just refuses everything 😩

• Heart
Oh really? Hopefully its just a phase then.

I changed from a 1 to a size 2 on sunday as I thought that was causing the issues, she fed fine with one bottle on that teat but then started coughing and spluttering after that so went back to 1’s.

I used Mam ones occasionally with my first as it was easier but she would take any bottle really.

As for dummies, think we have tried 3/4 different brands and she just refuses everything 😩
Which milk are you using? I know with say comfort milks they say use a vari flow teet?

Thanks ladies.

Sometimes my daughter gets like this and I have to blast some white noise on my phone to calm
Her down and then she will take the bottle again.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Morning ☺ Has anyone got any suggestions for nice dribble bibs?
Funky giraffe bibs never soak through althrough the designs can be hit and miss so I keep and eye out and order like x10 at a time when they’re nice!

Reactions: 1
Ahh remember the other day I was saying about taking spare clothes for yourself when you travel with a baby?

Guess who forgot her spare clothes today?

Guess who got vommed on 10 minutes in to the plane journey?!

🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ahh remember the other day I was saying about taking spare clothes for yourself when you travel with a baby?

🙄🙄🙄
oh no! Were you at least flying somewhere nice?

🙄🙄🙄
You’re braver than me! I’m still yet to tackle public transport. I live in London so trains and buses are inevitable but I have such anxiety about bringing a pram and an unpredictable baby on board!

You’re braver than me! I’m still yet to tackle public transport. I live in London so trains and buses are inevitable but I have such anxiety about bringing a pram and an unpredictable baby on board!
I don't even live in a busy area and I drive, and have only ever had to catch a bus twice with a pram and panicked both times.

Anyone with older ones, should I get a cot or a cot bed? I’ve no idea what age they grow into a single bed or even if they go straight from cot?
Don’t want to spend extra on a cot bed if they’re crap but don’t want to be buying a new bed solution, mattress, sheets etc every 6 months either.
Any thoughts welcome please.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.