New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any Kendamil users - how long did it take before you seen a difference? We switched from aptamil as she's quite a sicky baby/hard to wind/reflux and after reading reviews thought we'd try it. So far it's not helping at all, but I don't know if it takes time or instant?
Usually switching milks takes a couple of weeks to see a difference

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Any Kendamil users - how long did it take before you seen a difference? We switched from aptamil as she's quite a sicky baby/hard to wind/reflux and after reading reviews thought we'd try it. So far it's not helping at all, but I don't know if it takes time or instant?
It took us about 8-10 days to notice a difference! How long have you been feeding it to baby now? Hope it works for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

If baby struggles bringing up wind. I'd recommend using dentinox 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It took us about 8-10 days to notice a difference! How long have you been feeding it to baby now? Hope it works for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Thank you! We only started it yesterday so still very very early days. I do find her going longer between feeds now whereas previously on her old milk she took lots of smaller feeds more frequent! I'm going to do the subscription service cos it's so handy they deliver to your door!

If baby struggles bringing up wind. I'd recommend using dentinox 😊
Thank you very much! I'll look into it and order some 🙂

Am I right to be offended, literally no sets of grandparents have seen my baby who’s nearly 3 months! Granted we live 2-3 hours by train/5-hours by car away but literally no one has made an effort. I couldn’t be bothered with visitors in the first couple of weeks due to establishing breastfeeding and recovering from csection & traumatic birth. I told my parents they can come down whenever, no response. My partner’s dad is coming down to Watford (we’re in south London) next week for work for a few days but says driving an hour after work to see his grandson wouldn’t work??? And he’ll arrange something in September, yeah right!

It’s totally their loss but I’m upset that no one really gives a tit.
Totally reasonable to be upset and angry. If it’s any consolation my sister lives 5 minutes drive away and hasn’t come to meet my 7 month old. Even when her son stayed with me for a week she didn’t come and meet my baby. These people don’t deserve the joy our babies bring.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Thank you! We only started it yesterday so still very very early days. I do find her going longer between feeds now whereas previously on her old milk she took lots of smaller feeds more frequent! I'm going to do the subscription service cos it's so handy they deliver to your door!

Thank you very much! I'll look into it and order some 🙂
Oooh yes definitely keep going then! What was she on before? We found the same, he would have little and often of cow and gate but now goes 3-4 hours on kendamil. I’m convinced it’s cause c&g was made with skimmed milk whereas this one is full. The subscription is great too, literally don’t need to think about running out at all!

Oooh yes definitely keep going then! What was she on before? We found the same, he would have little and often of cow and gate but now goes 3-4 hours on kendamil. I’m convinced it’s cause c&g was made with skimmed milk whereas this one is full. The subscription is great too, literally don’t need to think about running out at all!
We used aptamil which I think might have been the same! This one smells a lot nicer too compared to other formulas I think! I'd never heard of it before but kept seeing people recently rave about it, so glad I did now 🙂

Totally reasonable to be upset and angry. If it’s any consolation my sister lives 5 minutes drive away and hasn’t come to meet my 7 month old. Even when her son stayed with me for a week she didn’t come and meet my baby. These people don’t deserve the joy our babies bring.
That’s terrible, they don’t deserve grandma, auntie etc titles!

Woke up and both children have caught my cold/cough, first time my toddler (22 months) has ever had a cough/cold we've done well to avoid it so far! And my little girl (4 weeks) has it ☹ poor little monkeys

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Somewhat trivial but how is it all these influencers are going on sun holidays with their babies? I thought babies were supposed to be kept out of the sun completely and not to wear sun cream. I feel like they don’t suddenly become ok to be in the sun the second the turn 6 months or am I being over cautious?
I’d love to book a warm holiday but I don’t want to be constantly concerned about the sun, avoiding the pool, chasing the shade etc
Has anyone done it with <1 year olds?

Reactions: 3
Somewhat trivial but how is it all these influencers are going on sun holidays with their babies? I thought babies were supposed to be kept out of the sun completely and not to wear sun cream. I feel like they don’t suddenly become ok to be in the sun the second the turn 6 months or am I being over cautious?
I’d love to book a warm holiday but I don’t want to be constantly concerned about the sun, avoiding the pool, chasing the shade etc
I've seen so many people do it.
But the idea of it in my head seems a nightmare 😂
I never would anyway 😂

We have 😊 abroad hot holidays we’ve been to Italy when our 3rd was just turned 6 months, France when our 2nd was 6 months and Portugal when our eldest was just under 1. We also go and visit my in laws each summer and compared to where we live, it’s HOT and so sunny there! We’ve never found it an issue, tbh, but then I hate the heat anyway so I would seek the shade out myself. We’ve stayed in a house with a pool before and just made sure we chose one with a gated pool as she was just starting to walk.

I can honestly say I’ve never not enjoyed a holiday with kids because of the heat/sun 😊

I’ve always seen people say why bother, they won’t remember, it’s so much hassle. And yes, they won’t remember, but we will! And if we just didn’t do anything because they won’t remember we’d never go out til they were about 6 🤣

ETA: we usually go on holiday at Easter time because a) it’s cheaper! b) it’s not as hot in other countries. So you can choose when you go to avoid the worst of the heat. That said we did go to France in May, and it was grand.

Reactions: 3
We have 😊 abroad hot holidays we’ve been to Italy when our 3rd was just turned 6 months, France when our 2nd was 6 months and Portugal when our eldest was just under 1. We also go and visit my in laws each summer and compared to where we live, it’s HOT and so sunny there! We’ve never found it an issue, tbh, but then I hate the heat anyway so I would seek the shade out myself. We’ve stayed in a house with a pool before and just made sure we chose one with a gated pool as she was just starting to walk.

I can honestly say I’ve never not enjoyed a holiday with kids because of the heat/sun 😊

I’ve always seen people say why bother, they won’t remember, it’s so much hassle. And yes, they won’t remember, but we will! And if we just didn’t do anything because they won’t remember we’d never go out til they were about 6 🤣

ETA: we usually go on holiday at Easter time because a) it’s cheaper! b) it’s not as hot in other countries. So you can choose when you go to avoid the worst of the heat. That said we did go to France in May, and it was grand.
I was very put out at the amount of people who asked what the point was when I said I wanted to take her to Lapland to meet Santa at Christmas - who said it was just for her enjoyment 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I was very put out at the amount of people who asked what the point was when I said I wanted to take her to Lapland to meet Santa at Christmas - who said it was just for her enjoyment 😂
🤣🤣🤣 she’ll just be holding you back, leave her behind 🤣

I understand why people say that, but I want to go places and do things too, and i want to “makes memories” (🤢) with my kids, whether they remember it or not. They like the photos anyway 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Mums of baby’s that have weaned/started weaning,... talk to me about long sleeved bibs? My sister in law was showing me Bibado the other week, they look good but 20 quid a bib! We bought a long sleeved bib from IKEA the other day... are they any good? Or do I need to admit defeat? Let me know if there are any other good ones 😊

Mums of baby’s that have weaned/started weaning,... talk to me about long sleeved bibs? My sister in law was showing me Bibado the other week, they look good but 20 quid a bib! We bought a long sleeved bib from IKEA the other day... are they any good? Or do I need to admit defeat? Let me know if there are any other good ones 😊
We’ve always used the IKEA ones 😊

We had the bibado ones for my son, they are good but the cuffs on the arms were quite tight (think he was a chunk) and they left marks on his wrists so we stopped using them 🙈

The mess is so real so I often just strip him off to eat :ROFLMAO: found crusty porridge in lots of places last night in the bath.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.