New baby and post birth advice #17 Vegetable Oil Tantrums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was vegan for years, including when I was first going out with my now husband and he lived at home.
I'm just veggie now, I largely still prefer vegan options but give myself a bit of latitude in other people's homes, desserts, etc to not make a fuss, although I do still prefer to not have stuff with dairy. So although I'd never say owt, it does upset me a bit when people close to me buy me non-vegan stuff because it just feels like they don't give a duck. Like if work give out boxes of chocs crack on. Gift from someone who doesn't know me well? Love it mate. But my MIL is obsessed with buying me Lindt and it all feels a bit pass agg as she knows me well enough to know what I actually like, and it's so easy to pick up now. Whatever.

Except I'm currently strictly dairy free cos of little lad's eczema. I've experimented (mum guilt!! as dairy 100% sparks a flare) and it has to be totally cut out at the mo. We've discussed it LOADS (another thing that annoys me haha, I don't really like my mum and MIL feeling entitled to the ins and outs of my child's medical details but I don't really know how to push back without coming across as a witch, especially as it's a minor health thing atm).
So she knows. We've been round about 4 times in the past week too, so I've clearly been having different milk in brews etc.

Still got given a bloody Lindt Easter egg that she'd 'specially chosen' for me today, and she did a sticky toffee pudding for afters and kept 'forgetting' and offering me it after I'd declined a million times and explained I couldn't eat it. Christ woman. We have many many issues and I know she doesn't really care about me, but think of your grandchild ffs.
(I know this is minor but feels good to get it off my chest haha).

Spose at least she got me an egg. Knobwaffle did not. I got him one, and his mum got him one, and he's going to end up eating mine from her if I'm not able 🙃
So I’m the same with the dairy as orange eczema was awful and touch wood since milk swapping it’s sooo much better for once my dad really thought about it and bought her a vegan Easter egg and I have to admit I have some to her for breakfast. We have to be super strict as once the eczema comes I start freaking out sending a hug for you because managing no dairy is so much easier for me at least than seeing orange itching and sad but I do struggle sometimes as what to give her xx

I was vegan for years, including when I was first going out with my now husband and he lived at home.
I'm just veggie now, I largely still prefer vegan options but give myself a bit of latitude in other people's homes, desserts, etc to not make a fuss, although I do still prefer to not have stuff with dairy. So although I'd never say owt, it does upset me a bit when people close to me buy me non-vegan stuff because it just feels like they don't give a duck. Like if work give out boxes of chocs crack on. Gift from someone who doesn't know me well? Love it mate. But my MIL is obsessed with buying me Lindt and it all feels a bit pass agg as she knows me well enough to know what I actually like, and it's so easy to pick up now. Whatever.

Except I'm currently strictly dairy free cos of little lad's eczema. I've experimented (mum guilt!! as dairy 100% sparks a flare) and it has to be totally cut out at the mo. We've discussed it LOADS (another thing that annoys me haha, I don't really like my mum and MIL feeling entitled to the ins and outs of my child's medical details but I don't really know how to push back without coming across as a witch, especially as it's a minor health thing atm).
So she knows. We've been round about 4 times in the past week too, so I've clearly been having different milk in brews etc.

Still got given a bloody Lindt Easter egg that she'd 'specially chosen' for me today, and she did a sticky toffee pudding for afters and kept 'forgetting' and offering me it after I'd declined a million times and explained I couldn't eat it. Christ woman. We have many many issues and I know she doesn't really care about me, but think of your grandchild ffs.
(I know this is minor but feels good to get it off my chest haha).

Spose at least she got me an egg. Knobwaffle did not. I got him one, and his mum got him one, and he's going to end up eating mine from her if I'm not able 🙃
So I’m the same with the dairy as orange eczema was awful and touch wood since milk swapping it’s sooo much better for once my dad really thought about it and bought her a vegan Easter egg and I have to admit I have some to her for breakfast. We have to be super strict as once the eczema comes I start freaking out sending a hug for you because managing no dairy is so much easier for me at least than seeing orange itching and sad but I do struggle sometimes as what to give her. Ps I felt guilty when I was giving her kendamil and had no idea but you are a great mum for cutting it all out it’s worth it a billion percent I get annoyed sometimes when people say oh give her this that I’m like no have you not listened x

Reactions: 2
Anyone else currently wanting to divorce/leave their knobwaffles?
Anyone would think Mr Bean has been up all night. So fed up. So tired. So mentally and physically drained. But coz I wfh, I can’t be as tired. He never does a night feed. As soon as his head hits the pillow he’s gone. I feel like I’m doing this in my own. He’s never made me feel like this before 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Anyone else currently wanting to divorce/leave their knobwaffles?
Anyone would think Mr Bean has been up all night. So fed up. So tired. So mentally and physically drained. But coz I wfh, I can’t be as tired. He never does a night feed. As soon as his head hits the pillow he’s gone. I feel like I’m doing this in my own. He’s never made me feel like this before 💔
Yes. No helpful advice but solidarity.

Mr Goss managed to spoil my nice day by being rude and picking an argument earlier because he’s had too much to drink and can’t handle it. I’ve been upstairs with baby since. Went downstairs just now to get a phone charger and he’s asleep on the sofa after having more beers. Just looked at him and thought ffs… he promised to sleep next to baby tonight as she’s been waking up in the night and I’m knackered but that won’t be happening now.

It’s horrible feeling like you’re doing 99% of it all. If yours is anything like mine, he thinks I’m moaning if I get fed up with it. It’s so stressful at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is there something hill with the moon today or something because my baby has not stopped whinging since 5pm basically (possibly earlier) and has only just dropped off. He has been awake all that time 🥲😭😭😭
All I know is it was so bright and low on the m6 we thought it was a sign for a restaurant or something, googled it and it was a full moon last night so it’s still bright and low tonight! Blame it on the moon!

Reactions: 4
Yes. No helpful advice but solidarity.

Mr Goss managed to spoil my nice day by being rude and picking an argument earlier because he’s had too much to drink and can’t handle it. I’ve been upstairs with baby since. Went downstairs just now to get a phone charger and he’s asleep on the sofa after having more beers. Just looked at him and thought ffs… he promised to sleep next to baby tonight as she’s been waking up in the night and I’m knackered but that won’t be happening now.

It’s horrible feeling like you’re doing 99% of it all. If yours is anything like mine, he thinks I’m moaning if I get fed up with it. It’s so stressful at times.
Sorry that Mr Goss ruined your day 😢 they’re such twats aren’t they
He hoovered earlier while baby was napping on me, and I swear the look he gave me 😂 I’m so done with it all. He really has no time for the baby. I know he’s stressed, but whatevs. I feel like I’ve carried this family since his dad got his C diagnosis just over 3 years ago (he died 2 years ago) everything is getting on top of me at the moment, and I feel like I’m crumbling 😭

I also have to add, while talking about our holidays at the weekend, I heard ‘we will look after them’ when I go away for a few nights with the girls. ‘We’ meaning him and his mother, while he goes to work (can’t see him going in everyday). I can’t bleeping deal with it to be honest. No one helps me out. Not that I expect it. I am a parent after all!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Is there something hill with the moon today or something because my baby has not stopped whinging since 5pm basically (possibly earlier) and has only just dropped off. He has been awake all that time 🥲😭😭😭
Same here! Baby girl has cried on and off all day, she’s also fed every hour and half instead of the usual three hours, wanted to be held, cried, went on the play mat, cried, went in the Moses basket, cried 😂 my partner said I think this is just what they do 😂😂 she finally fell asleep at 8.30

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry that Mr Goss ruined your day 😢 they’re such twats aren’t they
He hoovered earlier while baby was napping on me, and I swear the look he gave me 😂 I’m so done with it all. He really has no time for the baby. I know he’s stressed, but whatevs. I feel like I’ve carried this family since his dad got his C diagnosis just over 3 years ago (he died 2 years ago) everything is getting on top of me at the moment, and I feel like I’m crumbling 😭

I also have to add, while talking about our holidays at the weekend, I heard ‘we will look after them’ when I go away for a few nights with the girls. ‘We’ meaning him and his mother, while he goes to work (can’t see him going in everyday). I can’t bleeping deal with it to be honest. No one helps me out. Not that I expect it. I am a parent after all!
The making noise when baby is asleep seems such a small thing in the grand scheme but I actually think it’s huge! As mums we’re programmed to always think of the baby, why don’t they do the same 🙄

I think they forget sometimes how stressful it is doing everything. Sorry you’re finding it tough too, I know we joke about knobwaffles on this thread but when it’s constant it really does feel like what’s the point of them being here when they’re zero help!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.