New baby and post birth advice #17 Vegetable Oil Tantrums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amazing, she now naps in the cot for a good 1hr 30 in the morning, 45 in afternoon and right through at night 😱😱😱 How's the sleeping with you?
Omg that’s insane!!! Well she’s had this awful cold and then bronchitis so she’s been terrible but she’s on the mend and she slept 12 hours with 2 wakes last night, which I’m happy with! She’s been pretty good at napping too, although on the whole her day naps have always been ok

Reactions: 2
Right. 9 hours with my mother, and no egg from the husband. I am officially done with Easter 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Omg that’s insane!!! Well she’s had this awful cold and then bronchitis so she’s been terrible but she’s on the mend and she slept 12 hours with 2 wakes last night, which I’m happy with! She’s been pretty good at napping too, although on the whole her day naps have always been ok
Aw poor wee baba 😭 I barely slept the first few nights because I was worried something was wrong with her so I feel like I've not fully got the benefit or 12 hours right through 🤣

Tonight we have had broccoli carrots and baked beans absolutely loved it only gagged once feel like I’m winning today she doesn’t want as many bottles at all is this normal xx
Everleigh only went to a night time bottle as soon as we started solids. She refused all others

This is a weird thing I’ve never heard anyone mention before, so I’m wondering…

Can anyone else smell when their baby is too hot? I’ve been able to smell when mine get too warm (usually in bed, so we are right close together), and then when I check they are usually a bit clammy/sweaty.
I can 😂 i feel like I still can with my 4 year old too 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Aw poor wee baba 😭 I barely slept the first few nights because I was worried something was wrong with her so I feel like I've not fully got the benefit or 12 hours right through 🤣
Wellll spoke too soon - spent an hour and a half getting her to sleep and she woke up screaming after 15 fecking minutes. At my absolute wits end but feel like I can’t do anything until this stupid cough has gone

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Can anyone else smell when their baby is too hot? I’ve been able to smell when mine get too warm (usually in bed, so we are right close together), and then when I check they are usually a bit clammy/sweaty.
100% she smelt sweaty yesterday so she got dunked straight in the bath!

Happy Easter ladies! We had a lovely day with my parents in the garden. I cooked a roast dinner for us all and baby wore bunny ears (for 5 mins) and a little bunny print dress 🥰 I know I’m biased because she’s mine but she really did look adorable haha.

Mr Goss has had too much to drink and nearly fell into her ball pit earlier 🙄🙄 So I’m sat upstairs having baby cuddles instead. She fell asleep half an hour ago so I really should put her down now but I’d rather stay 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Chickenandgravy if I knew how to put in GIFs I would have a happy dance, or party, GIF for you!! Cannot believe how amazing that sleep is! How incredible 🎉🥳🍾
Click the little cog on the right hand side. Then the icons will go black. Halfway on the top you’ll see 3 dots and an arrow. Click that and it will drop down to giphy, then search for the one you want 😄

Attachments

• Heart

Yes! I feel like I can smell she’s a bit sweaty before I actually feel her

Wellll spoke too soon - spent an hour and a half getting her to sleep and she woke up screaming after 15 fecking minutes. At my absolute wits end but feel like I can’t do anything until this stupid cough has gone
Thats so frustrating. Well when she's feeling better I defo recommend the spaced soothing method!

@Chickenandgravy if I knew how to put in GIFs I would have a happy dance, or party, GIF for you!! Cannot believe how amazing that sleep is! How incredible 🎉🥳🍾
Thank you! Only took nearly 9 months right enough but still 🤣

I was just thinking the same!! @Chickenandgravy pleaseee share all the sleep secrets!!
I did spaced soothing but I'm not sure whether it was a combination of her teeth came in and time that has helped her work out how to go to sleep herself, but I was honestly at my wits end with nearly 9 months of sometimes hourly wakeups 😵😵😵

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Everleigh only went to a night time bottle as soon as we started solids. She refused all others

I can 😂 i feel like I still can with my 4 year old too 😂
Omg this is orange makes perfect sense now thank you because she just isn’t interested in them like she’s had 4 today but really spaced Out xx

Thats so frustrating. Well when she's feeling better I defo recommend the spaced soothing method!

Thank you! Only took nearly 9 months right enough but still 🤣

I did spaced soothing but I'm not sure whether it was a combination of her teeth came in and time that has helped her work out how to go to sleep herself, but I was honestly at my wits end with nearly 9 months of sometimes hourly wakeups 😵😵😵
Will definitely give it a go! Thank you 😘

I was vegan for years, including when I was first going out with my now husband and he lived at home.
I'm just veggie now, I largely still prefer vegan options but give myself a bit of latitude in other people's homes, desserts, etc to not make a fuss, although I do still prefer to not have stuff with dairy. So although I'd never say owt, it does upset me a bit when people close to me buy me non-vegan stuff because it just feels like they don't give a duck. Like if work give out boxes of chocs crack on. Gift from someone who doesn't know me well? Love it mate. But my MIL is obsessed with buying me Lindt and it all feels a bit pass agg as she knows me well enough to know what I actually like, and it's so easy to pick up now. Whatever.

Except I'm currently strictly dairy free cos of little lad's eczema. I've experimented (mum guilt!! as dairy 100% sparks a flare) and it has to be totally cut out at the mo. We've discussed it LOADS (another thing that annoys me haha, I don't really like my mum and MIL feeling entitled to the ins and outs of my child's medical details but I don't really know how to push back without coming across as a witch, especially as it's a minor health thing atm).
So she knows. We've been round about 4 times in the past week too, so I've clearly been having different milk in brews etc.

Still got given a bloody Lindt Easter egg that she'd 'specially chosen' for me today, and she did a sticky toffee pudding for afters and kept 'forgetting' and offering me it after I'd declined a million times and explained I couldn't eat it. Christ woman. We have many many issues and I know she doesn't really care about me, but think of your grandchild ffs.
(I know this is minor but feels good to get it off my chest haha).

Spose at least she got me an egg. Knobwaffle did not. I got him one, and his mum got him one, and he's going to end up eating mine from her if I'm not able 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is there something hill with the moon today or something because my baby has not stopped whinging since 5pm basically (possibly earlier) and has only just dropped off. He has been awake all that time 🥲😭😭😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.