Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dak1988

Chatty Member
Thanks for all the burping tips from the last thread, she has been feeding miles better since last night thankfully. However having a bit of a shit day and I’m stressing out. She’s pooed five times today which is unlike her as she has been a once a day / every other day kind of baby, and she’s been so sleepy today, cries every time I pick her up or put her down as though she’s in pain and her temp is 37.7. Nhs website says over 38 to call 111 but her head does feel hot. I think I’m just going to give 111 a call but am I being silly? I do have health anxiety and I really don’t want to project this onto my baby now as I’ve been doing so well recently but I’m close to tears with worry! She’s only 3 weeks old btw
Hi all I posted this on Thursday and a few of you replied, thank you 💗 we ended up being sent to a&e by 111 and admitted to paediatric ward immediately as her temp was 38.3 when we arrived. They did all kinds of tests and lumper punctures etc and turns out she had viral meningitis! And a bad cold. We only got discharged today it’s been so stressful and awful 😫🥺 so glad I listened to my gut instinct though I just knew something wasn’t right! She seems absolutely fine now though and they have said no long term side effects. She’s only 28 days old today and spent 9 days of her life in neonatal and now childrens ward 😢 hope things calm down for us now! Thanks for all your replies ladies xxx

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

WhatABore

VIP Member
How do I have a 1 year old 😫
My partner was saying to her "Ahhh you're 1!"
And I'm like "Nooo she's not. She wasn't born until 10.58pm." 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
The twins got socks from the MIL as an Easter gift. I actually laughed so hard. Not even a pack of socks. ONE PAIR EACH🤣🤣
She text us to say she'd get them clothes in lieu of eggs a few weeks ago.
Today she text to ask did we receive the package. I text back to say yeah but I think there's some missing we only got socks, her reply "no that's right"
I can't even with this woman🤣🤣🤣😭
The eldest got sod all, not even a sock😭🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Absolutely howling at this thread. There is no judgement, or even debate, over the most “controversial” parenting issues - breast v bottle, co sleep v cot, dummy v no dummy - genuinely seen nothing but respect for each other’s parent decision. But Pepsi v Coke, hell no, that’s a step too far!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
People can fuck right off. No need for that. I’d never dream of asking what’s wrong with someone’s baby!!?? What on earth!!! Hope you’re ok. Forget the stupid woman. Bet she’s got no friends and this is why.
I kindly told her she can roll, which she can when she sees fit she just likes to lay there which she does. I almost asked her why her son had a square head but then I remembered I can't fight for shit and she was scary and looked like an extra out of shameless😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I wish people kept their inner voice to themselves sometimes.
We took the boy to a huge soft play today in Manchester. Me & the twins were in the sensory room whilst the boys were off having actual fun and I got talking to a woman with a baby of the same corrected age as twins, thought she was lovely, till she asked what was wrong with T2 because she was just lay there stiff as a board and she was surprised she wasn't rolling about the joint like all the other babies then proceeded to ask was anything wrong with her and I should flag it to my health visitor because they're amazing and her little Prince got loads off help when he was struggling to roll. Yeah sure he did because HVs are fucking magic.
Off you fuck Gobby Gertrude.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
I feel like the cows milk has finally left baby tangos system! Yesterday she belly laughed for the first time in weeks then slept all night! This hasn’t happened since March 19th (yes I remember cos that’s when all the daytime crying and hourly night wakings started 😫) mr tango is cooking us bacon sandwiches, I’ve already been and done a weekly shop, what a great day 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Bwacac

Chatty Member
Pregnant ladies and mums with young babies just seem fair game to every man and his dog for comments or their unsolicited advice.
Baby O is 11 months old today 🥺 and I still get asked roughly once a week was she an accident because of my age (44) I’m so dying to say to the next person who asks me “no hun me and her dad shagged like rabbits for 6 months to make her!” Can you imagine the look on their face 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Borntorun

VIP Member
All this mini egg chat has reminded me that after last Easter the WHSmiths at work sold off packets of mini eggs for 20p. It may have been the best day of my working career…

We met up with my husbands parents today. They walked off with the baby in the pushchair then took him out and carried him around with them the whole time. They just walked off with him. I didn’t see my baby all afternoon, let alone feed him. I know I moan about him being an unhappy little boy but he’s still my little boy. They didn’t give him back when he cried they just walked away from me so I couldn’t take him. They were acting like they were his parents. They were doing that hug where you hold the babies head to your chest, you know the one that mummies tend to do when their baby is tired, their little head tucks just under your chin - he didn’t like it but they just held him there. I feel hurt that they essentially stole my baby, who doesn’t know them because they haven’t seen him since he was a month, and obviously took a ridiculous number of photos with him
I haaaaate people that do this. I often wear baby in a sling so other people can’t steal her 🙊 and failing that I’m a big fan of a passive aggressive “ohhh baby, that’s a big wobbly lip, do you need a mummy cuddle?!” All said in a ridiculous baby voice so that I at no point have actually discussed it with the adult and can’t be accused of criticism

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Definitelyme

VIP Member
God what a dick head. Some people just have no idea what they are even saying and how they come across.

I was walking my daughter in her pram once when she was about 18 months old and some random lady walking her baby started talking to me. She was asking why my daughter wasn't walking and if there was something wrong with her, told me to take her to the gp. Then she started asking if I was worried she would get bullied for her ginger hair...I was like urm who the hell are you??
That reminds me of when I went to my daughter’s parent teacher meeting and had the baby in the sling (she was 4 months) and the teacher asked me how she’d ever learn to walk if I always had her in there, and that she needed to come out sometime. Yeah because at 4 months it’s the sling holding her back from walking 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

bottombanana

We met up with my husbands parents today. They walked off with the baby in the pushchair then took him out and carried him around with them the whole time. They just walked off with him. I didn’t see my baby all afternoon, let alone feed him. I know I moan about him being an unhappy little boy but he’s still my little boy. They didn’t give him back when he cried they just walked away from me so I couldn’t take him. They were acting like they were his parents. They were doing that hug where you hold the babies head to your chest, you know the one that mummies tend to do when their baby is tired, their little head tucks just under your chin - he didn’t like it but they just held him there. I feel hurt that they essentially stole my baby, who doesn’t know them because they haven’t seen him since he was a month, and obviously took a ridiculous number of photos with him

• Heart
  • Angry
  • Sad
One of my many fav things my MIL has done recently is tell me approx 18 hours after birthing my child that she and my FIL will be waiting at home for us to get home from hospital so they can meet the baby…..before his own siblings had met him. What’s worse is that my partner gave them the key as she’d had a hospital appointment in the same hospital that day and they’d gone for a quick coffee. Let me tell you when I literally SHOUTED in a busy hospital ward to go and get that fucking key back before I smack a bitch. He did thankfully, but the fact I even had to tell him to actually made me reconsider my life choices tbf 🙃🙃🙃🙃

I just hate in laws so much, oh my GOD. Can you tell they’ve riled me this week. Christ.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Anyone else currently wanting to divorce/leave their knobwaffles?
Anyone would think Mr Bean has been up all night. So fed up. So tired. So mentally and physically drained. But coz I wfh, I can’t be as tired. He never does a night feed. As soon as his head hits the pillow he’s gone. I feel like I’m doing this in my own. He’s never made me feel like this before 💔

• Heart
  • Sad

Borntorun

VIP Member
Plenty of MIL stories but as bad as she is my mum is the worst. Her recent exploit? My Dad died 8 years ago when I was 21. My mum has been dating his friend for a year. She sent me a message the other day saying he wants to be Tommy’s surrogate Grandad and has given me the silent treatment since I (politely - not that she deserved it) said no.

1. Tommy is 2 months old, my first baby and I’m clearly already going to be struggling with the fact my Dad isn’t here, especially as it’s just been his birthday
2. HIS FUCKING FRIEND!
3. You’ve known this random bloke a year, not married or anything and I’ve met him maybe twice (not particularly a fan either, not a nasty bloke but meh), absolutely no is he getting a sacred role in my babies life, I can barely tolerate her nevermind her current toy just because she’s a narcissistic twat and we all have to love what she does
4. Surrogate as if my Dad can be fucking replaced

Seriously what planet is this woman on? The audacity to even ask. Like at most come back in a few years and see if he is still in the picture and has played a significant role in Tommy’s life but fuck me, now?!

The reality is, if they really cared he wouldn’t need a title and would support Tommy regardless.

Was already stressed to hell about her meeting Tommy and now it’s going to be even worse (she’ll insist on bringing him so it’ll be even more awkward than it was already). Honestly does someone want my mother? Offering her out for free 🥲💀✋🏻😭
So this may make you feel better. My Mum asked if her boyfriend (now fiancé) could be called Grandad. I said no, because my children have a grandad already, and so they could just continue calling him by his first name. His first name is Kevin. Every time I mention Kevin, my toddler assumed I’m talking about Kevin the carrot off the aldi adverts. So despite my mothers attempts to wrestle Kevin into their lives, they prefer a fictional carrot to the living and breathing human…

My point is that no one can replace real grandads, even if someone is trying to force it.

• Haha
  • Heart