New baby and post birth advice #18 Raise a glass (of Cola) to the future Nipple Biting World Champions

My baby is…

• 0-3 months

Votes: 32 23.7%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • 7-9 months

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • 10-12 months

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • 13-18 months

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • 19-24 months

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Still pregnant and being nosey about what’s to come

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • I have a pet that I consider a child

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • No idea why Im here, I’m child free and was curious about the title

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue!

Thought we should add some extra age categories to this poll now so many of our babies are in the 1+ category!

Reactions: 7
Why do does my baby always get such violent hiccups as I’m about to transfer him back to his own bed? Is it a ploy for me to hold him a little longer?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Came downstairs at 5:30 after feeding the baby to make a birthday card for husband from the kids while everyone is still asleep as I wanted to do it yesterday but was laid up all day with food poisoning! The things we mums do eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Clicked the 4-6 months for the first time 😫 honestly this second baby is growing up way too fast. 4 months has gone so quick, hes so big and definitely not my tiny little baby anymore!!! I swear with my first she was tiny for ages? Or maybe because it was so awful with colic and reflux it felt like forever 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am still in 10-12 months…his birthday is not until Wednesday 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I know that the day doesn’t change him automatically in to a toddler or anything, but I feel so sad knowing I’ll never have a little baby again.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am still in 10-12 months…his birthday is not until Wednesday 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I know that the day doesn’t change him automatically in to a toddler or anything, but I feel so sad knowing I’ll never have a little baby again.
I can still click the 10-12 month 👏🏻👏🏻😂
It feels so much different saying " I have a 1 year old" to "I have an 11 month old"
Feels like a huge jump

• Haha
  • Heart
Little cat woke up full of beans today 🤷🏼‍♀️😵💫 won’t eat trying to roll over while giving her a bottle 😂😂 babies are weird

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Next thread I reckon well be into 10-12 months 😭

Ps sorry about the small sleep related tantrum last night, I had a minor breakdown 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The sport i go and watch started back up this month. Which means I can go back to getting a couple of hours to myself every 2 or so weeks!
However the 5th was the first one so I took my 4 year old and she decided she was bored after 2 races and wanted to go home 🙃
Ended up leaving half way through. So I won't be taking her again 😂
Also starts just after the 4 year olds bedtime and my partner refuses to put her to bed. So it means I'll be late every time 😑😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
According to the knobwaffle I'm "boring" because I said I wanted a nap with the babies this morning because I'm tired.
Mate. I've not had a decent kip in over a year, I look after 3 kids on my own 80% of the time, unsure how wanting a nap is boring when you're the one who said you wanted a damn chill day today😡

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
No fears of that here. She’s 15 months and still such a baby. No sign of a toddler here!

• Heart
So fed up this morning. I’m still really annoyed with Mr Goss because of his behaviour last night - he claimed he didn’t know what I was talking about and then gave a half arsed apology and expected everything to be fine, which it’s not. We’ve had another long talk about our relationship and how we’re arguing all the time, he keeps saying he’s going to make more effort but nothing ever changes. And today I have to go and spend the day at his parents house with all his brothers and sisters playing happily families, having a lovely day with them after he spoilt my day with my family yesterday.

I really wish I could just not go but I don’t want him driving with the baby after how much he drank last night and it’s too far on public transport so I’ll be worrying about him getting her home at a reasonable time. At the moment I really feel like if we didn’t have the baby we’d be splitting up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
So fed up this morning. I’m still really annoyed with Mr Goss because of his behaviour last night - he claimed he didn’t know what I was talking about and then gave a half arsed apology and expected everything to be fine, which it’s not. We’ve had another long talk about our relationship and how we’re arguing all the time, he keeps saying he’s going to make more effort but nothing ever changes. And today I have to go and spend the day at his parents house with all his brothers and sisters playing happily families, having a lovely day with them after he spoilt my day with my family yesterday.

I really wish I could just not go but I don’t want him driving with the baby after how much he drank last night and it’s too far on public transport so I’ll be worrying about him getting her home at a reasonable time. At the moment I really feel like if we didn’t have the baby we’d be splitting up.
I’m so sorry, it’s so crap when you feel like he’s not trying hard and in general being a thoughtless bastard. I have asked mr tango twice whether he wants to trail a separation or go to live somewhere else because I just did not have the energy for him. Not suggesting you say that but I have been at the point of thinking it would be easier on my own because of him. It did help his realise the severity of how big our problems were

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Baby o has been coughing and sneezing all weekend, but last night and today I’ve noticed a rattling/wheezy/snotty noise when she’s trying to sleep. Do we think it’s worth getting her checked or am I just overly anxious?

• Heart
Baby o has been coughing and sneezing all weekend, but last night and today I’ve noticed a rattling/wheezy/snotty noise when she’s trying to sleep. Do we think it’s worth getting her checked or am I just overly anxious?
It’s probably nothing but I would check for peace of mind. T1 was wheezy after a cold I took her to GP who checked her over and she was ok. But glad I did x
Eta just realised it’s bank hols. Maybe you could call 111

I’m so sorry, it’s so crap when you feel like he’s not trying hard and in general being a thoughtless bastard. I have asked mr tango twice whether he wants to trail a separation or go to live somewhere else because I just did not have the energy for him. Not suggesting you say that but I have been at the point of thinking it would be easier on my own because of him. It did help his realise the severity of how big our problems were
As much as it’s tit it does help knowing that others have been in similar situations. Not having the energy for him - that’s exactly it. Now that we’ve got a baby it feels 10x more draining to be having to constantly direct him and ask him to do things a million times, I’ve got an actual baby now I don’t want to feel like I’ve got an overgrown kid for a partner too. I too have wondered what it would be like being on my own instead but he is genuinely such a good dad I know that not seeing baby every day would break his heart. He just doesn’t seem to see the link of being a good partner as well as a good dad.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We need to be able to choose two options, I have a 0-3 month old and a pet I consider a child, but since we’re on the new baby thread the human child had to win 😂

Last night was shocking again, he really struggled with his latch on both sides and was attached literally for about an hour to the point I cried that I couldn’t feed my baby even though he’s been fine up to now 😩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
As much as it’s tit it does help knowing that others have been in similar situations. Not having the energy for him - that’s exactly it. Now that we’ve got a baby it feels 10x more draining to be having to constantly direct him and ask him to do things a million times, I’ve got an actual baby now I don’t want to feel like I’ve got an overgrown kid for a partner too. I too have wondered what it would be like being on my own instead but he is genuinely such a good dad I know that not seeing baby every day would break his heart. He just doesn’t seem to see the link of being a good partner as well as a good dad.
Yep, that’s exactly what we went through. There was so much up in the air when the baby came, helping me, helping with the baby and helping with the home. I had to reiterate being a dad is more than playing the joker and getting her to laugh. He used the classic line ‘just ask me’ 🤬 I had to remind him that he was an adult and equal parent to the baby, he can’t rely on me to remind him to engage his brain. And before going to football asking did I need anything, had I been to the toilet, had I eaten, did I need ten mins of baby free time. He needed to much guidance 🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I dont know if it will help, but me & Mr TY separated after we had the eldest. He was only around 5 months old. He was an amazing dad, but he was selfish too. Obviously now we've found our way back, but for 3 years it was just me & the eldest aside from when he went to his dad's. Within about 6 weeks of me telling him to go he realised just what I did and why I was "nagging" him.
Not saying you need to do the same, but sometimes I think they need the reality to set in that oh tit if something doesn't change she will. If that makes sense?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.