Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i know, I was so shocked when someone said on here (some posts seem to have disappeared when the thread was merged) that her and Chloe are the same age in real life!
Yeah I think I remember her saying she was playing older (like late 30s) as I think Dipi must've had Yashvi around 20. April I think is playing a bit younger as I guess is late 20s? since Tyler is the youngest sibling.

Yep she's so glam on insta! Quite funny that on the show her social circle is mainly Sheila and Jane!

God the storylines are annoying at the moment.

I’m so sick of Sheila being an absolute head. I’m so sick of Hendrix mad his stupidity and gormless face.

I am enjoying Amy and Shane though.

Reactions: 3

I’m so sick of Sheila being an absolute head. I’m so sick of Hendrix mad his stupidity and gormless face.

I don’t know why I watch it half the time lol just part of my routine lol I’m normally on my phone 🤦‍♀️

They’ve really managed to make potentially interesting storylines quite boring recently. E.g. Hendrix’s gambling, crazy Scarlett, Shane’s drug addiction. They did Sonyas story so well so I know it’s possible for them to write these issues better!

Reactions: 1

I'm fast forwarding the Hendrix rubbish. I just feel that type of story line has been so done to death before.

I'm loving Amy and Shane too!

Enjoyed the little Easter egg today with Paul saying he thought the lip sync song was catchy but couldn’t remember who sung it originally 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Do you guys remember "Amber Turner" on Neighbours? She was in "Firefly Lane" and is the partner of Chris Milligan who I think has returned to Neighbours as Kyle. In "Firefly Lane" she was Kate's young boss at that new magazine (the one who wrote the expose about Tully).

1613635059689.png
1613635079518.png

"Johnny" on "Firefly Lane" used to play "Frazer Yeats".
1613635179226.png
1613635197740.png

Reactions: 2
Amy must be the most pointless comeback ever. Even more pointless than Ruby in Eastenders! She dated Toadie’s housemate 20 years ago. so god knows why she’d been brought back? If they wanted Shane to have a new love interest they could have just introduced a new character?

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read this?

It’s awful that this is still happening in 2021. Neighbours has definitely gone downhill recently. Who do we think the cast member is?
Australia is about 30-40 years behind the U.K in terms of inclusion. My cousin lived there for year about seven years ago and couldn’t believe some of the things people came out with. Casual racism is very much the norm. If this was Corrie or Eastenders the actor in question would be sacked on the spot. What is ‘racial sensitivity course’ going to achieve?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
His run of tweets is very interesting about how racist and homophobic the Neighbours cast apparently was and still is allegedly.....

• Sad
I’ve read on Twitter that it’s the actress who plays Sheila Canning. It does fit because there was a storyline where she went on holiday recently (where Shane and Dipi had to look after her gnomes). I’d be very surprised if it was one of the younger cast.

I’ve read on Twitter that it’s the actress who plays Sheila Canning. It does fit because there was a storyline where she went on holiday recently (where Shane and Dipi had to look after her gnomes). I’d be very surprised if it was one of the younger cast.
The woman who's come out with it all is playing Sheila Canning for a six week guest roll so there will be two characters on the show with the same name. I have no idea who will have been sent away from the set for a week. Another past cast member has spoken out about it.......

I don't think she's improved my chances of seeing her back in the show with Kyle some day :( How badly people are treated there might explain why most of the cast leave after a few years.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Its rumoured that they killed off Sonia Rebecchi because the actress had a baby and wanted to work fewer hours. Don’t know how true that is, but she was very open about how she hadn’t wanted to leave. She was one of the best actors and characters in the show. Kim Valentine (Libby) sued the producers which is why she’s not been seen for years despite having been a major long term character and her parents being the longest serving regular cast members.

It was also a bit murky as to why Steph Scully and Mark Brennan were axed. Though Mark still appears occasionally as a guest so the bridges haven’t been totally burned there. It’s interesting that he returned when Sonia died but neither Steph not Libby did despite being very close to Toadie and Sonia. Libby is effectively Toadies surrogate sister and Steph lived with them!

Its rumoured that they killed off Sonia Rebecchi because the actress had a baby and wanted to work fewer hours. Don’t know how true that is, but she was very open about how she hadn’t wanted to leave. She was one of the best actors and characters in the show. Kim Valentine (Libby) sued the producers which is why she’s not been seen for years despite having been a major long term character and her parents being the longest serving regular cast members.

It was also a bit murky as to why Steph Scully and Mark Brennan were axed. Though Mark still appears occasionally as a guest so the bridges haven’t been totally burned there. It’s interesting that he returned when Sonia died but neither Steph not Libby did despite being very close to Toadie and Sonia. Libby is effectively Toadies surrogate sister and Steph lived with them!
Allegedly Eve wanted the same money for less work and that’s why she was cut. I’m not sure if that’s true as it’s pretty drastic but it’s understandable. I think a divorce storyline was initially written but it got scrapped because it wasn’t believable for their characters. As for Scott I think his wife was pregnant and he just wanted to spend more time with kids(2 under 4). I’m sure as long as Aaron and Chloe are still characters he’s at least an option of coming back. I don’t think he has any bad blood. Hadn’t heard about Kym and suing producers. I always thought she’d never returned because of ongoing health issues.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.