Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the heads up! I didn’t realise he was on it. Will watch on the app.
They showed some bloopers at the end of the tour show and Alan just cracked up. Jackie said he does it every night.

Reactions: 1
I didn’t manage to get tickets for the tour but I’d love a Ramsay St sign, does anyone know where you can buy merch?

Surely this is just the Daily Fail stirring because Kylie can’t seriously think this?

Apparently, Kylie Minogue felt she was duped into appearing in the last episode of Neighbours and is annoyed that the show is coming back 🤨. I’m seriously baffled by this which makes me doubt it’s true. The show propelled her into establishing a music career, so why would she not want other aspiring Australian creatives to be given the same opportunity she was, all the way back in the ‘80s? Not to mention how a plethora of people who were made redundant last year have now got their jobs back. I’ve often thought of what Kylie thinks about the show being revived, and I hope this isn’t it. She should be proud of the fact her return as Charlene influenced millions to tune into the final episode, which meant the finale drew huge ratings which played a hand in Amazon’s decision to save the show.

However, what’s making doubt this is true is that the article goes onto state that Guy Pearce is of the same way of thinking when in actuality, they’ve just taken a quote from a deprecating speech he made at the AACTA Awards on behalf of Neighbours and Guy has said several times he’s pleased the show has come back. Also, Margot Robbie apparently tried to move her filming schedules around so she could come back to Australia and film scenes for the finale which is just lovely, however she wouldn’t have been “angry” if she did that for the show to come back, months later like the article has stated when Margot has stated a couple of times that she’s so happy the show has been revived.

Reactions: 3
I can sort of see their point. They’d been invited back loads but Kylie certainly said she didn’t want to overshadow the current cast so always said no. So many of them going back does show the warmth and affection they have for the show, and the launchpad it gave them, and now the whole finale has been made redundant by the Amazon rescue. I really hope they do it justice and it’s not a damp squib. If it gets cancelled again it certainly won’t get the same treatment it did last year

This is my worry. They went out on such a bang it seems really risky to bring it back and then go out again with a whimper.

The Kylie article reminded me of an anecdote Alan Fletcher said, he was in the show years ago for three weeks as a mechanic, he was chatting to Kylie and she told him she’s just recorded a song and was excited. He wished her good luck with it and hoped it went well and obviously at the time had no idea how big she would get.
also the cast said they don’t know whose coming back but will have a zoom call next week and will find out at that who is in the show so we should know more very soon.
It would interesting to know if they talked about the same things/ asked the same questions at each show. My guess is no. There’s so much material to cover I wonder if they swap things around to keep it fresh.

Reactions: 2
I'm actually feeling really weird about it returning. Neighbours was a huge part of my daily routine since I was a young child. As pathetic as it sounds, I grieved the loss of it but was fortunate to be able to fold the end of it into a milestone birthday and a huge change in life circumstances that was ongoing.

Watching again is a risk because I could have that comfort ripped away again but at a point that it mighy be harder to deal with.

I realise I sound ridiculous because it's just a programme buy that's how I feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm actually feeling really weird about it returning. Neighbours was a huge part of my daily routine since I was a young child. As pathetic as it sounds, I grieved the loss of it but was fortunate to be able to fold the end of it into a milestone birthday and a huge change in life circumstances that was ongoing.

Watching again is a risk because I could have that comfort ripped away again but at a point that it mighy be harder to deal with.

I realise I sound ridiculous because it's just a programme buy that's how I feel.
I get what you mean. I feel like many fans are going to be on tenterhooks once the show returns, fearing that it may be cancelled again in the future. It’s worth noting that a new law is set to be implemented in 2024 which introduces streaming content quotas, meaning streaming services have to output a certain number of hours of Australian content, on a regular basis. Neighbours could significantly help Amazon meet the content quota meaning it may be around for many more years.

However, I do think us, as the fanbase need some clarification/reassurance from Amazon or Fremantle regarding how long the show has been renewed for.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I get what you mean. I feel like many fans are going to be on tenterhooks once the show returns, fearing that it may be cancelled again in the future. It’s worth noting that a new law is set to be implemented in 2024 which introduces streaming content quotas, meaning streaming services have to output a certain number of hours of Australian content, on a regular basis. Neighbours could significantly help Amazon meet the content quota meaning it may be around for many more years.

However, I do think us, as the fanbase need some clarification/reassurance from Amazon or Fremantle regarding how long the show has been renewed for.
We've got it back for 2 years and who knows after that? I'm glad it's coming back, the show has been cancelled numerous times before but always made a come back. I think this time I'm prepared for it not to be renewed.

Reactions: 4
We've got it back for 2 years and who knows after that? I'm glad it's coming back, the show has been cancelled numerous times before but always made a come back. I think this time I'm prepared for it not to be renewed.
There are no guarantees in life so I think you have got the right attitude. I am looking forward to it.. I have tried quite a few soaps again since last July and haven't cared about any of them enough to watch them full time again. There was something about Neighbours that got me watching again that no other soaps have managed at the moment. Home and Away especially was a great let down..

There are no guarantees in life so I think you have got the right attitude. I am looking forward to it.. I have tried quite a few soaps again since last July and haven't cared about any of them enough to watch them full time again. There was something about Neighbours that got me watching again that no other soaps have managed at the moment. Home and Away especially was a great let down..
I felt like that when I tried again with the UK ones & Home and Away. None made me want to watch every ep. Though i've recently restarted watching Shortland Street. I last watched it I think 2017/18 as the place I watched stopped showing it.

I felt like that when I tried again with the UK ones & Home and Away. None made me want to watch every ep. Though i've recently restarted watching Shortland Street. I last watched it I think 2017/18 as the place I watched stopped showing it.
Ah that's one I have never watched. I am glad I am not the only one with UK soaps, I semi bother about Emmerdale but that's it and I was weaned on all the good English soaps! I am watching the very first Brookside episodes at the mo, but even them are not holding my attention much. Now that was a soap opera that should have been put out of its misery a yr or 2 before it was! Although at one point I would have said it was my fav...

I religiously watched corrie, stopped when we found out the news about neighbours and can't get back into it. Home and Away, I tried with that a month or two after neighbours finished, but it's changed so much and I couldn't get into it, it also doesn't have the warmth of neighbours.

I'm really enjoying the classic neighbours, although they missed out the Starks and I loved the Starks.

I’m slowly working my way through them and it’s so lovely to watch. Getting new neighbours is amazing but if it all ends again I hope they keep the old episodes. I could happily watch them again and with 35 years worth I’d never get bored.

It’s just popped on my Instagram feed that 2013 is going to be released on freevee this week. The trailer had the Karl, Susan and Sarah storyline (when she returned). I’m feeling my age because I’m sure that wasn’t 10 years ago!

It’s just popped on my Instagram feed that 2013 is going to be released on freevee this week. The trailer had the Karl, Susan and Sarah storyline (when she returned). I’m feeling my age because I’m sure that wasn’t 10 years ago!
Is that when she brings her son and he stays with Karl and Susan? Was he called Hamish?
---
I'm currently watching Toadie and Dee get married and all I can think of is that she knows she's going to disappear on the wedding day.

Yeah it’s is that one. I’m sure someone maybe hamish is ill and she wants money? I might have made that up. All I think of now is how she has some quite extreme views in real life though.
I prefer Karl Susan and Izzy. At the tour they said they get on really well with Izzy and I think it comes across when they are on screen.

I hadn’t really thought of Dee and the wedding saga. Must be weird watching it knowing all the story that happened so many years later.
I’m still in 1980 something with Kylie and Jason. It’s funny that they all called her Lenny to start with but the nickname must have got dropped as I don’t remember Charlene being known as Lenny.

Yeah it’s is that one. I’m sure someone maybe hamish is ill and she wants money? I might have made that up. All I think of now is how she has some quite extreme views in real life though.
I prefer Karl Susan and Izzy. At the tour they said they get on really well with Izzy and I think it comes across when they are on screen.

I hadn’t really thought of Dee and the wedding saga. Must be weird watching it knowing all the story that happened so many years later.
I’m still in 1980 something with Kylie and Jason. It’s funny that they all called her Lenny to start with but the nickname must have got dropped as I don’t remember Charlene being known as Lenny.
I couldn't remember her being called Lenny, but they call it her in more or less every episode she's in.

I remember her being called Lenny.. Madge would definitely call her Charlene at the top of her lungs though if she was in trouble!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.