Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the interview and I have to say it was a much better improvement from Stefan Dennis being interviewed on GMB the other week.

I’m so glad April-Rose Pengilly was on the show, to represents the modern era of Neighbours which I feel is an era that’s often neglected by interviewers when they’re putting questions to cast members.

The only new thing we learnt during this interview is that April is coming back for the first six weeks of the show resuming filming. This could possibly mean Ian Smith who plays Harold could be back for a similar period of time which I really hope!

Thankfully, there was only one mention of Kylie and Jason and thankfully Alison and Dermott knew better than to ask the redundant question of whether or not Scott and Charlene will be returning.

Apparently, there’s going to a huge story which will kick off when the show returns, but the cast don’t know what it is yet.

Also, someone apparently fainted at the meet and greet 😆

Reactions: 3
I’ve just seen. It’s so exciting isn’t it.

What’s worth noting is I’ve looked at whose liked the recent Neighbours Instagram post announcing the date of the resumption of filming and I’ve seen that Lucinda Cowden (Mel), Phoebe Roberts (Freya), Takaya Honda (David), Charlotte Chimes (Nic) and Rebekah Elmaloglu (Terese) have all liked the post. I’m pretty sure Melanie is returning and we’ll all know Terese is so I wonder if this hints at who else is returning to the show.
I hope Mel is returning

Reactions: 2
Vote Susan Kennedy for best soap character!

We need to ensure Susan Kennedy is crowned as the best soap character to cap off a hugely successful stint in the UK for the Neighbours cast.

She’s currently on track to secure majority of the votes in this race to be crowned soap champion. She’s up against the vile Ben Mitchell from Eastenders. It’s worth noting this character is a human trafficker and murderer therefore Susan who is a pillar of the community in Erinsborough cannot lose to this type of person 😂. The Ben fandom from what I gather, is a very toxic community so they’ll be determined to ensure this character is crowned the winner.

You can vote as many times as you like as it’s completely free, therefore if everyone who reads this votes Susan as the best soap character 20 times she’ll hopefully be on track to win.

Reactions: 5

We need to ensure Susan Kennedy is crowned as the best soap character to cap off a hugely successful stint in the UK for the Neighbours cast.

She’s currently on track to secure majority of the votes in this race to be crowned soap champion. She’s up against the vile Ben Mitchell from Eastenders. It’s worth noting this character is a human trafficker and murderer therefore Susan who is a pillar of the community in Erinsborough cannot lose to this type of person 😂. The Ben fandom from what I gather, is a very toxic community so they’ll be determined to ensure this character is crowned the winner.

You can vote as many times as you like as it’s completely free, therefore if everyone who reads this votes Susan as the best soap character 20 times she’ll hopefully be on track to win.
I'm always surprised that people still watch the depressing shite that is eastenders.

Reactions: 1

Done, I like that the silent Suze fans are taking over 😅

Had a dream last night that they killed off Mike by drowning him in swimming pool and they made Guy come back to do it.

• Haha
Speaking of Guy Pearce, I’m really disappointed that he’s been forced into publicly apologising for simply raising a question on Twitter regarding trans actors.

I saw the original tweets and they didn’t contain any offensive content within them. Guy Pearce simply raised the question of given how trans characters can only be played by trans actors, should trans actors really play cis characters? The issue was the question itself was too complex for activists to provide a definitive answer for, therefore people started accusing him of endorsing transphobia. I’m ashamed to see that some Neighbours fans have hopped on this bandwagon as well, telling him to “do better”.

Reactions: 5
Speaking of Guy Pearce, I’m really disappointed that he’s been forced into publicly apologising for simply raising a question on Twitter regarding trans actors.

I saw the original tweets and they didn’t contain any offensive content within them. Guy Pearce simply raised the question of given how trans characters can only be played by trans actors, should trans actors really play cis characters? The issue was the question itself was too complex for activists to provide a definitive answer for, therefore people started accusing him of endorsing transphobia. I’m ashamed to see that some Neighbours fans have hopped on this bandwagon as well, telling him to “do better”.
I've seen this mentioned in an fb neighbours group and some don't want him back now.

Not the one I saw but she did mention Victor appear along with a child she has neglected to mention!
I am glad about this I did read Victor was going to come out the woodwork before plans were shelved due to the axing. Wow ref another child though!
---
I'm always surprised that people still watch the depressing shite that is eastenders.
I watched for the first time in 10yrs over Christmas but couldn't keep it up.. One of my New yrs resolutions was to get interested in watching a soap again apart from Neighbours when it reappears.(I know most people go for things to improve themselves! I was though in a way because I am terrible at face recognition so engaging in a soap again I figured might help!) I just couldn't do it though so have to wait for Neighbours return...The other soaps are just too depressing like you say.

Last edited:
I am glad about this I did read Victor was going to come out the woodwork before plans were shelved due to the axing. Wow ref another child though!
---

I watched for the first time in 10yrs over Christmas but couldn't keep it up.. One of my New yrs resolutions was to get interested in watching a soap again apart from Neighbours when it reappears.(I know most people go for things to improve themselves! I was though in a way because I am terrible at face recognition so engaging in a soap again I figured might help!) I just couldn't do it though so have to wait for Neighbours return...The other soaps are just too depressing like you say.
The other soaps are depressing, I've tried getting I to corrie again but there is no comedy in it at the moment.
Are you watching the classic episodes on freevee?

The other soaps are depressing, I've tried getting I to corrie again but there is no comedy in it at the moment.
Are you watching the classic episodes on freevee?
I am watching some and some on "Ben's" channel on YouTube. He keeps putting them up, then deleting them though I don't think he wants to step on Amazon's toes which I don't blame him! Some have better sound quality than others which is to be expected. I watched a clip of when the Kennedy's first moved in the other day! I came across the last 6 minutes of the tour footage on a few folks you tube too where they say the monologue together and sing. I think I have sorted out what happened with Dee and Toadie and a few more riddles from the past in the last few weeks too. I like doing research and Neighbours is as good a topic as any to research as it is coming back... (I only work part time so it keeps be occupied!)

I am watching some and some on "Ben's" channel on YouTube. He keeps putting them up, then deleting them though I don't think he wants to step on Amazon's toes which I don't blame him! Some have better sound quality than others which is to be expected. I watched a clip of when the Kennedy's first moved in the other day! I came across the last 6 minutes of the tour footage on a few folks you tube too where they say the monologue together and sing. I think I have sorted out what happened with Dee and Toadie and a few more riddles from the past in the last few weeks too. I like doing research and Neighbours is as good a topic as any to research as it is coming back... (I only work part time so it keeps be occupied!)
I'll have to watchbthem innhis own channel

The actress who played Anne Wilkinson in neoghbours is in The Twelve in itvx really good drama highly recommend

I'll have to watchbthem innhis own channel
Just had a quick look this morning and he seems to have deleted his channel this time not just the content..I am guessing this could be final this time, it's a shame because he covered episodes that Amazon don't at moment. ☹

There’s loads of episodes on Daily Motion. I started watching from the beginning on the Ben YouTube channel, but he deleted everything, then re uploaded, but he said he was going to delete everything once they’re on Amazon. Someone on this thread mentioned Daily Motion. I’m up to episode 275 and am loving it!

There’s loads of episodes on Daily Motion. I started watching from the beginning on the Ben YouTube channel, but he deleted everything, then re uploaded, but he said he was going to delete everything once they’re on Amazon. Someone on this thread mentioned Daily Motion. I’m up to episode 275 and am loving it!
Funnily enough I have just come across him/her today! It was a bit weird with Ben because he did say that and did it but then started reloading last week but has now deleted everything again including channel. I was surprised at the reappearance last week, but probably thought better of it again.

I’m working my way through the classic ones. I just got to Marc and stephs wedding and recognised his cousin and best man. Couldn’t work out how then it hit me he’s Tim Collins! Love that random characters hang around on neighbours.
Also amazed me how Scottish Drew and Libby’s wedding was! I don’t remember all the bagpipes and haggis and him singing old mountain thyme, it was a lovely wedding.

I’m working my way through the classic ones. I just got to Marc and stephs wedding and recognised his cousin and best man. Couldn’t work out how then it hit me he’s Tim Collins! Love that random characters hang around on neighbours.
Also amazed me how Scottish Drew and Libby’s wedding was! I don’t remember all the bagpipes and haggis and him singing old mountain thyme, it was a lovely wedding.
I forgot the bagpipes, etc as well. I love 5e classics, but I hate how they skip years out and really good storylines. I think they showed too many 80’s episodes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.