Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t very old when Kylie left so I wonder if I just forgot because since she left they only ever referred to her as Charlene.

Reactions: 1
I wasn’t very old when Kylie left so I wonder if I just forgot because since she left they only ever referred to her as Charlene.
Same here, well I think I was around 8/9 and I could only remember her being called Charlene

Reactions: 2
The cast are on This Morning tomorrow apparently.

The last time a member of the Neighbours cast was on This Morning, was Alan Fletcher during the show’s final week last year. This is probably the biggest platform they have in the country to spread news about the show’s return.

• Heart
The cast are on This Morning tomorrow apparently.

The last time a member of the Neighbours cast was on This Morning, was Alan Fletcher during the show’s final week last year. This is probably the biggest platform they have in the country to spread news about the show’s return.
I might record it. I just get fed up of the same old questions and they always mention Kylie and Jason.l, it must be really annoying for the cast.

I might record it. I just get fed up of the same old questions and they always mention Kylie and Jason.l, it must be really annoying for the cast.
Same here. I swear I could recite exactly how all the cast found out about the show’s return off by heart, now.

The fact Kylie and Jason came back for the finale and people are STILL asking them to return for the revival is ludicrous. I’d much rather Guy Pearce return as Mike.

Reactions: 4
Same here. I swear I could recite exactly how all the cast found out about the show’s return off by heart, now.

The fact Kylie and Jason came back for the finale and people are STILL asking them to return for the revival is ludicrous. I’d much rather Guy Pearce return as Mike.
Yes to Guy Pearce returning. I hope we get to see gim in some capacity, maybe a video call to Jane. I loved how much effort he put into the final.

Reactions: 3

Yes I was a child in the late 80s so completely bought in to the whole Kylie and Jason thing at the time but would have been quite happy for them not to have appeared in the final! I know they were dammed if they did, dammed if they didn't but no just no. I won't be watching their wedding again.

Yes I was a child in the late 80s so completely bought in to the whole Kylie and Jason thing at the time but would have been quite happy for them not to have appeared in the final! I know they were dammed if they did, dammed if they didn't but no just no. I won't be watching their wedding again.
I watched their wedding on freevee, but I was more invested in Libby and Drew and Toadie and Dee's wedding.

I watched their wedding on freevee, but I was more invested in Libby and Drew and Toadie and Dee's wedding.
I ought to watch both of them. I didn't see either first time around because of that gap, but I do know the story of Libby and Drew a bit. I must admit looking it up I could never make head nor tail of what happened with Dee in the end and where Hugo sprung from. I could at least understand Toadie's history with Sonia..Also Susan Kennedy's history sent my head spinning a bit the fact she had been married to someone else as well as all her health issues. Paul well I did see 3 of his marriages but number 4 and 5 escaped me! I have patched my knowledge up as best as I can thanks to goggle over time, but some of it you think what! Having said that it would be worse if I was doing that for 25yrs of EastEnders I am sure!

I ought to watch both of them. I didn't see either first time around because of that gap, but I do know the story of Libby and Drew a bit. I must admit looking it up I could never make head nor tail of what happened with Dee in the end and where Hugo sprung from. I could at least understand Toadie's history with Sonia..Also Susan Kennedy's history sent my head spinning a bit the fact she had been married to someone else as well as all her health issues. Paul well I did see 3 of his marriages but number 4 and 5 escaped me! I have patched my knowledge up as best as I can thanks to goggle over time, but some of it you think what! Having said that it would be worse if I was doing that for 25yrs of EastEnders I am sure!
I‘ve missed quite a bit where I dipped in and out and I’ve forgotten a lot. I’ve been enjoying the old episodes, it’s a bit annoying when they jump years, they missed out the Starks, Drew‘s death, Helen and Jim’s death, so much. They showed Toadie and Dee’s wedding and then they’ve skipped a few years for the next episode.

I‘ve missed quite a bit where I dipped in and out and I’ve forgotten a lot. I’ve been enjoying the old episodes, it’s a bit annoying when they jump years, they missed out the Starks, Drew‘s death, Helen and Jim’s death, so much. They showed Toadie and Dee’s wedding and then they’ve skipped a few years for the next episode.
Helens death 😢 I was a heartbroken 9 year old 😂

• Sad
I looked her up and felt terrible sad. I thought she must have been about 85 when she died in real life which wasn’t much later than when she left neighbours but she was only 68. Seems like she’d had a lot of health issues even prior to neighbours.

I looked her up and felt terrible sad. I thought she must have been about 85 when she died in real life which wasn’t much later than when she left neighbours but she was only 68. Seems like she’d had a lot of health issues even prior to neighbours.
Wow, she was only 68? She looked so old, but they all did I the 80’s episodes

They start filming in the 17th April, surely they'll announce more cast members before filming commences.

They start filming in the 17th April, surely they'll announce more cast members before filming commences.
I’ve just seen. It’s so exciting isn’t it.

What’s worth noting is I’ve looked at whose liked the recent Neighbours Instagram post announcing the date of the resumption of filming and I’ve seen that Lucinda Cowden (Mel), Phoebe Roberts (Freya), Takaya Honda (David), Charlotte Chimes (Nic) and Rebekah Elmaloglu (Terese) have all liked the post. I’m pretty sure Melanie is returning and we’ll all know Terese is so I wonder if this hints at who else is returning to the show.

Yes I do remember reading she had alot of health issues. It's like Eileen Des's mum I thought she was an old woman at the time the way she dressed more than anything, but the poor woman died when she was only about 50..
---
I didn't know the date, that's very soon. I read somewhere that they are all going to go on a zoom call and one by one the remaining cast that have not been named will be revealed to the rest on the call. I don't know how true that is!

Last edited:
That is true! It’s what toadie said at the the tour last week. He was joking about Melanie saying he will be watching the screens appear and hoping she’s one of them. I think he genuinely doesn’t know who is returning, but he said he’s really hoping Lucinda does.

• Heart
It was not mentioned at our show. Ryan was quite clear he wanted Lucinda back but hadn’t been told either way. She did a video link at the start and I’m sure if she wasn’t going to be involved she wouldn’t have done that.
April said on this morning she’s only signed up for 6 weeks at the moment.
im glad it was Alison and dermot interviewing. No new information and Alan plugged his tour 🤣. Pity they didn’t explain its on freevee as they just said Amazon, but hopefully gave them some more exposure.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.