Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ensay

VIP Member
I'm currently watching today's episode. Had to laugh when Chloe said to Byron "I'll see if I can square some time off for you with Paul". He hasn't been seen working at Lassiters for weeks. 😂

Christmas has come early to Ramsay Street. As they film several months ahead, it must have felt weird putting up a tree in July/August, assuming it was filmed around then!

I wonder how long they'll drag out the school closing storyline.

Reactions: 5

Ensay

VIP Member
Andrew seems to be the only Police officer in Melbourne. ;)

Would hostels really give out details of who had stayed to any random person? They didn't know Reece was her sister.

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
I feel Therese’s frustration she’s the only one saying hurry the f*ck up 🤣

Any chance Stefan isn’t sticking around? I’m sure I saw in one of his interviews he retired after Neighbours finished up.

It’s like one of those drawn out 10 part Netflix docs where you still don’t know anymore from when you started 🤣

• Haha

Em_

VIP Member
I guess Mike and Jane could decide to leave for a fresh start somewhere and pull out of the house deal leaving Chloe to think she might stay after all if Elly is willing to relocate. Although I am not sure if in the final episode Chloe had already sold to Shane? I feel a bit sorry for Annie (Jane) as in order for Mike and Jane to have their happy ending really she can't come back long term as Guy won't.. i never watched Chloe and Elly together only at the end so can't form an opinion at the moment. I am still rooting for Terese and Mel to come back but will have to see..
I hope Terese and Mel come back more than anyone, because I don't want to split the two couples up, even though Terese can do better than Paul.
I hope Jane comes back, maybe they could either kill Mike off or jane mentions him and we never see him. I suppose they could re-cast him, but that wouldn't work.
I'd love Roxy and Kyle back.
I would like from the recentish cast, Xanthe, Tyler and Piper to come back, I don't think any of them did anything for the final. I'd have liked to see Ben and Xanthe and Libby, but the actor who plays Ben won't come back, he's doing well in America.

pixxyy

VIP Member
I wonder whether or not it will work as a streaming only show? I know Hollyoaks is also going online only and it’s probably the way forward for soaps, but a lot of Neighbours viewers are older and don’t have a clue.
Thats partly why when they tried this a few Years ago with 2 American Soaps it failed. I think this has more chance though as streaming is much more common & Neighbours has younger fans than the 2 I mentioned so tech wise its easier. Plus depending on your TV you can still watch it via that.

I really enjoyed it though I'd read the spoilers so knew who'd be getting married. Though like others I assumed a fake Wedding. Interested in why Susan has had a payout. And glad Toadie's Mum was at the Wedding as Angie,Imogen,Daniel appearing had been kept quiet though the latter 2 it leaked

griftalo

VIP Member
I’d rather have had Freya back
---
It’s really bizarre how a nearly 40yr old woman is being ordered back to
The USA! She’s not a child.

Last edited:
It was and she was shoplifting from a shop that opened in the complex
I've had a Google and it was Lyn Scully who I was thinking of. She started stealing things because she had post natal depression after the birth of Oscar. This was 2003/4 ish so a bit more 'ages ago' than I thought 😆.

Last edited:

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Theres a part of the trailer which reveals the bride & been rumors for awhile that this is our couple
Toadie & Terese
Yep it’s true. I’ve been in contact with someone who is a friend of someone who currently works on the show. They’ve been leaking information to me about the reboot ever since the show resumed production. So far everything they’ve told me about the reboot has amounted to be true so I’d say they’re a fairly reliable source.

They told me about the show casting an actor called Riley Bryant to play a member of the new family (they told me this the weekend before the show resumed filming) which turned out to be true. They told me about Guy Pearce returning before it was confirmed. They told me that Xavier Molyneux was playing a recasted Byron before his was announced and they told me about the wedding a couple of months ago. Despite this being quite a twist, apparently it’s definitely not all as it seems.

Also for everyone questioning whether or not we’ll be a week behind Australian-pace don’t worry. It’s been confirmed by Freevee that the show will return on Sept 18th, the same date it’ll return to screens in Australia. Its in Australia episodes of Neighbours will air on Prime Video, a week after they’ve aired on 10.

AdsB

VIP Member
I think it's best not to think about it too much..It's a world that doesn't exist in a time that while modern doesn't exist either! It's one reason I started watching it again with covid etc in the real world...Agree ref Paul and the security cameras...He looked at them the other month to see what Reece and Byron were up to, but didn't look to see what had happened to the body. I went down a wormhole of characters yesterday and it says Reece's sister was "seemingly dead", so think you are all right and she isn't..
Yeah that’s true. It’s like Home and Away where no one has the date on their phones and it’s always summer and Christmas doesn’t exist 😂.

• Haha

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
It was pretty unbelievable that Holly was able to stay at the hotel and wander round Erinsbrough without anyone spotting her despite the fact that no one can go anywhere without bumping into someone they know on a normal day! Plus we know that other characters had been in scenes in these locations supposedly on the same day.

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I’m sure it’s just me but Mischa Barton’s acting just seems really wooden. Maybe it’s just her accent, I’ve never watched the OC or other things she’s been in though so no idea if she’s been good in other things.

Raquencha

Chatty Member
But are the viewing figures in relation to other showed or in relation to previous neighbours figures as one of the issues was it’s not been widely viewed in Australia for a long time and it’s been overseas figures that have kept it going.

Alan Fletcher said that he was on a 12 month contract for years. It was pretty standard to only give 12 month contracts so I guess it’s something they are all pretty used to.

netflixbritney

Do we know if more classic episodes will be made available?
What is the thinking behind only having 50 of the old ones but absolutely everything since 2012?

I'd like to see:

Phoebe - taking off her glasses per Plain Jane 2.0, having a snake and giving birth on Todd’s grave

Julie falling downstairs

Libby having affair with pupil

Libby & bad influence boyfriend – Darren Stark/Todd MacDonald

Kerry being shot

Annalise

Beth/Lauren/Brad

Em_

VIP Member
I guess it could be a daydream he’s having?
It’s a bit of a stretch but I could see it. 🤷🏼‍♀️ This is, after all, the show that had a dream sequence for a dog. 😂
I think thats why I can see it, they’ve had some batshit storylines in the past, most recently with everyone believing that Gary came back as a pigeon.

• Haha

Em_

VIP Member
I didn’t like Mark’s character that much. Too straight laced but yeah he was fit and it’s not exactly like I’d want a deep and meaningful conversation 😂
I liked original Pierce 😍
I follow him on Instagram for the eye candy.
Original pierce was for, but second pierce was definitely the better actor

Joanie

I've been watching the 2013 episodes and Toadie is marrying Sonia. Watching the new episodes watching Toadie and Terese getting married. I'm not buying this Paul and Terese are meant to be.