Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I watched the first episode and it just doesn't feel the same, does this change in the following eps or do I have to adjust?
By the end of the week, I felt comfortable and back into it again (although Toadie and Terese is still weird, but they weren’t in Thursday’s ep, so might be why it felt more normal lol).

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Roobarb

When I saw one scene yesterday with the Boo's, I though it was nice to see them. But today when David Boo was with Paul I was annoyed again 😈

Sick of seeing Toadie's gormless face as well. Had he only got two expressions?

Apart from that, I'm just confused what's so big to alter so many lives?

LilacLady53

Chatty Member
Me too! Completely forgot about it not being on and went to watch. Does seem a bit weird but would rather have 4 days than none.
Interesting about accents. My mother in law moved from Scotland at 16 to Yorkshire but has spent most of her adult life in the midlands. She has a very random accent some words are very Scottish, and some Yorkshire twang. I wonder if some people are more prone to picking up accents.
In neighbours I think Andrew Robinsons was the most hilarious as they had to invent a reason why he had a Scottish twang to it 😂
Similar to my youngest. I’m Devon, England & her father is Scottish. He has quite a weird accent, he’s from the north of Scotland & I often had to translate what he was saying for other people. But our daughter has literally no discernable accent. She has spent her whole life in Devon yet has no Devonian about her at all. We attribute it to her growing up with 2 strong accents & they somehow cancelled each other out. Accents are weird but I love them 🤣

Em_

VIP Member
I think I’ve worked out someone who may be returning…

I saw a Twitter post earlier this week quoting Jodi Gordon (actress who played Elly Conway). I’m paraphrasing but she said she’d love to return to Neighbours and she had been in talks with members of production but nothing has amounted from those talks as of yet. The only source I could find online that could possibly verify the contents of this Tweet is an article in the Daily Telegraph that’s hidden behind a paywall…

April Rose-Pengilly who plays Chloe when initially responding to the news that Neighbours was returning was originally apprehensive to the idea of returning because she didn’t want to ruin the happy ending that #Chelly fans received back in July. Since then, on one of her Instagram stories a month or so ago, she’s said she’d be willing to return to Neighbours and either move back to Melbourne or commute there. With April about to embark on the Neighbours UK Celebration Tour, in the next few weeks, I feel it’d be slightly awkward, if production haven’t at least asked her to reprise her role of Chloe once the show returns. Therefore, given how producers have likely asked April if she wants to return coupled with the fact that she’s stated on her Instagram she’d be willing to return to Neighbours and how she’s now no longer responding to questions on her Instagram asking her if she’s been asked back yet, this all points towards the idea that she’s returning to the show.

Here’s a clip of April and Jodi together:

This to me suggests that April was willing to return to Neighbours when she heard that Jodi was considering going back as well. This way, #Chelly fans are satisfied and the actresses get to return to the show.
I hope she doesn't return, I hated Chelly and the ending they gave Chloe was awful. I don't know anyone who likes them, they are quite disliked on a neighbours fb group I'm on.
I love the character of Chloe, but I'd rather they not bring her back if they bring Chelly back. I also wondered how she could come back as she was the only one who sold her house.

Em_

VIP Member
Mischa Barton doesn't play grief very well. Her character just found out her sister (supposedly) died after spending months trying to find her and she just seems mildly annoyed.

Also just because Krista isn't dead surely that doesn't mean the charges against Mel will be instantly dropped as the preview for tomorrow's episode suggests? She still covered it all up.
She's a rubbish actor, I think it shows by the fact that she hasn't been in much since the oc.
I'm surprised that they revealed that Krista was alive so early on and didnt drag it out any further.
I wonder if Mel will face charges for the drug deal she got caught up in in England, isn’t she a fugitive? I cant imagine they'd want to extradite her for that. Do we know why Paul isn't on remand?

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I don’t know if I’ve remembered the show as being better than it was, or if the cast are out of practice, but the acting is awful in the new episodes. So wooden and unnatural - even the characters I always loved!
Is it just me?!
Not just you. It feels off.

Em_

VIP Member
Mel and Toadie are far better suited than Toadie and Terese. I loved today's episode, flashback week is going to be good.

Vixen88

VIP Member
It was pretty unbelievable that Holly was able to stay at the hotel and wander round Erinsbrough without anyone spotting her despite the fact that no one can go anywhere without bumping into someone they know on a normal day! Plus we know that other characters had been in scenes in these locations supposedly on the same day.
I guess they wrote the finale as a proper finale and now trying to shoehorn a crazy story line, new characters into it, it’s just going to be a bit nuts.

I watch it (and have done for years) in my lunch break as something a bit funny and light hearted. I’m enjoying it back on and enjoying seeing some old faces again - Shane and Lance… and love the mention of Mike and Karl writing a song today. 😂

Raquencha

Chatty Member
Wow I didn’t realise it was that bad! The glassing was what I remembered because it was portrayed that he was the victim but reading between the lines it felt like she’d been provoked, but didn’t know the rest of the stuff. He’s a dad of two, you’d think he’d want to be less of a dick.

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I’ve kind of warmed to Reese and Byron and the terrible acting. I love Paul’s meddling and his chat with Terese outside Lassiters when she told him to get a girlfriend. They have so much chemistry.

That’s a good shout out about the Rodwell’s son. I actually thought they had another child. I’m still annoyed about last nights episode 😂 I was so invested in it 😂😂

newtoyou

VIP Member

How rubbish to only have four episodes a week. Dropping them at 7am doesn't make a difference for many of us who work through a weekday so can't watch then anyway. I will give the new show a chance but can't say I am impressed yet with how woke it's got with the casting of the new characters and how they have gave new heads to Toadies kids.
I doubt many would actually watch it at 7am, it’s just a streaming thing. I think plenty of people used to watch it at the lunchtime slot (well I presume so otherwise they wouldn’t have aired it twice a day for so many years!)
---
Dropping the episodes at 7am is just how things work now. It’s a streaming service, rather than ‘live’ TV and is designed to give people convenience and flexibility. I will probably still watch it at the old time because I’m a creature of habit, but I like that I don’t have to!
Same here, excited to have my full Aussie Hour back with H&A

• Heart

Don’tStart

VIP Member
I’ve roughly worked out when Neighbours will resume filming. Alan Fletcher has just made an announcement on his Instagram that he’ll be going live on 9th February (that equates to 10am in UK on 10th February if you wish to tune in). He states that once he’s done the Neighbours Celebration Tour he’ll be touring with his music across the UK. The Point Album Tour will start from March 25th and will end on April 9th. Neighbours will then resume filming. He’ll then come back to the UK for his Dr. Karl in Conversation Tour which starts on June 1st. Therefore, Neighbours starts filming between mid-April and May. I assume it will likely start in April so Alan has time to film quite a few scenes considering he’ll be absent from filming for more than a month.

pixxyy

VIP Member
After Today
I find Toadie/Terese quite believable as a couple though its also fairly obvious She'll get back with Paul eventually

emm

VIP Member
I would say last minute. Do Karl, Susan and toadie live in Melbourne? Maybe it was a last minute whiz round to see if they are onboard and do the promo video. Maybe they were up against it time wise to tell people before the news broke hence just those 4 being spoken to.
It must be a relief for them, imagine having worked almost your whole career on such an iconic show, it must be hard to find work on anything else (not to mention with all the competition from the rest of your ex castmates)

Multi-21

VIP Member
Just seen Chloe and Elly’s wedding was their last day filming so presume they go home to Sydney after their honeymoon and that’s it. The wedding was just to tie up their story for Chelly fans.

• Heart

Em_

VIP Member

How rubbish to only have four episodes a week. Dropping them at 7am doesn't make a difference for many of us who work through a weekday so can't watch then anyway. I will give the new show a chance but can't say I am impressed yet with how woke it's got with the casting of the new characters and how they have gave new heads to Toadies kids.
I’m just happy it’s back, I’d prefer 5 episodes, but I’ll happily take 4.

• Heart