Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wood79

Chatty Member
Not a spoiler this so will say this! Part way through today's and Toadie says Nell is 15 and the other week Nell said she was 14 I am sure! There has been no birthday in between.. They have aged Nell and Hugo enough as it is without keeping adding!!! 😀

Reactions: 5

Phil Martin is a real blast from the past! It’d be good to see a lot of these people come back more permanently.

Evesdropping

VIP Member
@Baxter75 I'll put this in a spoiler incase anyone doesn't want it spoiled for them.

In terms of merch get in early and queue if you want some. The queues were insane during the break and even after so we didn't get any but there's the sign, pens, t-shirts, hoodies, coffee mugs and official programme and tour poster. I think it was quitricey but people were coming away with huge bags full

There is a host who brings them out individually to start. They play a VT of some of their character highlights, ask how they got on the show that sort of thing

This pretty much takes up the whole of the first part. 2nd part they all come on and its around show highlights weddings, deaths, iconic characters, iconic scenes and they all chat a little. Some questions are directed to specific people and at other times they chip in with a memory etc.

They speak about the cancellation of the show, those final weeks and getting the call to say it is back.

The audience are encouraged to email in questions and some are asked and it enes with them all performing Susan's monologue from the last ep and a singsong.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Em_

VIP Member
I've had a Google and it was Lyn Scully who I was thinking of. She started stealing things because she had post natal depression after the birth of Oscar. This was 2003/4 ish so a bit more 'ages ago' that I thought 😆.
It shows how storylines get recycled. I didn’t really watch it then as I was never at home, so I missed all that, I remember watching it one day and she was engaged to Paul and I know how all that turned out.

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
She certainly is! I am getting so I couldn't care less about her and Mike. We know Mike is not sticking around anyway one way or the other...It's a shame, because I think it was really good of Guy Pearce to come back again...
Agreed! I was thrilled he agreed to do some episodes and wanted to see more of him and Jane, but it’s awful! Can we keep Mike but lose Jane?

Em_

VIP Member
I'm enjoying flashback.week, however they could have done an hours special, it is dragging on now and I can't see them wrapping it up in tomorrow's episode.
It's nice to have a break from Wendy and Cara.
---
Why does Reece’s sister (can’t remember her name!) have an Australian accent?
It's like Holly having an Australian accent, both grew up in England.

Em_

VIP Member
I never thought we'd have a new thread for our beloved neighbours. Neighbours announced on the 17th Novemebr 2022 that it was coming back. Neighbours will be on freevee in the UK from mid 2023 and Channel 10 in OZ.
It's great news and the majority of us are happy that neighbours is back, roll on 2023!

So far we know that Karl, Susan, Toadie and Paul will be back.

Thanks to Don'tStart for the thread title.
Screenshot_20221118-153928_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

pixxyy

VIP Member
You think thats crazy least they arnt as bad as American Soaps, They've characters over 30 Years older than they should be 😲

• Haha
  • Wow

Em_

VIP Member
That’s the worry for me, that people will forget its on and fall away from it.
I never thought of that and then I forgot this morning, however I'm in neighbours groups so I get reminded that way, but newbies to the show may forget.
---
I could see Toadie and Terese as a couple today, however I hope Nell's scheme works as I want Toadie back with Mel and Terese back with Paul.

Wood79

Chatty Member
What better way to spend a wet Saturday than watching the old final episode of Neighbours. I haven't watched it for a yr, so cup of coffee ready and looking forward to it!😀

Don’tStart

VIP Member
I'm sure they did a kleptomania storyline years and years ago. Unless I'm getting confused with Home and Away.
They did. I recently rewatched the 2018 episodes and Amy developed a shoplifting addiction. I instantly thought of that story when I heard that Susan was buying expensive things. Also, Terese’s retirement village project is reminding me of the story where Amy oversaw the development of Robinson Heights.
---
Holly is so Izzy, Karl is as clueless as he ever was with Izzy. Can’t decide whats happened eith Susan and don’t think I’m gonna get used to Toadie and Terese, it’s just weird and they’re not suited at all. Terese wasn’t even mumsy when her kids were younger, she’s work driven like Paul.
I like what they’re doing with Holly but I wish they’d tone it down a bit. I thought her going into Reece’s room today, stealing her perfume and jumping on the bed was a bit too pantomime and one reason why Izzy is such a beloved character amongst the fanbase is that she was three-dimensional. I like the fact Holly is there serving the role of the female antagonist, almost making up for Nicolette’s absence.
---
Not exactly a glowing review.
Scott Bryan who wrote this article is a weird one. He has often used Neighbours as a source of discussion whenever he’s writing articles about TV or when he’s invited onto shows in the capacity of a TV critic. He has indicated several times that he is a big fan of the show and even went to the tour earlier this year but he has never actually admitted he is a fan, almost as if he’s ashamed to say he watches the show. Don’t particularly rate him.

Last edited:

Don’tStart

VIP Member
I wonder if they've already cast the cast but they've signed agreements. April said that most of the cast have moved away from Melbourne, so I guess if they decide to keep any of the recent cast it's if they want to move back.
I wondered if it was a play not to announce cast members other than the heritage 4, so we keep talking about it.

In this article, a Channel 10 exec briefly touches upon the Neighbours revival. Apparently, production is still in its very early stages hence the lack of new news. Only recently, execs at 10 have received early drafts of scripts.

However, with the tour arriving in the UK, next month and one of the people on this tour is indeed April-Rose Pengilly I think we’ll receive some form of confirmation as to whether or not she’s returning for this revival or whether she’s been asked to return or not, which will give an indication as to if they’ve asked anyone back yet. For example, I’m sure there’s a Q&A section during the shows, and it’s inevitable that someone will ask April if she’s returning considering she’ll be sat on stage alongside all the other announced returnees so she’ll have to have a prepared answer.

Realistically I don’t think we’ll hear too much news of whose returning until they actually start filming, which could be as late as July, considering the only thing we know is that Neighbours is returning in the second half of 2023, which for all we know could mean the show’s new episodes could air as late as December. In 2021, Waterloo Road was announced to be returning in 2022. Whilst the series was delayed we didn’t hear any details of the plot or the place where the show was being filmed until the last few weeks of December (a few weeks before the show transmitted on air). I’m not saying the waiting period for any news about returnees will be this long, but it’s certainly a possibility.

Em_

VIP Member
I'm sure someone on here mentioned Chloe coming back as the boss of lassiters. I think from the what's coming next that she'll be back to run lassiters for a bit and hopefully without Elly. I think it looks like the beginning of the end for Terese and Toady🤞
I don’t think that Terese had any right telling Melanie not to speak to Nell. I also couldn’t help but feel sorry for Paul.