Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LilacLady53

Chatty Member
I still can’t get on board with Toadie & Terese. There was a scene yesterday I think when he slapped her on the arse & I nearly vomited in my mouth. It just felt so wrong. To me she’s more of a mother figure to him, like Susan, not a wife. Just gives me the ick

Reactions: 6

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
If the show hadn’t ended I don’t think they would have married off Melanie & Toadie together. I think it was just to tie off loose ends & have an event for the finale.

Nell’s age has been really bugging me. Far more than it should 😂 Whether she’s 14 or 15 currently, it’s only a 2 year gap in the storyline and there’s way she was 12 or 13 when it went off air. Then I found this…
---
So she should be 10! Ramsay Street must have been visited by a Time Machine…
That's got to be the most ridiculous jump in soap history surely 😆.

Multi-21

VIP Member
He must have been working her or on a break or maybe he's not Sadie's biological Dad? I've not watched today's episode yet, has he said he donated sperm?
It’s explained in todays episode. Won’t spoil it for anyone who is behind though

Em_

VIP Member
I'm so happy it's back in September and not in the summer holidays, it means I can watch it in peace and quiet.

• Haha
Today I realised there is a counter in the bottom left corner for how long the ad break is. I just thought you were all really dedicated to timing the breaks 🤦‍♀️😂.

It's still a bit stilted at times I'm finding. Susan's real accent came through today too. I'm a bit bored of the Mackenzie/Haz storyline already (just get on with it) and JJ creeping round overacting could get old quickly too. Are we meant to accept they wouldn't have noticed him stood, looking back at them like that 😆. They usually do stuff like that with them lent on a wall once they get around the corner out of sight.

• Haha

Don’tStart

VIP Member
12 hours late to the party but I’ve just watched the episode! I watched it on the back of the finale which was a moving experience. It felt very surreal watching what we were told was it’s final ever episode, knowing I was about to tune into a new episode of Neighbours the minute the credits rolled.

Personally, I didn’t find the twist shocking. Mainly because I was told about it months before. In fact I would’ve found it more shocking had it been Paul who was waiting at the end of the aisle for Terese as opposed to Toadie. The biggest surprises for me came in the form of Daniel and Angie’s returns. Always love seeing Angie so I hope she gets more lines in the upcoming episodes than she did the finale. Imogen’s return would’ve been a (unwelcome) surprise as well had it not been spoiled last week. That being said, I do find it surprising that Toadie and Terese’s relationship seems to be genuine. I thought the marriage was a sham. The fact Toadie is still seemingly living with Melanie supports this hypothesis but then they’re locking lips on their honeymoon. Wtf?

I like the Varga-Murphys already. I’m already more fond of them than I ever were the Rodwells (even though I did smile when Wendy came in and said “yoo-hoo” as she introduced herself to the new family 😂) They all seemed to have natural onscreen chemistry. I predicting this now. Mike is JJ’s dad 100%. JJ’s comment about how Mrs Mangel’s eyes follow you around the room, was the exact same comment Mike made during the finale.

Speaking of Mike, I was very pleased to see we saw more of him was that just a quick zoom call. Guy Pearce once again proving himself to be an utter class act. Hoping and praying he has some scenes on Ramsay Street as well as whatever they’ve shot in the UK.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It felt very natural and it’s impressive how tonally the show remained very similar to its previous seasons. I wasn’t a fan of the heavy exposition even though I understand why it was included. I personally think the first episode back would’ve benefited from a bit more fanfare. Maybe there should’ve been a couple more returns. I still don’t think it trumps the finale but I’m only expecting the episodes to get better.

Welcome back Neighbours ❤
---
That’s what I thought. Like why is Harold imagining them on the beach 😂.
Yeah, that’s what confused me. I thought it’d be a sham marriage but they literally were locking lips on their honeymoon? Like wtf?

newtoyou

VIP Member
I think they get mocked by people who haven't watched for years. Neighbours can be Bagshot crazy with storyline like Gary being resurrected as a pigeon, but they have some great storylines with some amazing acting.
And even with the silly storylines, people should be allowed to watch whatever escapist tv they want. That’s why I don’t believe in “guilty pleasures”. Stop making people feel guilty or embarrassed for what they enjoy!

• Heart

Don’tStart

VIP Member
I hope she doesn't return, I hated Chelly and the ending they gave Chloe was awful. I don't know anyone who likes them, they are quite disliked on a neighbours fb group I'm on.
I love the character of Chloe, but I'd rather they not bring her back if they bring Chelly back. I also wondered how she could come back as she was the only one who sold her house.
I agree. There’s definitely many characters I want back before Elly, especially considering I couldn’t stand her relationship with Chloe. I never understood why the idea of them becoming a couple was popular amongst fans considering Elly’s treatment of Chloe, even in the final few weeks of the show. I hope the new cast won’t constitute of the scraps and remnants of the 2022 cast. I hope the producers are appealing to past cast members who weren’t present for the finale to make a comeback. For example, I’d love to see Darcy Tyler and Dee to return.

I also agree with your point about Chloe. Logistically, considering she sold the house and there wasn’t really anything else keeping her on Ramsay Street anymore, it would make more sense for her not to come back to the show, once it returns, as opposed to keeping her on the street which also has potential to ruin one of the best things about the finale which was Mike and Jane buying No. 24. I REALLY hope that even if they can’t secure Guy Pearce to guest star in the first couple of episodes, that they don’t undo that ending. I think that would leave many long-term fans with a sour taste in their mouths and could possibly discourage people from sticking with the reboot.

Reactions: 5
The whole week is screaming 'shoehorn' and I am not loving it.
The Boo's can sod off. I definitely think this is paving the way for things tongo back to normal with Paul/Terese and Mel/Toadie thankfully. They just didn't need to do this as a draw for people. We'd have watched anyway. Personally, I'd have preferred to pick up with them all happy.

Also, I don't like Toadie angry. I know it's acting but it makes me feel very uncomfortable. I think I've just be 'triggered' (🙄 sorry), by it and I find it unpleasant to watch the switch from his usual calm demeanour.

Aussie

VIP Member
If any of you watched home and away, Johnny Ruffallo who played Chris has passed away. He did also appear in neighbours as a prison guard. Johnny was great in h&a and seemed like a genuinely decent guy.
That's really sad, he's been ill for so long.

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Is there anyone you don't want back? I loved Chloe, but don't want her back with Ellie as she was the worst character.
There’s quite a few I don’t want back.

The Rodwells - I know they suffered from lack of development due to how they joined in the final few months of the show, but still I thought they were awful. The dad was a non-entity, the mother was SO irritating (also I find it completely unrealistic you’d be so determined to get your new neighbours to like you), and the daughter couldn’t act for toffee (if they have to return, she needs to be recast). We need a completely new family.

Chloe - I really liked her as a character but in the last year of the show, she felt like a spare part who was just floating around. Also, she was the only one who sold her house in the end, so it would make more sense if she didn’t come back when the show returns, especially seeing as I still want Mike to own the house.

Kiri & Glen - Kiri never really fitted in on the street, I felt. I didn’t feel she made any genuine connections with any characters. I thought her flip-flopping between Nicolette and Chloe became rather tiresome. Glen’s return was also a big disappointment for me. Neighbours usually get returns right but his character felt rather directionless. I thought that when he returned, he was going to have some big revenge plot to exact on Paul, but nothing ever amounted from their feud. He’s a character whose just best left in the past.

Leo - I don’t understand why he came back in the first place.

Zara - I’d like Zara to return as I want Amy back, but I want her to be recast. I think she needs to become more outgoing and bubblier so she feels more like Amy’s daughter as opposed to being miserable and meddling.

Aussie

VIP Member
This is not very exciting but I saw the actor who played Glen Donelly at the local airport where I'm from today. Its in Nth Qld so was very obscure to see him there. I'm currently back in Australia for family reasons hence why I was hanging around the airport!

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Speaking of Guy Pearce, I’m really disappointed that he’s been forced into publicly apologising for simply raising a question on Twitter regarding trans actors.

I saw the original tweets and they didn’t contain any offensive content within them. Guy Pearce simply raised the question of given how trans characters can only be played by trans actors, should trans actors really play cis characters? The issue was the question itself was too complex for activists to provide a definitive answer for, therefore people started accusing him of endorsing transphobia. I’m ashamed to see that some Neighbours fans have hopped on this bandwagon as well, telling him to “do better”.