Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_

VIP Member
His instagram account is all family stuff, doing his diy at home and playing golf. It’s actually quite dull which makes these instances all the more shocking. He posted this in October.
He seems as dull as Mark in real life, going off what I've seen on his insta.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's quite satisfying that it's Christmas on Neighbours in Real Time.
Holly is such an irritating character - like a very poor replacement for Roxy.

I think they get mocked by people who haven't watched for years. Neighbours can be Bagshot crazy with storyline like Gary being resurrected as a pigeon, but they have some great storylines with some amazing acting.
Definitely, although it does seem like a lot of people who hadn’t watched for years tuned in for the finale and were impressed, so hopefully that will translate into more viewers going forward. 🤞

Roobarb

I don't like Toadie & Terese, it just doesn't feel right. Maybe because we haven't had a build up to it.

I'm not missing Levi, Freya, the Boos, Amy or Ellie, but it is a small cast that needs padding out. Can we get Hendrix back, say it was a dream?

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
This was mentioned when she married Paul. It was because she made her name professionally in the industry whilst being a Willis she didn’t want to change it.

Raquencha

Chatty Member
Just watched the first 3 episodes on the app. All from 1985. Absolutely loved it. I was only 5 when it started and didn’t watch until it moved to tea time slot. There are characters I don’t remember and the old Scott. Alan Dale was 38 when it started! My husband is 44 and still looks 10 years younger than Alan. People looked so old in the 80s 🤣

Don’tStart

VIP Member

Here’s a link to a podcast which featured Lauren Anderson whose an executive at Amazon and who was heavily influential in acquiring Neighbours. Listen from 30 mins in, to hear her segment on the podcast. She talks about how Neighbours is going to be made with a predominant focus on its UK audience, considering it’s regarded as an institution here. One thing she also states which I think is highly promising, is that Freevee will only commission shows that they are willing to dedicate themselves to, to ensure they are successful. For example, she states the streamer is unlikely to commission a show and drop it after one series. This means that there’s definitely a good chance Neighbours could survive beyond its initial two year commission period with Freevee. She also states that she’s determined to make sure the show remains the same and hopefully is in an even better shape, prior to its axe. There’s also a sweet little anecdote where she explains how the recommissioning of Neighbours came about. It turns out one of Lauren’s colleagues over in the UK, was very sad when Neighbours was ending which heavily influenced Freevee to step in and save the show. She also states us as viewers will have access to thousands of classic episodes.

She gave perfect reasoning as to why Freevee have commissioned a soap, to the point I’m surprised this is the first time a streamer has decided to commission a soap. Think about it. Soaps are on daily therefore audiences are constantly engaging with content produced by broadcasters on a regular basis. With increasing demand for ad-supported streaming, I could definitely another soap being commissioned by a streaming giant. Old Brookside episodes have been acquired by STV and they’re already proving hugely popular on that streaming service. It’s so weird that two axed soaps Neighbours and Brookside are potentially instigating the establishment of soaps on streaming platforms. Could Neighbours and Brookside save the soap genre?

Last edited:

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
I don’t want a Toadie n Mel reunion. Still say they were only married off to have an event for last episode. Paul & Therese were great but there was nowhere else left to go with them as a couple. I’m not missing Melanie at all. Nothing against her or anything 🤣 but don’t see where she will fit in now.

Em_

VIP Member
I was tagged into a spoiler on instagram even though I'm trying to avoid spoilers I hope this one is true.
Allegedly the wedding is shown through the eyes of Harold who has dementia and really it's Therese and Paul getting married.

• Heart

griftalo

VIP Member
I guess they’re linking her back to Mrs Mangel and that she was Plain Jane Superbrain.
To let her off, I guess you would be upset if the school you’re head of is talking of closing and your fiancé has just lost his job.
I didn’t mean annoying solely right now. I meant her whole personality. She just irritates me, from the beginning of 2022 episodes which is where I began.

Ensay

VIP Member
I thought it was funny today when Paul said to Byron "I'm still your boss", because all he seems to do is muck around with Reece now.

griftalo

VIP Member
I'm not surprised to see more characters returning, as I suppose it just took a little longer to negotiate contracts with some cast members. Plus maybe some had been working other jobs and weren't immediately available.

I'm getting all confused with the timelines at the moment. When Byron was talking to Reece he said she was at the Sonya Foundation yesterday and with Tess on the tram yesterday, but weren't those episodes days apart? Erinsborough must be in its own time zone. 😂

Also I see Mike was in the preview for an upcoming episode. I still think they'll kill him off, but for now they seem content with having him be on video calls. I can't see that happening long term though. I still think it's good of Guy Pearce to be the show - it's a shame he can't be in it long term but I know that's not gonna happen!
Please let them kill Jane off. Someone told her run a brush through your hair the other day and I thought finally! Someone else thinks she looks a mess. She hasn’t got half of Mrs mangel’s spirit - even if hers was mean as fuck! She’s worse than Summer on Corrie.

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
I can’t see them adding to the cast until they’re confident they’ve got a consistently high-enough audience figure, to warrant the extra cost. I also wonder if the actors are on a fixed-term contract, in case it didn’t work out…

griftalo

VIP Member
Some thoughts from me… Not watched all of the new episodes yet but it’s very confusing. I’m sorry they swapped Jane’s son for someone else as I don’t feel the new ones fits the character very well.
Has the actress who plays Jane been through some bad health stuff? I didn’t recognise her when I began watching at the 2022 episodes after not seeing for years, but I thought it was someone much older than she is meant to be.
So glad to see Mike back! I always liked him. I’m surprised by how small the cast is and how few people are back.
The Toadie-Mel thing is baffling me. He and Therese is not a natural fit at all.
I’m surprised to say I miss that Amy and Zara as I wasn’t keen on them at first. Now I hate Holly instead 😂

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
That was a boring wedding, they just don't work as a couple. Also the kiss from elly, it was awkward
I thought that - awkward and zero chemistry between them. Very much a non-event of a wedding too - I suspect they shoehorned it it to bring them back and make viewers happy.

newtoyou

VIP Member
Just saw this on FB. Anyone else just feel a bit numb to it all? Doesn’t feel it’s really coming back if that makes sense.
I’m still excited. I think Sept is a good time for it to come back cos it’s like the new academic year and reminds me of coming back from school/uni and watching it

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I rewatched libby and Drew’s wedding again. Karl made a speech and mentioned mentioned that Libby was I think 21/22? I remember at the time thinking she was so grown up and now I watch it (in my 40s) and think she’s so young.

• Haha

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
Please let them kill Jane off. Someone told her run a brush through your hair the other day and I thought finally! Someone else thinks she looks a mess. She hasn’t got half of Mrs mangel’s spirit - even if hers was mean as fuck! She’s worse than Summer on Corrie.
I’m hoping she moves back to the UK to be with Mike. Really not liking the character or the poor acting.