Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Raquencha

Chatty Member
It’s not quite neighbours but channel 5 are showing classic home and away episodes to celebrate their 35yr anniversary on my5. There’s 5 on there at the mo including the pilot and pippa and Michael’s wedding. I haven’t watched home and away for a while but will definitely dip into the old episodes.

Reactions: 6

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I quite liked Gary the pigeon, yes it was bonkers, but a little escapism makes my day brighter.
I get mocked for liking neighbours but it’s so much better than some other soaps.

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
As much as I’ve never liked Ellie and Chloe as a couple (because I can’t stand Ellie and think the actress is dreadful), I was so pleased that they made reference to ‘Chelly’. Feels like the show are acknowledging their viewers/fans, which I love. Massive respect to them for that!

Wood79

Chatty Member
Gosh Jane is hard work!
She certainly is! I am getting so I couldn't care less about her and Mike. We know Mike is not sticking around anyway one way or the other...It's a shame, because I think it was really good of Guy Pearce to come back again...

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
I'm glad April isn't back full time now that they've brought Chelly back
Totally agree. I really don’t understand the hype around Chelly - it all seems very forced to me. And I can’t stand Jodi Gordon - really poor actor!!

Ensay

VIP Member
Please let them kill Jane off. Someone told her run a brush through your hair the other day and I thought finally! Someone else thinks she looks a mess. She hasn’t got half of Mrs mangel’s spirit - even if hers was mean as fuck! She’s worse than Summer on Corrie.
Yeah she has this permanent rabbit in the headlights upset expression. I know the storyline about the school closing requires that kind of disposition but she looks like that regardless.

Em_

VIP Member
I've just seen the 2012 trailer in freevee and I've realised that I was avidly watching it then. I hadn't realised it's been a year since we found out they were cancelling it

Em_

VIP Member
They do cast good looking police men, Mark, Levi and now Andrew, although the first two were hotter

Em_

VIP Member
At least we've got some sort of a stay of execution with Mike for another few months with this new storyline of him helping a tour guide out in Scotland. I still do fear they'll kill him off, but I'm hoping somehow they manage to do otherwise.

I can't decide if Mischa Barton's acting has improved during her time on the show or if I'm just getting used to it. 🤔
I've just caught up on the last 3 episodes and I thought she was a lot better, but I just think I'm used to her now and have warmed to her. I don't think she's a great actress.
---
I don't know if it's because I've watched 3 episodes together, but it felt more like old neighbours to me, it feels like it's getting back into it's groove.

I nearly felt convinced by Toadie and Terese, well until Terese and Paul had a scene together, they just have great chemistry, which they don't have with other characters.

LilacLady53

Chatty Member
I just can’t get on board with Toadie & Therese. I’ve watched Neighbours for about 35 years & for me it’s just not believable. For some reason it feels a bit icky

pixxyy

VIP Member
from Todays but incase some are waiting
Lance!!!!!!!!!! delighted with that bit. oh & wish we couldve seen the Mike, Scott, Chralene & Karl jam session

Aussie

VIP Member
I wondered if she moved away with Kiri? Actually she couldn't have done because Kiri and Glen sent a card to Terese and Toadie on their wedding day and Nic wasn't mentioned.
So randomly the card said they were on Magnetic Island. That's the island just near my hometown. Remember me saying I saw the actor who plays Glen at the airport. I wonder if he was filming some scenes. I tried googling why he was there, though maybe for a corporate gig 🤔

Em_

VIP Member
I only got as far as his Wiki page, but wow! History of public drunkenness and aggression towards women, the verbal abuse of a stripper leading to her glassing him, then admitting to sexual assault last year but it looks like he’s got away with it as ‘minor touching’.

I can see why he wasn't invited back to the final, which allegedly he wasn't happy about.