Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_

VIP Member
Totally agree. I really don’t understand the hype around Chelly - it all seems very forced to me. And I can’t stand Jodi Gordon - really poor actor!!
I loked Jodi as Martha in home and away, but Elly is an awful character.

Reactions: 7

Raquencha

Chatty Member
Me too! Completely forgot about it not being on and went to watch. Does seem a bit weird but would rather have 4 days than none.
Interesting about accents. My mother in law moved from Scotland at 16 to Yorkshire but has spent most of her adult life in the midlands. She has a very random accent some words are very Scottish, and some Yorkshire twang. I wonder if some people are more prone to picking up accents.
In neighbours I think Andrew Robinsons was the most hilarious as they had to invent a reason why he had a Scottish twang to it 😂

Adaptablecoffee

We’ve caught up today on 3 weeks and now up to date. I can’t stand Wendy, she pisses me off with her victim complex, it’s like she has no brain. Why has nobody talked about how Nell speaks?! She talks like she’s in constant pain. I’ve looked up if she’s got a speech delay or if she’s deaf at all but can’t find anything. I can’t unnotice it.

I didn’t mean annoying solely right now. I meant her whole personality. She just irritates me, from the beginning of 2022 episodes which is where I began.
She's extra annoying now. It's a shame. Still, it must have an off effect on you when your son ages backwards by a decade so suddenly.

• Haha

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
I don’t know if I’ve remembered the show as being better than it was, or if the cast are out of practice, but the acting is awful in the new episodes. So wooden and unnatural - even the characters I always loved!
Is it just me?!

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Guy Pearce was on This Morning yesterday and they got into the topic of Neighbours. Apparently, Neighbours producers have already been in touch with him. Let’s face it, he’ll never come back on a permanent basis to Neighbours, but I don’t see the harm in him making small guest appearances for a couple of episodes every so often. For example, they could lure him back for the first episode in the revival, where they’re all celebrating the fact he’s got a job to go and teach in a developing country. He then drives off into the sunset on his motorcycle. This way, they don’t have to split Mike and Jane up yet Guy isn’t tied down to Neighbours.

• Heart

AdsB

VIP Member
But are the viewing figures in relation to other showed or in relation to previous neighbours figures as one of the issues was it’s not been widely viewed in Australia for a long time and it’s been overseas figures that have kept it going.

Alan Fletcher said that he was on a 12 month contract for years. It was pretty standard to only give 12 month contracts so I guess it’s something they are all pretty used to.
I wouldn’t worry about the aus figures too much. They have been dire for years. It was the international audience keeping the show going.

Reactions: 6

Ensay

VIP Member
I hope she doesn’t return or if she does, she has a new face. I read some of the comments on a neighbours instagram post and people were saying that they think Byron will end up with Krista.
Yeah I think you’re right on the last bit. Bit weird jumping from one sister to another but it’s a soap after all!

In other storylines, I’m getting a bit sick of the will they/won’t they with Mac and Haz. It’s been dragged on for too long and - just as we seemed to be getting towards a resolution - Mac now says she doesn’t want a relationship. Haz is portrayed as this irresistible guy who every girl is happy to jump into bed with, but I can’t see it myself!

Also can we jointly agree on when we need to use spoiler tags? Only asking because most of us seem to use them which makes it feel like most of us only visit here when we’ve watched the latest episode. Maybe we could say spoiler tags are only needed until say 8pm on the day an episode is added? Only a suggestion though!

At least we've got some sort of a stay of execution with Mike for another few months with this new storyline of him helping a tour guide out in Scotland. I still do fear they'll kill him off, but I'm hoping somehow they manage to do otherwise.

I can't decide if Mischa Barton's acting has improved during her time on the show or if I'm just getting used to it. 🤔
I think it has. She's not actually that bad I don't think. She does have many scenes with Byron though who is very wooden so maybe that's making her look better.

JJ's eyes are ridiculous. He literally acts with them alone. There is a cartoon or something, I want to say a dog (it might be the dog from Family guy), that does a lot of side eye movements. He reminds me of that, even though I can't remember exactly what that character is*

*It'll probably come to me when I'm drifiting in and out of sleep at 3am

Evesdropping

VIP Member
Not strictly Neighbours related but it is Neighbours adjacent 🤣
I saw Delta Goodrem live the other night and honestly she may be one of the most talented people I've ever seen perform.
Of course it was Neighbours 20 years ago that brought her to my attention and I've followed her on and off ever since. She didn't perform the Neighbours theme for us but I believe she did in London.
So many talented people have come through Ramsey Street and it always strikes me how happy they are to have come from there too.

griftalo

VIP Member
just caught up on this weeks and can’t wait for flashback week. Also I wish Andrew Rodwell would kick my bedroom door down.
I don’t even have a door so he can just stroll on in without working up a sweat 😹

• Haha

Multi-21

VIP Member
I’d not noticed JJ’s eye acting but burst out laughing when I just read that as it’s so accurate. I’ll not be able to concentrate on anything else in his scenes now 😂

• Haha

Evesdropping

VIP Member
Guys I went to see the tour last night in Belfast. It was a really enjoyable night. I did wonder how it would be dragged out for a couple of hours but it really flew in. Everyone was in really good form and it was lovely to relive some highlights and hear more about the cast.
One thing they made no secret of was how devastated they all were that Sonya was killed off.

• Heart