Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

netflixbritney

Watching the Libby and Drew wedding:

Karl "When she was a little girl, Libby said she would NEVER get married...then she changed her mind and said she would get married but not until she was at least THIRTY-FIVE!!!!"

(said as if 35 was 90!!)

Unbelievably, Anne Haddy playing Helen was only 48 in the first episode! I assumed she was at least 70!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Em_

VIP Member
I feel so old now, I remember when Charlene turned up, I was around 8/9. I loved the 90’s era, especially when Toadie, Amy and Billy, etc were teenagers as I’m the same group.
---
I’m still gutted that we didn’t have a scene between Rebekah and Guy, it would have been a nice nudge to their time together on h&a.

• Heart

Vixen88

VIP Member
It’s really irritating me that they’re continually making reference to old characters. They never used to do that!
Ahh I love that about it though. For me, just feels more realistic and nostalgic, like the Udagawas getting a mention at Lassiters just now, the Nell Mangel portrait and listing the previous owners of the Coffee Shop, starting with Daphne.

I think becauseI started watching Neighbours from episode one when it ended and got to around 490 when it restarted, I’m especially enjoying the nostalgia. And also appreciating Shane, Mike, Des etc etc, coming back for the final episodes. Though I found Scott Robinson awful back in the day, can’t understand the hype 😂

• Heart
yeah easiest way would have been a simple they split up in the 2 Years. Now though I think only end might be a sad one :(
Love that Guy returned though what a lovely Man he must be.
Apart from killing him off, I think the only other hope is getting him to work away to somehow get funding for the school or something, but I’m not hopeful. ☹

Em_

VIP Member
I meant *Batshit crazy.
I don't know why some people mock us for watching neighbours, it's a better soap than eastenders, etc at least it doesn't leave you feeling depressed.

• Heart

Ensay

VIP Member
The whole show since it returned feels a bit weird. I don't really care about the JJ paternity storyline because he comes from a new family and there hasn't been enough time to build an interest.

Reece staying in the hotel for weeks on end to keep an eye on how things are going just feels unrealistic. I know it's a plot device to explain the introduction of an American character, but it's so contrived.

It feels like they're starting with the outcome of a storyline then working backwards to get to that point without really thinking about the backwards part. An example being where Wendy was hunting through the bin was daft and then it was clear it was only introduced as a plot device to get JJ the keys to her house.

I mean, I get it's a soap, and I wouldn't mind if it was one storyline, but it's multiple.

I agree with those saying Mike is probably going to get killed off in a bike accident. I thought it as soon as Jane insisted on Mike going on his bike tour. As others have said, it was good of Guy Pearce to come back. He could have refused which would have left the writers with developing a reason for him to get written out, but it seems he returned to give Mike a proper send off, which shows he has a lot of affection for the show.

I’ve always been a teatime watcher, so there’s nothing more comforting to me than Neighbours while I’m eating my dinner. (It was dark times when it was off air and I was forced to watch gameshows. 😫)

• Haha
I went back and rewatched the toadie and Mel scene and I get what was suggested. I didn’t notice it at first.
the questions I have is - why would Lucy and Daniel be at the wedding (can get Daniel but it’s made out he’s there for Paul), why would Paul go, and Mel’s character is definitely back so why do this. She wasn’t at the wedding.
Also, Paul was so much more dressed up than Toadie wearing the tux, much more like what a groom would wear than a guest.

Em_

VIP Member
That’s a really good point. Aussie soaps get heavily criticised / mocked in the UK, but they churn out a lot of talent. Far more than British soaps!
I think they get mocked by people who haven't watched for years. Neighbours can be Bagshot crazy with storyline like Gary being resurrected as a pigeon, but they have some great storylines with some amazing acting.

Adaptablecoffee

Susan: I can’t believe this was all happening under our noses.

NEITHER CAN WE, IT’S BOLLOCKS.
Why am I still watching?!

• Haha
  • Heart

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Happy Neighbours eve everyone! Less than 13 hours to go and the show is back on our screens!

Saw my first Neighbours poster out in the wild today whilst out driving, on the side of a bus stop. When I was driving home, on the other side of the poster was Channel 5 advertising a new drama 🤣

At least we've got some sort of a stay of execution with Mike for another few months with this new storyline of him helping a tour guide out in Scotland. I still do fear they'll kill him off, but I'm hoping somehow they manage to do otherwise.

I can't decide if Mischa Barton's acting has improved during her time on the show or if I'm just getting used to it. 🤔

• Haha

Em_

VIP Member
I read somewhere she only appeared in Neighbours because of the actors strike in America. It made it sound like she thought it was beneath her, and the only reason she took it..Nel does pull funny faces, she is a complete trouble maker..I didn't get any adverts today ..weirdly!!
Ha, as if it's beneath her, even the worst actors on the show blow her out of the water. I wouldn't say she was a big star, she's not A list and I don't know what she's known for other than the OC.
I can't remember where I read it, either here or on fb, but someone said that Toadie has no chemistry with Terese at all, whereas she has great chemistry with everyone she has a scene with. I think that's true, Toadie didn't seem into her at all today, maybe Ryan doesn't agree with the storyline. I think it shows how good of an actress Rebekah is, maybe it's just in the genes with her cousin being Judy Dench.

We’ve caught up today on 3 weeks and now up to date. I can’t stand Wendy, she pisses me off with her victim complex, it’s like she has no brain. Why has nobody talked about how Nell speaks?! She talks like she’s in constant pain. I’ve looked up if she’s got a speech delay or if she’s deaf at all but can’t find anything. I can’t unnotice it.
Wendy is growing on me. She's acted this week quite well. Remi had acted it brilliantly.

Nell I find very distracting and I'm sure others have mentioned it too. I'm loathe to criticise too much because she's young but I do find her forced spitting out of words, narrowing of eyes and grimacing really distracting. Every line is delivered the same. I know she's 'acting' but I'm hoping she acts slightly less and brings in her more normal facial expressions.

Who is Sharon? I've watched this for over 30 years and don't remember where she fits in at all.

AdsB

VIP Member
just caught up on this weeks and can’t wait for flashback week. Also I wish Andrew Rodwell would kick my bedroom door down.

• Haha