Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jason Donavon was interviewed by Scott mills this week, I only heard a clip Scott played today but Jason said he was asked to sing the title credits but he said no as felt his moment had passed.

I think neighbours must have the best success rate of any soap for actors going onto other things, many British soap actors never really progress but neighbours has loads.

Reactions: 8
Jason Donavon was interviewed by Scott mills this week, I only heard a clip Scott played today but Jason said he was asked to sing the title credits but he said no as felt his moment had passed.

I think neighbours must have the best success rate of any soap for actors going onto other things, many British soap actors never really progress but neighbours has loads.
That’s a really good point. Aussie soaps get heavily criticised / mocked in the UK, but they churn out a lot of talent. Far more than British soaps!

Reactions: 4
That’s a really good point. Aussie soaps get heavily criticised / mocked in the UK, but they churn out a lot of talent. Far more than British soaps!
I think they get mocked by people who haven't watched for years. Neighbours can be Bagshot crazy with storyline like Gary being resurrected as a pigeon, but they have some great storylines with some amazing acting.

Reactions: 7
I think they get mocked by people who haven't watched for years. Neighbours can be Bagshot crazy with storyline like Gary being resurrected as a pigeon, but they have some great storylines with some amazing acting.
Oh I totally agree, just wish more people would give it a chance!

And even with the silly storylines, people should be allowed to watch whatever escapist tv they want. That’s why I don’t believe in “guilty pleasures”. Stop making people feel guilty or embarrassed for what they enjoy!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I quite liked Gary the pigeon, yes it was bonkers, but a little escapism makes my day brighter.
I get mocked for liking neighbours but it’s so much better than some other soaps.

Reactions: 6
I meant *Batshit crazy.
I don't know why some people mock us for watching neighbours, it's a better soap than eastenders, etc at least it doesn't leave you feeling depressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Definitely, although it does seem like a lot of people who hadn’t watched for years tuned in for the finale and were impressed, so hopefully that will translate into more viewers going forward. 🤞

Reactions: 5
This is not very exciting but I saw the actor who played Glen Donelly at the local airport where I'm from today. Its in Nth Qld so was very obscure to see him there. I'm currently back in Australia for family reasons hence why I was hanging around the airport!

Reactions: 5
Guys I think I’ve worked out the Varga-Murphy introduction storyline and the reason behind why Mike won’t return to Ramsay Street!

The Varga-Murphy’s arrive on Ramsay Street initially for a holiday when Jane and Mike rent their house out as an AirBnB as seen in a new clip on Amazon Freevee’s Instagram. Spoilers for the new episodes suggest that JJ who is one of the sons has expressed quite the interest in Ramsay Street and the street’s history. Spoilers have also revealed that JJ is actually looking for his biological father who apparently has rented an AirBnB out on Ramsay Street. Does this mean his father is Mike? That would explain why Jane visits Mike in England and claims that she’s been keeping something from him. Is it that she has discovered his child is on Ramsay Street? Is that why the Varga-Murphy’s could end up moving into No. 24 because Mike wants to make up for being absent in his child’s life so decides to put a roof over the family’s head by renting his house out to them? Given it’s possible JJ was conceived via IVF treatment with Mike being the sperm donor, could Mike feel obligated to stay away from Ramsay Street considering he has no parental rights to the child?

The publicity is amping up quite significantly. I’ve already seen the trailer advertised by Freevee on TikTok and countless journalists have published spoiler free reviews of the reboot today. It’s all very exciting.

Also…
Ive seen two characters who’s returns have been leaked today. I can confirm Aaron will be back in some capacity and Imogen is coming back for Toadie and Terese’s wedding.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone managed to download freevee on their tv? We have an LG smart tv so can get YouTube and other apps on it but no freevee. It’s a bit annoying as my OH also watches neighbours and we would often watch it together but will have to watch on our phones which is a bit rubbish. Wasn’t sure if freevee just isn’t available on smart tvs or it was just our tv or something we are doing wrong.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone managed to download freevee on their tv? We have an LG smart tv so can get YouTube and other apps on it but no freevee. It’s a bit annoying as my OH also watches neighbours and we would often watch it together but will have to watch on our phones which is a bit rubbish. Wasn’t sure if freevee just isn’t available on smart tvs or it was just our tv or something we are doing wrong.
You can download the Amazon Prime Video app which is on most smart TVs (no Prime subscription needed) and Neighbours is within that.

Thank you both. I will ask my tech guru aka OH to have a go and see which one works best.

Mines an LG too and I can't get it. Supposedly it's meant to be available on any model made from 2018 which mine is so I'm not sure what the issue is (I literally lost two hours to this on Google).

I'll either have to borrow someone's Amazon Prime login or mirror cast it from the app on my phone to my TV.
---
You can download the Amazon Prime Video app which is on most smart TVs (no Prime subscription needed) and Neighbours is within that.
Oooh is it? Without a login? I'll take a look. Thank you!

Re. how to watch: You don’t need the Freevee app as Freevee is available through the Prime Video app. I think you will probably need an Amazon account/login, but you do not need to pay for any sort of subscription.

There’s this video explaining it too:

Thank you both. I will ask my tech guru aka OH to have a go and see which one works best.
I can't download load it on my Samsung. I don't pay for amazon but I've been watching the old episodes via freevee on the amazon app on my Samsung and that's free.

Did anyone see Stefan and Rebeksh on this morning? It was obvious Holly and thingy from bin brother don't watch it. I saw a better preview and I'm excited.

Reactions: 2
I’ve just watched it. Thanks for saying. I thought Josie did a better job and seemed more genuinely interested. Holly just seemed a bit bored. Thank goodness they didn’t start going on about Kylie and Jason!
When Rebekah mentioned knowing Guy and I was like ‘oh yeah! He’s the father of Sophie’s baby!
I love this little links across soaps.
Also I recognise the man/lad who is in the bedroom with mischa Barton but can’t think why.
We’ve worked out how to get freevee on the tv, the Amazon prime app worked. I don’t have prime but it’s fine. The only annoying thing is we have to search for neighbours every time, but it’s not a massive thing .OH was moaning about it 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.