Names you can’t stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with many of you... I have never liked the name Darcy.. especially if it’s shortened (god knows why you’d do that)

Funny thing is, I now have a stepdaughter called Darcy 😱
How do you shorten it?

The shortened version of my daughters name is Evie (and on this list) but her full mane is Evangeline - cue the “oh you think you’re posh brigade”

.............when she was at nursery there was a Phoenix and in her class at school is a Rocky and Casey-Leigh. Yuck!

The shortened version of my daughters name is Evie (and on this list) but her full mane is Evangeline - cue the “oh you think you’re posh brigade”

.............when she was at nursery there was a Phoenix and in her class at school is a Rocky and Casey-Leigh. Yuck!
Rocky 🤦‍♀️ smh.
Evie is a popular name, I know a few and I really like it!

I know of a kid called Aldous but shortened to Aldi 🤦‍♀️😩

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can I ask how you think Erin is American?
Eireann is the proper spelling which literally means Ireland? Eire is also the other variation of ireland
I don’t - my Irish partner said it was ‘too American’
I think his reasoning was that it was apparently popularised as a given name in America

It's a nice name, reminds me of the actress Evangeline Lilly from LOST

Reactions: 2
I can’t believe I’ve just remembered this! I know someone who named her son BRINDLEY

My first thought: mixture of BRADY and HINDLEY
Please please tell me you’re all as horrified my that name as I was

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Meren
Pilare ?

They're names of young family members (<5yo) and honestly don't approve of them as i would rather call them by their nicknames lol

Also not sure of the spelling, just wrote how we pronounce them🙄

Both my kids have a mention here 🤣

I'm no fan of names that are intended to sound posh. Usually accompanied by very stuck up parents. At my daughters gymnastics there is a group of parents who are brother, sister, sister in law etc. They ignore everyone and are very up themselves. Kids have names like sebby, dotty, barnaby, Otis. I've come across many parents like this, other names that spring to mind; Mabel, beau, gerald.

Reactions: 4
Meren
Pilare ?

They're names of young family members (<5yo) and honestly don't approve of them as i would rather call them by their nicknames lol

Also not sure of the spelling, just wrote how we pronounce them🙄
I actually quite like those names, they sound Irish or French, are they?
but maybe I don't have very good taste as my daughters name has come up on this list 😂🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I actually quite like those names, they sound Irish or French, are they?
but maybe I don't have very good taste as my daughters name has come up on this list 😂🤦‍♀️
Oh yes i know Meren is Mary in Irish but idk about Pilare. I feel so sorry now didn't mean any offense really 🙈🙈

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.