Names you can’t stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe I’ve just remembered this! I know someone who named her son BRINDLEY

My first thought: mixture of BRADY and HINDLEY
Please please tell me you’re all as horrified my that name as I was
I also know someone who named their son this. Maybe it's the same person haha. I quite like it.

I know a Minnie, and a Missy! (Not siblings). I also know a Mason but spelt Maison 🙈
Oh and a Lacey-May. Lovely kids but not sure about the names
My cousin has a child called Maison makes me cringe!
My son goes to school with an Emma-Leigh, it’s awful just spell it Emily FFS!

Reactions: 3
I like very 'normal' names, which means theyre very common but I'm ok with that. Some of the names ive come across have been 🥴 I know of a Bow.. they wanted a nicer spelling of Beau for their girl 🙃
I have a son named beau, I just love it. He's 15 and I don't know many others his age range with the name, noticed a few younger with it now though

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have a son named beau, I just love it. He's 15 and I don't know many others his age range with the name, noticed a few younger with it now though
My son is called Beau, hes 4. I had a lot of negative comments when I first named him but I absolutely love it and he really suits it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Celeste
Sherisse
Irma
Chantal
Chantelle
Charmaine
Chardonnay
Doreen
Wendy
Gloria
Susan
Lindsay

Wyatt
Cadence
Reece
Leighton

I know someone who’s named their child Gunner 🙄 it’s just awful imo.
My friend told me of a friend who’s had a boy and named him Atlas.
Oh and can’t stand Rex and Ace or Xander, parents that think are really cool seem to be fond of these names.
I’m so done 😂😂😂 my son’s name is there! 🙈 I get so much grief for his name! People have to ask me like 3 times to make sure they heard right. Although, I don’t think I’m cool, I am cool OK?! 😂 Also my name has been mentioned once or twice but I know so many people with mine who were born in the 80,s 90’s.

I hate loads of names. Especially all of the Kardashian kids. Tacky af. Also not keen on old men’s names for little boys. Just makes me think of ugly kids (sorry!)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I can’t stand the name Ottelie. Someone that I vaguely know thought they’d be a bit ‘different’ and called their daughter it but spell it Otterleigh. 😳

I really actually dislike it when people change the conventional spelling of a name and think they’re being so clever and original and different when really it just makes them look a bit thick and it means their child will spend their whole life spelling their name to people as no one will be able to spell it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh god. My name has it’s own post now 😷
Mine came up a few pages ago :eek:

Isn't it funny how certain names seem to always point to a common personality to people?

For me:
  • I've always had beef with women named Sarah, Rachel and Kerry.
  • Ladies named Kate have always been go-getters / high achievers and all-round good types.
  • I've found Janine / Janeen ladies to be a pain in the butt.

Mine came up a few pages ago :eek:

Isn't it funny how certain names seem to always point to a common personality to people?

For me:
  • I've always had beef with women named Sarah, Rachel and Kerry.
  • Ladies named Kate have always been go-getters / high achievers and all-round good types.
  • I've found Janine / Janeen ladies to be a pain in the butt.
You’ll do for me Blackbird!!! 🤣

I feel sorry for boys named Beau. What if they're not beau?

Likewise girls named Grace who aren't graceful.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can’t believe I’ve just remembered this! I know someone who named her son BRINDLEY

My first thought: mixture of BRADY and HINDLEY
Please please tell me you’re all as horrified my that name as I was
Laugh but that was similar to what we were going to name our son as it was my husband late dads name. But spelt Brynley... pronounced Brin-lee. I said it’s sounds like Britney 😂
spelling is irrelevant it’s an awful name and I’m so glad we didn’t 🤣😂

And I hate Theo And Thea 🤢 the way you say it 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Reactions: 1
My SiL (the horrible one) named her daughter Daizeee, with a French thingymajig over one of the three Es. Poor child. It gets abbreviated to 'Day'. It'll be funny if she reads here.

A woman I worked with named her daughter Briony which reminded me of luncheon meat for some reason.

Some people are just cruel - imagine if Daizeee ever runs for Prime Minister?
😂😂😂
that’s madness!
I am scraping the depths of my basic French school lesson knowledge but does the accent not inflect/extend the sound of the ‘E’ and thus make the third ‘E’ completely and utterly unnecessary and ridiculous!?! 🙈🙄🤷🏻‍♀️

Or are folk expected to just keep going? “Right, Dai-se-eee-EEE where is your homework?”

That’s what i imagine it sounding like.
Hopefully she reaches teens and begins spelling it Daisy.

Speaking of separating your children from others with horrendous names I’ve done this 🙈 My daughter tried being friends with a Katanya! Nope, just not happening
Genuine question here and not intended as a “dig / having a go”

but... why?

This really bothers me. It’s not a child’s fault their parent named them something outlandish (agreed that name is.. WOW) so why punish them in a very exclusionary way?Is this a good example to set for children? IMO this very much encourages and continues classism and prejudice. I get you dislike the name, however, that’s no reflection of what makes someone a good person.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh yes i know Meren is Mary in Irish but idk about Pilare. I feel so sorry now didn't mean any offense really 🙈🙈
Think Pilar is a common Spanish name? Ive heard Turkish people use it as well. Maybe it sounds different because it sounds like the english word pillar?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.