Names you can’t stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just remembered something. I have a name which doesn’t seem to get used now but was popular in the ‘80s and ‘90s - particularly as a middle name.

When I was around maybe 8 -10 years old though I didn’t actually know anyone with the name (despite it being fairly common) and so whenever anyone used to ask my name I used to really over-pronounce it and sometimes even spell it out because I thought it was some rare exotic name they wouldn’t have heard of 😂

What a twit.
Kimberley!???

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I have never liked an Amanda . Everyone I have met has been mean , bitchy , two faced and entitled .
My last boss was an Amanda. An evil woman. But my Dad’s last wife (ex-step mum) is an Amanda and I love her... when I see the name pop up in a notification I always gasp in case it’s the evil woman... she makes me shudder!

No! I’d say more common than that. I’d forgotten about the name Kimberley. I’ve not known of or met a Kimberley in years!
My dad wanted to call me Kimberley - he had a obsession with Kim Wilde. I’m glad he chose otherwise! Also very surprised that I didn’t end up as a Kylie...

Charlotte - always had bad/weird experiences with people called Charlotte
Alice - it's a nice name but all the Alice's I've met haven't been that nice
Ella - it's quite pretty, but overused
Robyn, Casey, Lacey, Demi, Mollie, Danielle, Fern and Chelsea - reminds me of bullies from school
Kaitlin/Caitlin/Kayla, etc - sounds and looks horrible
Jayden/Kayden/Aydan, etc - sounds and looks horrible
Olivia, Abi, Katie and Stephanie - they are boring names
Nicola/Nicole, Natalie/Natalia - quite boring names
Poppy and Maisie - a bit childish
Grace/Gracie/Grayson
American names with "lyn" or "axon" on the end.

Last edited:
I do hate that Aidan/Aiden has been lumped with all the bastardised versions of it. Its a nice simple name, why add different different letters at the front!

Reactions: 3
Just realised I really don’t like -acey names as much as -dens.Casey, Kacie, Lacey, macey, nasey, Stacey, Tracey. 😂

I’ve been inputting new reception kids into our school system today and it made me think of this thread with Nevaeh (heaven backwards)-Rose, Jayden, Sebbie, Mohammed, Gracie-Mae, Daisy, Ava, Kelsey-Jai 😂😂😂

Names like Parker, Ranger are too American. I can imagine someone calling a girl one of them too and thinking it's ~ edgy ~

Everything on this, frankly, unbelievable list

Reactions: 2
Lily, James and..... Voldemort?? How adorable 😂🤪
Slightly more unusual than lily or James but not quite Minerva or Severus levels of unusual😅

My friend went away for university. When we visited, she introduced us to her new friend "Field"
I knew someone at sixth form called ‘Blaze’ she was very quirky with bright coloured hair, also knew a kid briefly growing up called ‘Star’.

One of my kids names has been mentioned as very 80’s, the other one hasn’t made an appearance yet🤣

I have seen my sons name come on here twice but spelt different.
I hate my exs name and it seems that it appears on most tv programs etc ...its like its haunting me.

My SiL (the horrible one) named her daughter Daizeee, with a French thingymajig over one of the three Es. Poor child. It gets abbreviated to 'Day'. It'll be funny if she reads here.

A woman I worked with named her daughter Briony which reminded me of luncheon meat for some reason.

Some people are just cruel - imagine if Daizeee ever runs for Prime Minister?

I love this thread :ROFLMAO: seems that Chloe’s across the nation(s) are known to be witches - why is this? I don’t know anyone with that name but for some reason I have that impression too

My daughter’s name came up once but I don’t think that’s much of a win as it’s kinda uncommon. I’m surprised that a few people have said Erin! It was on my list (vetoed for being ‘too American’) and I thought it was pretty non-offensive

Also all the currently popular names being slated, makes me wonder why they’re popular. Unless Tattlers all have unpopular opinions 🤔
Can I ask how you think Erin is American?
Eireann is the proper spelling which literally means Ireland? Eire is also the other variation of ireland

My SiL (the horrible one) named her daughter Daizeee, with a French thingymajig over one of the three Es. Poor child. It gets abbreviated to 'Day'. It'll be funny if she reads here.

A woman I worked with named her daughter Briony which reminded me of luncheon meat for some reason.

Some people are just cruel - imagine if Daizeee ever runs for Prime Minister?
Your SIL is a gormless fuckwit I’m guessing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Omg this thread was made for me because I hate nearly every name, I find something wrong with every name 😂😂😂😂 just a taster of what I hate
Olivia
Dermot/Diarmuid
Charlotte
Harriet
Arthur
Lexi
Mckenzie
Nevaeh
Skyler/Sky.
All the Den names 🙈
Cody, - used to like it until a friend of mine said it sounded like it was short for codeine 😂
Alesha/Alicia - whatever 100 other ways it's spelt
Hudson
Brooklyn
Donna
Nova
Sarah
David
Connor
Jack 1 in 2 boys are called Jack 😐
I could keep going and more than likely I hate everyother name mentioned here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Never a truer saying that you don't realise how many people you hate till you have to name a baby 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Rose/Rosie
Mae/May
Grace (if tagged on as a middle, first is ok)
Lilly if attached to Mae/May
Ellie if attached to May/Mae
Grace if attached to Mae/Mae etc!
Olivia
Amelia
Naveah (just no god damn awful!!)
Harley/Harlow/Harper
Anything with Lee added on

Basically ANYTHING double-barelled of mis-spelt!

Some are due to sheer mass popularity i.e. Olivia and Amelia.

Rose/Rosie
Mae/May
Grace (if tagged on as a middle, first is ok)
Lilly if attached to Mae/May
Ellie if attached to May/Mae
Grace if attached to Mae/Mae etc!
Olivia
Amelia
Naveah (just no god damn awful!!)
Harley/Harlow/Harper
Anything with Lee added on

Basically ANYTHING double-barelled of mis-spelt!

Some are due to sheer mass popularity i.e. Olivia and Amelia.

For boys mainly the really popular mame my eyes roll back in boredom i.e Arlo, Finley, Oliver etc (otherwise they'd be fine) but also there are also some shockingly chavvy ones too that I am too tired to think of.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.