Names you can’t stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had to chip in with this one:

my friend works in a & e and there was a child named Le-ah so my friend assumed it was pronounced Leah and shouted it into the waiting room and the mam screamed “it’s ledasha” makes me laugh everytime I think aboutit🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I feel like Americans at the moment are coming out with some crazy names.. I’ve just stumbled upon an Instagram page and the names of her 9 kids are- girls- Rivers, Rayne, Rawlings. Boys - Blu, Layke, Wales, Tag, Bridge, Saylor. 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I feel like Americans at the moment are coming out with some crazy names.. I’ve just stumbled upon an Instagram page and the names of her 9 kids are- girls- Rivers, Rayne, Rawlings. Boys - Blu, Layke, Wales, Tag, Bridge, Saylor. 😳
Yes i heard of this family their the family with sextuplets aren’t they like seriously lake river saylor bridge why all water themed

a YouTuber hollyvlogs named her son cloud like honestly the poor child going about life with a name like that

I like unusual names to an extent but cloud is too much

Reactions: 2
My name (which I hate, sounds like a narky old GP receptionist) and all of my boys names have appeared 😂
My husbands hasn’t and he’s got what I’d consider the wackiest name amongst us.

I hate Danielle, Carla, Hayley, Melissa, Kayleigh, Leanne as every girl I’ve met called one of these have been chavvy hard faced witches.

More modern girls names I don’t like are Miley, Marin, Sienna, Skylar, Harper, Ava, Olivia. Just remind me of little brats (sorry!)

Boys names i don’t like are Arthur, Vincent, Guy, Gabriel, Joel, Jaxon, Harvey, Kaiden and the like, Rocco, Rocky. They conjure up imagines of kids permanently in footie kits, Kenzo tracksuits with some footballers hairstyle playing really rough in soft play when they are clearly too old for it!

sorry if I offend anyone, I realise I sound like a snobby twit

• Haha
Reactions: 11
obssssssessedd with this thread!

I hate double barred names, outdated and tacky.

Cant stand Kayden,Hayden,Jayden etc.

Annie, Ellie, Kayla, Connie, Bonnie, Grace /ie, Lucy, Coby, Delilah, Lulu, Arabella, Ocean, Pebbles and all them awful ones.

Kai, Kieran, Sam, Hunter, Carter, Ryan, Luca, Tyler, Toby, Lucas, Knox are also tragic.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I really can’t stand names ending with ie sound would love to change my own name it’s far too common and I just feel having an ie sound it’s hard to be taken seriously

My friends after calling her daughter laila honestly can’t stand it it sound like a strippers name

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Lottie
Poppy
Milly
Lilly
Gilly
All the e's and y's sound like a 3 year old thought up those names

I really can’t stand names ending with ie sound would love to change my own name it’s far too common and I just feel having an ie sound it’s hard to be taken seriously

My friends after calling her daughter laila honestly can’t stand it it sound like a strippers name
I have an “ie” sound name. Hate it. Also hate that it’s primarily a boys name. Has caused no end of problems during job interviews etc if I don’t use my feminine middle name along with it. I get letters addressing me as “Mr.” It’s so annoying.

What are people thoughts on place names like
London if I ever have another daughter I think I’ll call her London don’t worry we don’t live in England is it too out there!?

I knew of a girl called Jade who insisted it was spelled Jayde - to the point she put it on the passport details for a plane booking. Turns out it was just Jade. I can never understand why people add extra letters.
Have a love hate relationship with the name Holly. A part of me loves it but the other half just remembers one of the girls that bullied me and my friends.
my sister used to encounter a lot of random names in her job:
-Bessie boo
-Beyoncé Shakira
-rocky 4
-rocky 5
And champagne (but spelled wrong) were some of the worst.

I really don’t understand the trend with the name ocean like yes the ocean is a nice thing but so is cake I’m not going to call my kid cake most of these people calling their kids ocean have no meaning behind it either

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The name Katie is like the chavvy version of Kate made even worst when people pronounce it Kay-ee
( my biggest pet peeve people not pronouncing “t”)

A girl in my daughters class is called Prudence her parents must genuinely dislike her to give her such a truly disgusting name

Sorry if I sound like a right witch but honestly prudence who comes up with these names

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.