Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Trewly'

Wow.
i get that it's a cultural thing, but wow - that was a wild ride! PearlyGirl?! Honey Peaches sounds like the name was inspired by the label on a can of tinned fruit, and surely Trewly could at least have been spelt Truly! i think she's one of 13 kids, so it would be interesting to know the names of her other siblings! a few of her neices are named Adorabella. and Winniefreda, and a nephew named Benji-Valentino, which seem pretty tame in comparison!

and imagine being called Ruby Anne or whatever her other sisters were called, and then your youngest sister was born and named Trewly-Precious Sunshine - as if that isn't a name for their favourite child! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
initially thought it was a spelling mistake, but i saw someone saying their daughter's name was Charliegh Rose, assumed it was Charleigh - which looks so ugly, compared to spellings like Charlie or Charley - but no, she chose to spell the poor girl's name Charliegh, and expects the "liegh" to be pronounced as "leigh"! 🙄

Reactions: 2
There’s a fairly famous Irish (former) rugby player called Geordan Murphy, but his real name is George.

Reactions: 1
I'm sorry to say this as someone with recent Irish heritage, but some Irish names are horrific. Grainne, Gobnait, Clodagh, Fiachra, Doireann.

Some stunning ones too - Aoife, Caoimhe.

Reactions: 6
I'm sorry to say this as someone with recent Irish heritage, but some Irish names are horrific. Grainne, Gobnait, Clodagh, Fiachra, Doireann.

Some stunning ones too - Aoife, Caoimhe.
Gobnait is particularly horrendous!

• Haha
Gobnait is particularly horrendous!
No offence to any Gobhnait out there but I’ve never met one that isn’t a dose ! It’s the Irish for the name Abbey which is mad considering they don’t even sound like a first cousin to one and other ! There’s some lovely Irish names but there’s some woeful ones too, like any language

Reactions: 3
Was reading something I think it was the scum (thanks google) , a woman with I think like 12 kids who wanted to beat sue radford by getting married to a dad of ten. She had a child called marvelous. Well if you've gotta live up to name 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Was reading something I think it was the scum (thanks google) , a woman with I think like 12 kids who wanted to beat sue radford by getting married to a dad of ten. She had a child called marvelous. Well if you've gotta live up to name 🙄
Andy Carrolls daughter is called Marvel 😳

• Wow
  • Haha
and it isn't just Marvelous - it's Marvelous Artymis! 🙄

her kids names are such a mishmash from fairly standard - Andrew, Victoria, Adam, Amelia, Delilah - to slightly more unusual - Mara, Donovan, Darla - to totally wild - Marvellous, Dash and Modi - plus a KrEaTiV spelling - Martayla - thrown in the mix! she has truly ticked all the boxes! 🤣

Reactions: 3
A friends daughter is called Siri.
A girl who I work with her middle name is Siri but she’s 38! Apparently she’s named after her Aunt who’s Scandinavian and it’s a popular girls name over there she used to like it now she hates it bless her

Reactions: 1
A girl who I work with her middle name is Siri but she’s 38! Apparently she’s named after her Aunt who’s Scandinavian and it’s a popular girls name over there she used to like it now she hates it bless her
it's kinda like all the girls/women who were named Alexa prior to introduction of Amazon Alexa - not. a bad name in itself, but the association must be incredibly annoying, not to mention if you then have an Alexa in your home or visit someone with Alexa and the confusion that could cause! 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.