Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 85 baby so school from 90s we ALL had Louise as a middle name I swear 😂

Reminds me of this post from Hunsnet which is run by a guy called Gareth. Cracked me up

IMG_7781.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In addition to all of the middle names of Louise, I (born 1986...) know two women who's first name is Louise 😅.

it was impossible to ever find anything in souviner shops with my name on and I was always super jealous of other kids with "common" names, and would have jumped at the opportunity to change my name to something else
Me too! My parents decided to spell my name so it was yooneek. It's annoying - I have to correct everyone on it. Or no one can say it.

As I've mentioned on social media about not being able to find anything with my name on it in the souvenir shop, my sister got a keyring made for me.

Reactions: 1
Just seen a baby called Graylynn (gremlin?) on FB. Taken in her dad's arms showing his tattoo of her as an embryo with a clock representing the date she was implanted. I just can't.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
In my GCSE science class in 1998 there were 5 Sarahs, 3 Jessicas, and at least 4 variations on the name Katherine. There were only about 20 kids in the class and 4 were boys!

Reactions: 2
I left school in 2016. In my year group the most popular name was Chloe and had several variations. Khloe, Khloé, Kloe, Kloé and Chloe.

There was 7 Katie’s and 5 Sarah’s in my year group in school! A few Michelle’s too spice things up 🤣

My class was full of Samanthas, Lauras and Claires. I'm an 80s kid without Louise as a middle name. There can't be many of us.

Reactions: 3
First time commenting here. My daughter was born 95 and when she started school in 2000 there were 5 Amy's in her class. Previous to this there were 3 Amy's in playgroup. All different girl's.

Reactions: 4
First time commenting here. My daughter was born 95 and when she started school in 2000 there were 5 Amy's in her class. Previous to this there were 3 Amy's in playgroup. All different girl's.
I'm 10 years older than that, and I know loads of Amys too. And Amie, Aimée, etc 😅

Not as common as Sarah, Laura / Lauren or Rebecca though.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm 10 years older than that, and I know loads of Amys too. And Amie, Aimée, etc 😅

Not as common as Sarah, Laura / Lauren or Rebecca though.
yeah, i was born in the late 80s, and Amy/Amie etc was a super popular name of girls my age at school!

I think in the whole of my primary school there were about 2 other girls with the same name as me. I was born 73. You here it all the time now. It's not an unusual name, it must have just become very popular I reckon around the mid 80's. I live outside the UK now and I sometimes hear very young girls here with the same name (spelt slightly different) I would imagine named after these actresses.

I remember we had four Liams in one class. 2 Sarahs, 2 Louises, 3 Davids. I'm an early 90s baby.

I'm called Mark, I don't hide that, partly because it's such a common name 😅

Pretty much every class at school and every place I've worked has had multiple (one of my work colleagues had to resort to surnames in an email which included 3 of us...)

It does seem to have lost some popularity after about 1990 though.

Reactions: 5
I'm called Mark, I don't hide that, partly because it's such a common name 😅

Pretty much every class at school and every place I've worked has had multiple (one of my work colleagues had to resort to surnames in an email which included 3 of us...)

It does seem to have lost some popularity after about 1990 though.
Yeah my schools were full of marks, Matthew, Stuart ands James

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.