Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just read an article about a women who chose to name her daughter Brooklyn - but insisted on spelling it Brocclin! like, not only would that spelling not be pronounced the same as Brooklyn, it is way too close to naming your child Broccoli! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
just read an article about a women who chose to name her daughter Brooklyn - but insisted on spelling it Brocclin! like, not only would that spelling not be pronounced the same as Brooklyn, it is way too close to naming your child Broccoli! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
Brocclin!!! WTF. Sounds like a dish you’d make with leftover broccoli.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just had to take a break from work as I nealt choked on my breakfast. Currently dealing with a "Kal-El". For those who don't know, it's Superman's name on planet Krypton. It's what Nicholas Cage called his kid, and it always appears on those "worst celebrity child names" lists.

Had a brother and sister called Charlie and Lola last week.

I love my job 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Cathy….. the people who live behind us have a dog called Cathy and it’s always bleeping barking. And the people have proper thick scouse accents and their always shouting ‘Caaaaaaaaaaaatttthhhyyyyy shurrup’ multiple times through the day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Cathy….. the people who live behind us have a dog called Cathy and it’s always bleeping barking. And the people have proper thick scouse accents and their always shouting ‘Caaaaaaaaaaaatttthhhyyyyy shurrup’ multiple times through the day 😂
I would constantly be singing Kate Bush at it, the temptation would be too strong

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I read this in the same voice as that parrot "Chanellllllllllll" :ROFLMAO: bleeping Cathy though, is it a dog or a 65 year old woman :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A Haisley and a Poot, both girls and not from the same family! Both awful!
if Poot is the kid i'm thinking of, i her actual name is Poppy, and Poot is a nickname her mother chose because she thought it sounded cute. it's easy to think Poot is her actual name though because they only ever use the nickname and even dress her in personalised hoodies etc with the name "Poot" emblazoned across the front! at least the kid can choose to be called Poppy when she's a little older! 🤦🏻‍♀️

if Poot is the kid i'm thinking of, i her actual name is Poppy, and Poot is a nickname her mother chose because she thought it sounded cute. it's easy to think Poot is her actual name though because they only ever use the nickname and even dress her in personalised hoodies etc with the name "Poot" emblazoned across the front! at least the kid can choose to be called Poppy when she's a little older! 🤦🏻‍♀️
I saw a video and the mum said that her little girl was indeed legally called Poot. Poot James, to be precise! She could have just been joking but sounded pretty serious. I hope Poppy is her actual name, that’s much better!

I saw a video and the mum said that her little girl was indeed legally called Poot. Poot James, to be precise! She could have just been joking but sounded pretty serious. I hope Poppy is her actual name, that’s much better!
that's the kid! her name is legally Poppy James - they just call her Poot as a nickname. i think she's made videos on tiktok etc implying her legal name is Poot because people were acting with such outrage believing that was her real name. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 1
Just had to take a break from work as I nealt choked on my breakfast. Currently dealing with a "Kal-El". For those who don't know, it's Superman's name on planet Krypton. It's what Nicholas Cage called his kid, and it always appears on those "worst celebrity child names" lists.

Had a brother and sister called Charlie and Lola last week.

I love my job 🤣
I got the superman reference 😂. Think it’s a brave choice.

that's the kid! her name is legally Poppy James - they just call her Poot as a nickname. i think she's made videos on tiktok etc implying her legal name is Poot because people were acting with such outrage believing that was her real name. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve also seen this mother before. She did make it seem like the kids name was poot. Didn’t mention it was a nickname in the article with clips I saw.

Just seen another video and the mum says the official name is Poppy James, so the other one was definitely a joke!

My job never fails to bring me back to this thread. The new trend around here seems to be initial+apostrophe names.

Today I've seen a Bront'E and a J'Ceeconnor 🙄

Last week I saw a Koden. I suppose Coben/Koben are getting too common and they thought they ought to jazz it up a bit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.