Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this thread so I'm joining in, most of these have no reason at all I just hate the sound of them.

Malachai/Malachi
Calliope
Reuben
Gertrude, Trudie and any variations, it just sound harsh and agressive.
Payton - Anyone seen the film The Hand That Rocks The Cradle? THAT!
Wendy
Reginald - Just makes me think of The Krays.
Ottilie
Beatrice
Aspen

Reactions: 5
I hate the name Carly. It sounds like it should be short for something but it isn’t. Jodie fits in that category too.

Just found this thread so I'm joining in, most of these have no reason at all I just hate the sound of them.

Malachai/Malachi
Calliope
Reuben
Gertrude, Trudie and any variations, it just sound harsh and agressive.
Payton - Anyone seen the film The Hand That Rocks The Cradle? THAT!
Wendy
Reginald - Just makes me think of The Krays.
Ottilie
Beatrice
Aspen
I agree with all except Beatrice

Reactions: 2
Nevaeh
chelsea
shannon
paige

mckenzie
ronnie
tyler

I really hate my own name too, no wonder it’s become extinct lol 😂

Reactions: 4
I am so not a fan of names ending with "ie" some of them are ok such as Ellie, but cutesy ones I can't stand, I just can't imagine taking adults seriously with these 2 yr old child names, examples

Hattie...just makes me think of hats
Minnie...no comment needed
Hettie...reminds me of elephants
Ottolie...just strange
Reggie...old man name
Teddie...I've seen one spelled like this, imagine being a grown man called teddie.

Just been doing a stalk of an old friend from school’s facebook. His name is Ian and his mums had another baby and called i Lilian. Ian and Lil-Ian.

• Haha
My friend told me recently her boss has a grandson called Hunter-Hendrix and yes they always use both names! 😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
its name is i Lilian? Like i robot??
*it

my phones been ridiculously slow since I updated it and i didn’t notice, sorry! 😅

but along the same lines,
Someone else in my town has a son named Bishop after the robot/android in the aliens movies. Apparently the dad is a big fan. Their other son is Magnus-Danger.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
With the job I do, I could list at least 10 abominations a day. I had a family with 6 kids yesterday, each name was either made up or had mangled spelling (took me a while to realise that Eveah was probably just Evie).

The hyphenated trend of Lily-Mai, etc, appears to be gradually giving way to no hyphens at all. Let's just run the whole name together! This morning alone I've had Tommyjames, Gracileigh and Brandonlee 🤮

• Wow
With the job I do, I could list at least 10 abominations a day. I had a family with 6 kids yesterday, each name was either made up or had mangled spelling (took me a while to realise that Eveah was probably just Evie).

The hyphenated trend of Lily-Mai, etc, appears to be gradually giving way to no hyphens at all. Let's just run the whole name together! This morning alone I've had Tommyjames, Gracileigh and Brandonlee 🤮
urgh. the whole trend of unnecessarily destroying names under the guise of being "KrEaTiVe" and "YoUNeEQuE" makes me wanna scratch my eyes out my head. 🤢🤢

Eveah?! ffs, it looks as though it should be pronounced to rhyme with the name Leah - more Ev-Ee-Uh than Evie. poor kid. not only will it constantly be mispronounced and misspelled, it's just ugly. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I hate the name Casey. I think it's ugly and reminds me of school bullies. Caitlin, Kayla, Courtney and Chelsea are the same.

Any name with loads of Ks, Ls and vowels, often ending with 'h'... like Kaleedah or Kedeieshia.

Most American names. Especially when they replace an 'o' or an 'e' with a 'y'. Brandyn, etc.

Arabella. Luna. Jemima. Stella. Tia. Esther. Carly.

Worst "normal" names of celebrity children (i.e not Pilot Inspektor or X AE A-Xii):
Katherine Jenkins - Aaliyah Reign
Chloe Madeley - Bodhi Rae
Imogen Thomas - Ariana and Sierra

Other names I don't like.... I put in a spoiler incase the post is too long/annoying to scroll through!
Olivia
Ruby
Emily
Abi/Abby
Amelia
Kate/Katie
Grace
Leah
Paige
Sophie/Sophia
Ella (and Ella-Rose)
Madison
Rebecca
Noah
Lucas
Jonah/Jonas
Ethan
Nathan
Jacob
Jayden
Graham
Timothy
Robert
Mason
Jaxon
Kane
Kai/Kye
Cody
Coby
Hunter
Levi
Logan
Brogan

Reactions: 3

I've seen Shaunmichael

• Haha
Enola wasn't a name i had any specific opinion on, until I saw it described as "it's the word 'alone' spelt backwards". argh. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just came across a family on Instagram, their kids are:
Chelsea
Chloe
Liam
Imogen
Mason
Porsha
Oscar
Alfie
Vanellope
Aurora
Minnie-Mae

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Just came across a family on Instagram, their kids are:
Chelsea
Chloe
Liam
Imogen
Mason
Porsha
Oscar
Alfie
Vanellope
Aurora
Minnie-Mae
it always makes me wonder about the thought process behind families who have loads of kids with such a random, jumbled collection of names of mismatched styles. like, if i saw that list of names, i wouldn't assume they were all siblings. not that i think sibling names have to "match", as such, but this is a somewhat jarring collection!

they seem to have started out giving their kids fairly basic, ordinary names - Chloe, Liam etc and then, as they have more kids, the names they choose tend to become a little more on-trend, in terms of them being names that are popular at the time - Mason, Alfie, Oscar etc - chuck in a total wildcard with Porsha - slightly chavvy vibes - and then just kinda go "duck it!" and opt for a totally bizarre made-up name from one of their kids' favourite movies, or allow the kids themselves to pick the baby's name - in this case, Vanellope from wreck-it Ralph - and then chucked in a hyphenated name for their youngest daughter just for good measure, because hyphenated names are so KrEaTiV and YoONeeK. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.